Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Instruments [with List Updates]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote:This is different. You are ranking entire companies, rather than just their products.
So a company that scores high on everything except sound and features (Soundspot) is better than a company that scores great on sound and features but not on anything else (Sound Guru)?
I detect a flaw in your reasoning....
I'm actually not reasoning the way you are. The original intention was to just hear about "10's" - meaning: please tell me, are there ANY companies in the plugin world that have all their s*** together? So it wasn't really intended as a gradation between 1 and 10.

I see what you mean though, someone with a garbage plugin with terrible sound and a broken interface to offer but who has a stellar website and awesome customer service isn't going to balance well if this were a scale.

So only 10's for the lists, please! Although I'm still interested in hearing people thoughts about how some companies bounce off these criteria.

Since I don't care about 2 (accurate metrics), 6 (great presets) and 9 (acceptable marketing practices, at least as you define them) these are the companies that score 7/7 for me:

Waves
U-he
Xils
Xfer
Cableguys
Plogue

Crysonic :party:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Synapse Audio

Uhe
Sugar Bytes
Tone2
Klevgrand
KV331

Soundtoys

gentleclockdivider wrote:Crysonic :party:
+1 :hihi:

You know... there's now a sale going on. Be fast! Won't last long! :hyper:

Cryosonics NOT added.

:roll:

u-he ... by a long shot!

i owned plugs from most companies right now from the one i m thinking xfer ,tal ,melda are on top . if you need a feature they will think about it if it make sense to make the product better...they will also not wait months to fix bugs... while many/most companies just think to $$$ and not making their product better

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

For me:

U-he, great at everything.
NI, only slow support, the rest is great for me.
Xfer, also good support, great product.
Moddart, I don't like the GUi of pianoteq that much (aesthetically) but it is a great instrument.
dedication to flying

A criterion that's missing here and in the effects thread: does the dev frequently update the products? And that's where eg Sugarbytes sadly fall off the list. They rather release new products than adding requested features to existing products.

That's a good point, paterpeter, thanks for pointing it out. I consider that customer service - after the product is made and on the market maintaining it is a service offered to the current customer of that product.

I updated the original post to reflect the changes. Thanks again!

:tu:

Applied Acoustics Systems

Great support and products, web site, everything
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”