Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

The demo project is crashing on me consistently during playback on OS X 10.13.1. Bummer - that was $160 down the drain.

use windows, it just works.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

5Lives wrote:The demo project is crashing on me consistently during playback on OS X 10.13.1. Bummer - that was $160 down the drain.
Why did you install High Sierra? After all the warnings NOT TO? Now, you will pay the price for your lack of sense.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... ors-Update

"Therefore, we strongly recommend to wait with the update to macOS High Sierra and Windows 10 Fall Creators until the entire compatibility chart for all Steinberg products has been published. This is especially important to customers relying on a trouble-free operation of our products."
Fernando (FMR)

Uh...some of us had High Sierra installed BEFORE 9.5 was even announced. Maybe it is Steinberg's lack of sense that they don't support a major operating system that has been out for months prior to their product launching?

5Lives wrote:Uh...some of us had High Sierra installed BEFORE 9.5 was even announced. Maybe it is Steinberg's lack of sense that they don't support a major operating system that has been out for months prior to their product launching?
Steinberg doesn't have to run every time Apple decides to play with their OS. It's THEIR choice to support it or not. If you value the OS more than the applications you have to run on it, it's your choice, but you have noone to blame except YOU.

Blame Apple for launch a new OS every year, and not take care of retro-compatibility. If you are an Apple user long enough, you should have learned the lesson already. Those who use their computer to do some work certainly did.

And High Sierra isn't out "for months" - it has little more than ONE month.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
5Lives wrote:Uh...some of us had High Sierra installed BEFORE 9.5 was even announced. Maybe it is Steinberg's lack of sense that they don't support a major operating system that has been out for months prior to their product launching?
Steinberg doesn't have to run every time Apple decides to play with their OS. It's THEIR choice to support it or not. If you value the OS more than the applications you have to run on it, it's your choice, but you have noone to blame except YOU.

Blame Apple for launch a new OS every year, and not take care of retro-compatibility. If you are an Apple user long enough, you should have learned the lesson already. Those who use their computer to do some work certainly did.

And High Sierra isn't out "for months" - it has little more than ONE month.
Ok troll.

5Lives wrote:
Ok troll.
You're welcome moron :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
5Lives wrote:The demo project is crashing on me consistently during playback on OS X 10.13.1. Bummer - that was $160 down the drain.
Why did you install High Sierra? After all the warnings NOT TO? Now, you will pay the price for your lack of sense.
I have High Sierra installed, yes, I know better, but I didn't have a choice, thanks Apple. In any case, The demo project runs fine for me, so there may be something else going on.

What good reason is there for a system which supports a DAW you care about operating well moving to High Sierra?

I totally agree, Steinberg doesn't have to run to keep up with that, no one does (well, until they do, market forces or actual reasons...). If it isn't supported, there is no room to make a stink about it not working perfectly, FFS. You having it before 9.5's release has no bearing on it being supported, that's absurd.

SJ_Digriz wrote:use windows, it just works.
does it?

so far had about 4 freezes when using the sampler, can't record audio in 64 bit mode and crashed to desktop a couple of times while switching out effects and vsts.

I'm thinking of being done with Steinberg after this mess , sell my dongle and go after bitwig or whatever.

Pretty sure these are all issues with your setup, not Cubase.

So does Sierra. :shrug: Does 9.5 work with Windows 2K, though. :D
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regarding the new 64-bit double precision audio processing engine that can be optionally enabled;

I read here that it only works with VST3 plugins.

Is that a limit of VST2 or is it like how Steinberg chose to cripple VST2 in Cubase compared to other DAWs, like they did with regards to external sidechain functionality for example? (i.e. SC input in all DAWs other than Cubase work as 'normal', with standard routing, but Cubase only lets you do that with VST3 versions. For VST2 they force you to use a tedious workaround using multiple tracks.)

I think Steinberg are the last of major DAWs to move to a 64bit audio engine, but is this different since it has the VST3 only aspect, (and only certain plugins at that), which i've never heard of being an issue in any other DAW.

:?:

Romantique Tp wrote:Pretty sure these are all issues with your setup, not Cubase.
it's a fresh install today.. still a mess.

it crashed and wouldn't record with only windows 10 64, sound card drivers, cubase and the virus ti drivers installed
Last edited by wickfut on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jancivil wrote:
So does Sierra. :shrug: Does 9.5 work with Windows 2K, though. :D
explaining a joke makes it less funny than it already is :lol:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”