StonEQ 4k by Sonimus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StonEQ 4k - Satson series 1.0

Dizzy. Sorry ... had to close the page as quickly as possible. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:Dizzy. Sorry ... had to close the page as quickly as possible. :)
Did you see the version that I posted towards the bottom of the page? They're revising it to remove the sickness factor. :tu:

Yes. It's still painful to look at.

Are we clear to download ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Are we clear to download ?
The plugin hasn't been updated since it launched, so I would hold off if the current iteration is making you sick. Otherwise, you're able to download it just fine.

Looks great now :)

There's still a weird fuzziness on and around the knobs. Something which obviously doesn't affect everyone.

One of the best GUI designers is Andy at Cytomic, the Glue and the Drop are rendered 3D without perspective (or lens distortion) so they appear 2D with the illusion of depth. The Scream is the odd one out of the bunch but still in refinement. His graphics are beautiful, full of subtle gradients and dither of rendered 3D but without ridiculous forced perspectives that just does not work in a 2D screen/space.

Open multiple instances of designs A, B, C or D, it will all look pathetic, unless you flatten out (or off) the perspective completely. Open 2 different plugins with different perspectives and it gets worse. Devs are criticised all the time for bad GUI design and most of the time its ignored. Voxengo springs to mind, with the right GUI/brand designer - just imagine!

The sToneEQ itself is absolute magic, or black magic. :) I'm simply blown away by how easy it is to use. The results are stunning and I'm hooked. Thank you!

I've just seen the latest 3d render and it makes my post above redundant. :S

Everglide wrote:I've just seen the latest 3d render and it makes my post above redundant. :S
Yes, except it took Sonimus 5 attempts to get there, while Cytomic nailed it first time (I don't own either, just observing).
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
Everglide wrote:I've just seen the latest 3d render and it makes my post above redundant. :S
Yes, except it took Sonimus 5 attempts to get there, while Cytomic nailed it first time (I don't own either, just observing).
No he didn't. The Glue and The Drop underwent numerous UI revisions. And I mean really numerous, with lots of advice from the user base to get him there. 808 a bit less but still was not 'nailed the first time'.

Is it just me and Everglide, or this EQ really sounds stunning? Like, best EQ ever? I've been demoing it intensively in my music player - can't believe what I'm hearing. WTF is going on??? :o
Last edited by sfxsound3 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^yep, it does sound really good! :)

Quick tip:
Not sure about the demo version, being not 'optimized' in terms if CPU, but it takes even less CPU if you turn the saturation knob all the way to minimum. On my current system from 0.3% to 0.1% per instance. :) ..good to know if you run huge projects and you don't really need saturation / or use it from something else

Quick general question about this one.

In your opinion, why would someone want to use an EQ like this one over something like SonEQ Pro (which I own) or a parametric EQ like ReaEQ or TB Equalizer for example? I know it's all a matter of personal preference but I'm just trying to get an idea for the different use cases, like if you prefer to use it one instrument but not the other for example. Any info would be helpful.

^Using eqs like this is different than having something like ReaEq, at least in my experience. I end up actually listening to the sound instead of 'seeing' it.. I see these eqs as 'tone' , rather than surgical eqs and I usually often end up boosting more than cutting with them :D ..so, it's a different workflow? as side-effect

Is it showing any presets for anyone? Just wondering, it give an option to install them and doesn't seem to do that.
@DeathByGuitar: the only reason is the sound, you either like it, or you don't. Thats really all there is to it.

-Cheers

Return to “Effects”