TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

This one has been on my list for ages - but I always seem to get side-tracked by other plugins/hardware :dog:

Do they ever have sales? Checked out the KVR News section and it looks like they do. But they seem to be exceptionally rare... :)

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:This one has been on my list for ages - but I always seem to get side-tracked by other plugins/hardware :dog:

Do they ever have sales? Checked out the KVR News section and it looks like they do. But they seem to be exceptionally rare... :)

/C
I have never seen a sale, that I can remember. But once in a while you see someone selling his (or hers) license for around 30-40 USD. I bought my license at 30 USD. I never use though, and I would sell it if I could, but afaik it becomes NFR when you buy it second hand.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

They've had a sale once through plugin boutique in 2013 I think. It was 50% off U-NO-LX. The only one I've ever seen, though.

I would be ailling to sell my license if interested.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:I would be ailling to sell my license if interested.
Give me an offer that I cannot refuse :)

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

TAL had a 30% off sale near black Friday that they only announced via their Twitter account and lasted only 24 hours. It's as if it was a secret.

Odd.

DrGonzo wrote:
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:I would be ailling to sell my license if interested.
Give me an offer that I cannot refuse :)

/C
PM sent
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Hi there. I have a question about TAL Sampler. I'm working through Ableton Live 9 Lite, and I would like to MIDI assign the start and end loop knobs to knobs on a MIDI controller. Either with Ableton Live's MIDI assignment device, or the one internal to the VST, the only parameters I can't seem to be able ton assign to controller knobs are precisely the ones related to loop definition. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and has a solution to or workaround it ? Thanks a lot, have a good week-end !

edit : looking at the list of automatable parameters in Reaper, I can not see these either... Could it be so stupid that these are not meant to be midi controlled ?

Anton_K wrote:Hi there. I have a question about TAL Sampler. I'm working through Ableton Live 9 Lite, and I would like to MIDI assign the start and end loop knobs to knobs on a MIDI controller. Either with Ableton Live's MIDI assignment device, or the one internal to the VST, the only parameters I can't seem to be able ton assign to controller knobs are precisely the ones related to loop definition. Has anyone ever encountered this problem and has a solution to or workaround it ? Thanks a lot, have a good week-end !

edit : looking at the list of automatable parameters in Reaper, I can not see these either... Could it be so stupid that these are not meant to be midi controlled ?
You cannot map them directly, you have to assign them to the control knobs via the mod-matrix, then midi learn your controller to the control knobs.

-Cheers

pekbro wrote: You cannot map them directly, you have to assign them to the control knobs via the mod-matrix, then midi learn your controller to the control knobs.
-Cheers
Hi, thanks for your answer, it appears to work ! I can't really get what I want in terms of range and how to have the modulation behave like the initial parameter but that's a matter of understanding how the mod-matrix works. I you know a good tutorial on mod-matrices I'm interested ! Anyway thanks again, have a good day.

Hmm, you can no doubt find some tutorials or videos specific to TAL Sampler at the TAL site or youtube etc. A mod-matrix is just an elegant way of connecting modulators to parameters, any tutorials are going to be specific to a given plugin. As for this one, its pretty straight forward. You choose a modulator, then select a parameter as a destination for it, then set how much the mod will affect the parameter with the knob on the left. The knob is bi-polar so -100 to 100 %, that range becomes whatever the range of the parameter is. Thats about it really.

My advice would be to just experiment with it to see how it works, the LFO's will probably offer the most obvious insight, then the envelopes etc.

-Cheers

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Can the background color be changed? At least made lighter? I get the vibe they're going for, but the contrast is kinda low TBH.

@ egbert101, thanks for the head's up. Yes it's free, just downloaded and installed.

@ Yellowmix, yes, the colour can be changed. There are a bunch of preset colour schemes, I use blue..and also you can then lighten or darken that theme..or create your own.

Anyone know if the factory sounds have been changed? I'm assuming not.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

egbert101 wrote:TAL-Sampler has reached version 2.0.0:

Update Notes
Cleaner UI. Minor bug fixes (v 2.0.0)

Looks to be a minor update and free for 1.x customers. :party:
Oh nice... I didn't get any e-mail update about this, had no idea!

Will check this out after work. Hopefully it crashes less than before :( I love TAL sampler but it tends to crash a lot, both in Live and Renoise :( (mostly happens when using the modulation section, doing things like modulating timestretch with an LFO, etc).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”