Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

braj wrote:
Klinke1 wrote: It should count as +2 month (to own a vst).
That's 40$..
But does it?
At the minimum, I would say it is worth $100, and at the most $150. That is if they offer updates and other fixes along the way...like any other good developer. If they offered more features later on, they could offer update pricing. I mean...it's a D-50 (in software of course)...not bad for $100-150.

Examigan wrote:
braj wrote:
That's 40$..
But does it?
At the minimum, I would say it is worth $100, and at the most $150. That is if they offer updates and other fixes along the way...like any other good developer. If they offered more features later on, they could offer update pricing. I mean...it's a D-50 (in software of course)...not bad for $100-150.
Wait, what? I was talking about an extra month free service that they gave with entering that contest, which is more like extending the 30 day free demo period by a month. Klinke1 said that it should count as 2 months credit towards their synths, which you get one free after one year of uninterrupted subscribing. I asked "does it?"

So I wouldn't say it is worth $100-150, I'd say it is a marketing ploy worth more to Roland to get you to try their service than it is to the user.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

oops... ok sorry...

I just meant if you bought the plugin without a subscription, then it would be better if it was in that range of pricing. :)

Examigan wrote:oops... ok sorry...

I just meant if you bought the plugin without a subscription, then it would be better if it was in that range of pricing. :)
Yeah, $100-150 would be reasonable. Still I think I would go with TAL versions at $60 and re-sizable GUIs. TAL should make a Jupiter :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
Examigan wrote:oops... ok sorry...

Yeah, $100-150 would be reasonable. Still I think I would go with TAL versions at $60 and re-sizable GUIs. TAL should make a Jupiter :)
A Jupiter emu by TAL or u-he would be cool. I know u-he has various parts of synths in Diva, but a full-fledged emulation would be great.

braj wrote:
That's 40$..
But does it?
That's what i'm talking about: I ain't got any e-mail.. so i don't know.
I did ask if anyone here got the e-mail or is it just me!?
Did you/anyone get an e-mail? (about the 2 free months)

(Get a 2 month subscription..They said.)
Was it BS? Are they trustworthy?
(..Shall i buy more, or even do a subscription...if they did bullshit me?)

----
Roland, i can see your butt sticking out left of the couch, that you are hiding behind..
- WonderEcho -

One more thing:
~1 year ago they promised some-cloud-related-extra-offers for owners of system-8 hardware.
Result: Nothing, nada, niente, zero.
- WonderEcho -

I've learned to trust ZERO "forward-looking statements" from computer industry businesses. Such things are anything from public speculation as "unintended" marketing points to outright lies, defended in legalese later on by their lawyers saying "those were forward-looking statements and not legally binding agreements of sale" when they utterly fail to follow through on said "promises". If a product isn't what you want when you buy it, don't buy it.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I bought into the whole System 1 thing. I was disappointed when they dropped it like a stone and released the System 8. I had already invested in quite a few of its plugout synths as well. Which I think are great synths.

I subbed to the trial for the cloud. But I was disappointed with the range of the instruments. I mean, I have all the system one stuff (which I bought) so it's only really the 3 synths. The Juno is very nice and I like the system 8 but I'm not all that mad on the Jupiter 8 (which I wanted to love). D50 is pretty cool as well.

The other vsts are of no interest to me really... Samples, etc. I've got sample libraries coming out of my ears. Anyway, I'm not going to follow through with the sub. But I do like the way that they will give you a synth for life if you sub for a year. That's at least something...

But I don't like they way you can't just buy a vst outright...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Only recently realized there is such thing as Roland Cloud. Been a fan of their plugout plugins since they've come out and own sh101, sh2, promars and system 100. Easily the best sounding synths, but I love the old Roland sound.

I was test running Arturia V collection 6 and decided to see if there is any news on Rolands own Jupiter 8 emu and to my surprise there is already one in the Cloud. Add Juno and D50 to that and I was pretty excited.

All I can say is wow, these synths sound amazing. To me Jupiter 8 for example is so much better sounding than the Arturia version. Rolands synths sound beefy and solid. The gui's are a bit fiddly (but I dislike Arturias even more) and the CPU hit is pretty high for poly synths, but I'm glad I tried the Roland Cloud.

Now I only wonder if they have coming some kind of old customer offer, as I already own most of the synths I'd use anyway (not very interested in the sampled stuff). They say now that there is a loyalty deal of getting one "free" synth per year of subscription, so this'd mean I'd have to pay three years of subscription to get to own the three synths I want, JP8, Juno 106 and D50. Not sure if that's a good deal money wise and a lot of things can happen in three years. But these sound so great that I think I may bite.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet (couldn't see it in a quick scan of the thread), but Roland are now offering a Pay Yearly option on Roland Cloud.

Pricing is $215.40 / Year (Works out to $17.95 Per Month)

Now I'm waiting for them to actually launch their "Roland Cloud Subscriber Loyalty Rewards Program" (Their "free" instrument with 12 months of paid subscription offer) and I'll probably bite - provided all plugins (D50 etc) are available as options to permanently "own" if you go with the yearly option.

It does still mean you'll really have to want a plugin to pay $200+ for it, but getting all the other plugins to use for one year, alongside, might make that easier to accept for some, especially if they continue adding to their library of plugins.

I will wait a year to see where it goes, I own a System 8 and I want to have all the plugouts, it is the system of my dreams: use the same engine ITB or OTB, port sounds between HW and SW, perfectly mapped plugins to a controller with excellent UI designed for them.

Roland is wasting the S8/plugout technology big time, it could be huge but hey lack vision.

I wish a more competent company released something similar, as NI.
dedication to flying

I just wish they'd announce the whole package and not sit on it forever, now they're kind of rolling it out bit by bit.

I'm still on the 30 day demo period for a few weeks, but don't feel very comfortable subscribing before they announce the complete service including the previous customer loyalty deal (if there ever will be one) as I already own most of the plugins. I just want Jupiter 8 and Juno 106, D50 is a nice bonus tho.

The plugins don't feel 100% finished either. There is a huge lag when opening a plugin (or view/hide) in Studio One and AU. It isn't so with the plugins I've purchased from Roland so it's only with the Cloud ones. It doesn't lag with VST either. Arpeggiator doesn't work properly and I don't understand why they still haven't added possibility for linear knob control, but stick with ancient circular. The plugins don't remember zoom either, so you always need to change that for new instances, 100% view is very very small.

The plugins sound amazing tho.

So it looks like the JV-1080 VST is about to be released guys! To my surprise, the Roland Cloud Manager was downloading files for it.
Last edited by sinemotor on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nice! Pic FTW!

Return to “Instruments”