Realitone releases Screaming Trumpet featuring Wayne Bergeron

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Realitone is releasing Screaming Trumpet featuring Wayne Bergeron. Wayne is the lead trumpet player on all sorts of records and scores. I think he did "The Incredibles," for instance. Wayne is the guy when it comes to lead trumpet, and Screaming Trumpet captures his amazing tone.

The library features 8 sustain articulations, 20 start/attack articulations, and 27 release articulations. Our intuitive interface makes accessing these articulations easy, so you can play authentic sounding trumpet melodies and riffs on the fly. Check out this walkthrough video below to hear and see exactly what Screaming Trumpet can do.

Price is $149, but for a limited introductory period, we are off offering Screaming Trumpet (Kontakt) for just $99! Visit us at http://realitone.com/screaming-trumpet/ for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2gJFRVRsNQ
Last edited by Mike Greene on Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-- Oops. Double post --

I was buffaloed for a moment, there. then at the link 'in association with WarpIV Music'. :phew:
a good one. Is this the original rather than ST Pro?

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: VK! :tu: :D :tu:

jancivil wrote:I was buffaloed for a moment, there. then at the link 'in association with WarpIV Music'. :phew:
a good one. Is this the original rather than ST Pro?
It's the ST Pro samples. (The newest version.)

It does not include the mutes, flugelhorn or piccolo trumpet, though. That's why this version is cheaper.

that makes sense.

Nobody here seems to know about WarpIV music. Another great one is Legendary Trombone.

The developer from WarpIV Music stated (on Mike's forum) that his Pro version is geared toward composers who write (versus play) their music. Which is the camp he falls into -- thus the larger set of articulations, samples, etc. Mike's version is geared toward composers who play (versus write) their music. Thus the Realitone version is more limited with articulations, samples, etc., but better suited for performance and the articulations are easily accessed (versus some of the mod wheel articulation complexity with the Pro version). I purchased Mike's version and it sounds great, but don't own the Pro version so can't speak to this difference first-hand.

I think this really nails what Bill Anschell wrote about trumpet players:

"Trumpet players are image-conscious and walk with a swagger. They are often former college linebackers. Trumpet players are very attractive to women, despite the strange indentation on their lips. Many of them sing; misguided critics then compare them to either Louis Armstrong or Chet Baker depending whether they’re black or white. (I.H.: Arrive at the session early, and you may get to witness the special trumpet game. The rules are: play as loud and as high as possible. The winner is the one who plays loudest and highest. Caution: It is loud and high.) If you talk to a trumpet player during a break, he might confess that his favorite player is Maynard Ferguson, the merciless God of loud-high trumpeting."

This is definitely loud-high! How many GB is it, and does it require the full version of Kontakt? The page says "requires the full version of Kontakt" but also says "Kontakt Player included".

Haha, funny and interesting post, DSmolken. Enjoyed it. :tu:

It would be awesome if you could record a mutant trumpet with Ben Neill:

http://www.benneill.com/

emasters wrote:The developer from WarpIV Music stated (on Mike's forum) that his Pro version is geared toward composers who write (versus play) their music. Which is the camp he falls into -- thus the larger set of articulations, samples, etc. Mike's version is geared toward composers who play (versus write) their music. Thus the Realitone version is more limited with articulations, samples, etc., but better suited for performance and the articulations are easily accessed (versus some of the mod wheel articulation complexity with the Pro version). I purchased Mike's version and it sounds great, but don't own the Pro version so can't speak to this difference first-hand.
The meaningfulness of this distinction accords to the creation of a new, better legato of some kind IME. I've used ST Pro many times and the legato was quite useful to all my recollection. The thing about WarpIV's approach is there are a lot of gestures sampled and many of these are not things we're going to be able to create by manipulating MIDI. And jazz is very gestural, to use a simple term.

The complexities of a mod wheel vs accessibility, hmmm. Aftertouch could work. But CC1 values trigger samples of different length swells, it's not rocket science.

But it is true that sample libs that are well-articulated for realism do not tend to perceived as so convenient for live. But again, ST Pro has useful legato so I'm unsure how less = more here. Dr. Steinman is moving yet more in the direction of complexity using MIDI, conditions for more varied release characteristics and so forth.

ARTICULATIONS
With this many variations, almost any riff is playable:
8 Sustain Articulations
14 Swell articulations (including flutter tongue)
20 Start/Attack articulations
26 Release articulations

seems pretty articulate. for $99 if you want screech this'll be a no-brainer IMO. If I didn't have it I'd buy it.

Bergeron is known for doing Maynard Ferguson... actually the aficionado would tend to say 'screech trumpet'.

DSmolken wrote:I think this really nails what Bill Anschell wrote about trumpet players:

"Trumpet players are image-conscious and walk with a swagger. They are often former college linebackers. Trumpet players are very attractive to women, despite the strange indentation on their lips. Many of them sing; misguided critics then compare them to either Louis Armstrong or Chet Baker depending whether they’re black or white. (I.H.: Arrive at the session early, and you may get to witness the special trumpet game. The rules are: play as loud and as high as possible. The winner is the one who plays loudest and highest. Caution: It is loud and high.) If you talk to a trumpet player during a break, he might confess that his favorite player is Maynard Ferguson, the merciless God of loud-high trumpeting."

This is definitely loud-high! How many GB is it, and does it require the full version of Kontakt? The page says "requires the full version of Kontakt" but also says "Kontakt Player included".
I think Bill Anschell has it about right. :D

This Realitone version of Screaming Trumpet is slightly over 1 GB.

Good catch on the KPlayer line. "Kontakt Player Included" is an error. (I'm terrible at web page coding, so I made the Screaming Trumpet page by copying the Fingerpick page and replacing text and links. I forgot to delete the KPlayer line.) This library does indeed need the full version of Kontakt.
Last edited by Mike Greene on Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jancivil wrote:ARTICULATIONS
With this many variations, almost any riff is playable:
8 Sustain Articulations
14 Swell articulations (including flutter tongue)
20 Start/Attack articulations
26 Release articulations

seems pretty articulate. for $99 if you want screech this'll be a no-brainer IMO. If I didn't have it I'd buy it.
For straight trumpet, this version has and does everything the STPro version does. Nothing is missing. (Other than mutes, piccolo trumpet and flugelhorn.)

In fact, in some cases, this version has more samples. I created some new samples for the legato (editing/splicing in ProTools and Melodyne) to make the true legato more dynamic (multiple velocity ranges), and I also extended the ranges of many of the articulations so that everything would be consistent. (Many of the arts in STPro are only an octave and a half or so.)

As far as not buying it because you already have STPro ... send me an email (mike at realitone com) and I'll send you a surprise. ;)

By popular demand (No, really! People asked us for this!) we've updated Screaming Trumpet to include an Expression slider, controllable by any knob/slider/pedal from your MIDI controller. Not just a volume control, the slider matches timbres of various dynamic levels.

Like all Realitone updates, this update is free. Emails will be sent to existing customers. So there!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”