Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

fmr wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:Has anyone heard rumours about Roland putting up a virtual Integra-7? That would be the only instrument really tempting me to subscribe...
A virtual Integra-7? On your dreams, maybe... :lol:
I‘m afraid so, of course in my dreams that Integra-7 comes with a naked lady on top, but I won‘t go into details :hihi:

Strange though, I‘d pay the hardware price for the plugin, just for the extra studio convenience... so just because they don‘t want to harm their hardware business... oh well, it‘s their strategy, noone forces me to buy Roland.

braj wrote: "winning" an extra month of use is not winning anything, it is just extra demo time.
It should count as +2 month (to own a vst).
That's 40$..
----
I don't care much about it, i will never pay for the sub.... i only want to see, if they stand to their word.

---
In 3/4 year they maybe exclude some VST from "get to own".. then you are maybe already knee-deep in...and properly f**ked..if they don't stand to their word.
- WonderEcho -

epiphaneia wrote:
fmr wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:Has anyone heard rumours about Roland putting up a virtual Integra-7? That would be the only instrument really tempting me to subscribe...
A virtual Integra-7? On your dreams, maybe... :lol:
I‘m afraid so, of course in my dreams that Integra-7 comes with a naked lady on top, but I won‘t go into details :hihi:

Strange though, I‘d pay the hardware price for the plugin, just for the extra studio convenience... so just because they don‘t want to harm their hardware business... oh well, it‘s their strategy, noone forces me to buy Roland.
I would be very happy already if they launched a virtual V-Synth (although even that, despite being discontinued, is highly improbable, IMO).

And, no, I don't think anybody would pay the hardware price of Integra-7 for a plug-in (I know I wouldn't).
Fernando (FMR)

The JV-1080 is likely as modern as they will go in plugin form.

beely wrote:The JV-1080 is likely as modern as they will go in plugin form.
Yes, that's what I'm convinced too. That's unfortunate, since I consider all the synths launched after the D-50 as variations (with some relatively smaller additions) of it.

The V-Synth was the first to really add something after the D-50, in terms of synthesis.
Fernando (FMR)

rod_zero wrote:They don't have a clue about the market.
Roland just don't seem to have a clear vision. I suspect they've agreed some exclusivity deal with Virtual Sonics, so their latest plugins can't be sold at this time. The plugins do sounds great, but the GUIs are from another decade, and they're CPU munchers (D-05 aside) — I assume due to difficulty in porting ACB from FPGA.

Perhaps they're just trying to frustrate customers so much they have no option but to return to hardware. Which in my case meant I couldn't resist picking up an SH-01A...which I'll admit I am enjoying :D

db3 wrote:Perhaps they're just trying to frustrate customers so much they have no option but to return to hardware.
:lol:

Interesting business strategy... :D

db3 wrote:and they're CPU munchers (D-05 aside) — I assume due to difficulty in porting ACB from FPGA.
Or simply lack of know-how at the level of u-he, Synapse, TAL, who are all seasoned players in the field, whereas Roland is pretty much a newcomer to the whole native plugin business?

EvilDragon wrote:
db3 wrote:and they're CPU munchers (D-05 aside) — I assume due to difficulty in porting ACB from FPGA.
Or simply lack of know-how at the level of u-he, Synapse, TAL, who are all seasoned players in the field, whereas Roland is pretty much a newcomer to the whole native plugin business?
True, but they must have some pretty skilled engineers though who are used to optimising DSP and getting audio engines working though. I'd guess it might be more a business pressure to get the plugins done and out, so there is not as much time, care and love put into them, and they only go back and spend more time once the users are complaining about it...

beely wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
True, but they must have some pretty skilled engineers though who are used to optimising DSP and getting audio engines working though. I'd guess it might be more a business pressure to get the plugins done and out, so there is not as much time, care and love put into them, and they only go back and spend more time once the users are complaining about it...
Well, users are complaining about the GUIs of Jupiter and Juno since their launch, and they still are not fixed. The same has to be said about their synths. They are almost an year old by now, and no signs of having any code optimization.

Besides, after the launch of D-50 (which, again, was a port of the code they already had since V-Synth, and which is also the base of D-05) nothing new came out in that field. They have been only launching sample packs, which I, personally, couldn't care less.

Though, the "skillfulness" of their engineers in this particular filed is yet to be seen.
Fernando (FMR)

First they come up with all this recycled hardware *nostalgia*

Which btw seems like a friggin' plague atm. Just what we needed; even more 808/909 stuff! And keyboards of the 60s&70s obviously. Until the point of total retardation.

Then they want to *cover* you with their cloud.
The lameness of it all.

I'm not mad on subs at all but at least Roland they will give you a synth if you sub with them for a year. Unlike Slate who don't give you nada.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I can see the attraction of a virtual V-Synth (as another item of hardware I desired in 2003 but couldn't afford!) but the V-Synth is (at least) 15 year old code in a hardware wrapper, I am pretty sure it can and has all been done since (and probably better) in the form of one VST or another (synths like Halion 6, Falcon and Avenger and the 'elastic audio' thing just isn't the new big deal it was)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I ended my Roland Cloud subscription last month + uninstalled everything. But today, after finding some of my old, commercial D50 patches, I decided to subscribe again until the D50 Legacy is mine.

However, after subscribing again, I'm unable to install the Roland Cloud Manager software. All it does is start a file 'lockmyApp1234865.lock', but I don't get an install window. I do see the process running in Task Manager (Windows 10). I even let it run for 30 minutes, but still no install window, I have no idea what it's doing?

Did anyone else have trouble installing the Roland Cloud Manager after uninstalling, stopping the subscription and re-subscribing?

EDIT : All ok now, seems they have a new installer available today!
Last edited by pschelfh on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

Klinke1 wrote: It should count as +2 month (to own a vst).
That's 40$..
But does it?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”