Pauses in cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thejonsolo wrote:No your setup is fine. Make SURE you are using the ASIO driver. Also make sure you are using the correct drivers for your hardware version. The version 2 drivers DO NOT work with version 1 hardware and vice-versa.

Turn OFF ASIO guard. And lower your buffer size to 512.

And...upgrade to 9.5, it is better, ha.
I downloaded the drivers from here :
https://us.focusrite.com/downloads?prod ... +first+gen

The version 2 and version 1 drivers are the same I guess . Atleast in their website it seems so .
How do I know my version of focusrite 2i4 ?
I think its an ASIO driver .
I am going to upgrade .. I am just waiting for cubase 10 ..

Just see how many times it is peaking .. even without playing anything ..

When i play see how frequently it peaks ..

For some reason , I am not able to record the audio . Kindly excuse .
https://youtu.be/tQRIpnrwk4s
Last edited by vignesh.vijay on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

vignesh.vijay wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:No your setup is fine. Make SURE you are using the ASIO driver. Also make sure you are using the correct drivers for your hardware version. The version 2 drivers DO NOT work with version 1 hardware and vice-versa.

Turn OFF ASIO guard. And lower your buffer size to 512.

And...upgrade to 9.5, it is better, ha.
I downloaded the drivers from here :
https://us.focusrite.com/downloads?prod ... +first+gen

The version 2 and version 1 drivers are the same I guess . Atleast in their website it seems so .
How do I know my version of focusrite 2i4 ?
I think its an ASIO driver .
I am going to upgrade .. I am just waiting for cubase 10 ..
If you bought it recently, it's most likely gen 2. The drivers are different. Your link is for gen1.

shidostrife wrote: If you bought it recently, it's most likely gen 2. The drivers are different. Your link is for gen1.
I bought this like 3 or 4 years ago . So it should be 1st gen mostly .

I see, then your driver is correct.
Have you tried loading another project or a new blank one?

shidostrife wrote:I see, then your driver is correct.
Have you tried loading another project or a new blank one?
The blank one does not have any problem .

Even for this . When I was composing , I used around 50 midi tracks .. and had the samples purged . I did not have any huge problem .

I am facing this issue when I am mixing with all the extracted audio files .

Note that running Cubase 7 on Windows 10 is unsupported. Running a very old version of your DAW on a constantly evolving OS like Win10 can cause odd behavior like this out of the blue. People running Cubase 9.5 were able to fix this by downloading the Fall Creators Update for Win10, but you'll probably have to upgrade Cubase to get rid of the freezes.

Cubase Pro 9.5 is fantastic. Even if you ignore the new features (which people are going crazy about) it just feels a lot better to use. You wont regret upgrading.

I also have a first gen 2i4 and the only driver that works well for me is the old one (v2.51):
https://us.focusrite.com/downloads/2i2- ... t-2i2-only

With the latest driver I had nothing but problems: pops/cracks, crashes and even blue screens.

This is on Windows 10 x64.

Reefius wrote:I also have a first gen 2i4 and the only driver that works well for me is the old one (v2.51):
https://us.focusrite.com/downloads/2i2- ... t-2i2-only

With the latest driver I had nothing but problems: pops/cracks, crashes and even blue screens.

This is on Windows 10 x64.
This is a driver for 2i2 . Does this work for 2i4 as well ?

I've been using this driver for years now without any issues. This used to be the only driver available for all Scarlett products, until they recently added the 4.x driver. It's quite strange they now claim it's for 2i2 only.

I had been using the beta driver for the 2i4 (first gen) for months. I decided to try the latest official version last night and I am getting pauses, overloads and pops/clicks so I'm downgrading back to the beta driver. I kept hearing that Focusrite has the worst ASIO drivers but man....this is terrible performance I've largely had with the Scarlett since I got it.

xphen0m wrote:I had been using the beta driver for the 2i4 (first gen) for months. I decided to try the latest official version last night and I am getting pauses, overloads and pops/clicks so I'm downgrading back to the beta driver. I kept hearing that Focusrite has the worst ASIO drivers but man....this is terrible performance I've largely had with the Scarlett since I got it.
Can you please provide me the link for the beta version ?

vignesh.vijay wrote: When I was composing , I used around 50 midi tracks .. and had the samples purged . I did not have any huge problem .

This sounds to me like the issue may be hard disk.

No_Use wrote:
vignesh.vijay wrote: When I was composing , I used around 50 midi tracks .. and had the samples purged . I did not have any huge problem .

What should I do for that ?

vignesh.vijay wrote:
No_Use wrote:

What should I do for that ?
If it's more than 85% full then free up some space. Drives need room to do their thing.

Defrag - but not if it's a SSD!

Buy a new one.

And since nothing else seems to fix the problem...
That Focusrite interface gets mostly bad reviews - get a different/better one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”