T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

braj wrote:Oh well, it looks like IK has posted their Black Friday discounts and that doesn't include T-Racks. I guess I will hold off and give some other vendors my money this year.
T-RackS 5 is less than a month old and had pre-order pricing so the likelihood of it being in a promotion this soon was very slim.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:Oh well, it looks like IK has posted their Black Friday discounts and that doesn't include T-Racks. I guess I will hold off and give some other vendors my money this year.
T-RackS 5 is less than a month old and had pre-order pricing so the likelihood of it being in a promotion this soon was very slim.
Yeah, I just missed out on the pre-order somehow. Oh well. I'll live without it then.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

After a few days I got an answer from support in case of my missing signature presets:

"They are not going to show up unless you have the gear to make them function.

Nick Davis Presets -
British Channel
EQP-1A
Black 76
EQ 73
CSR Room
VC-670
Tape Echo
CSR Hall
Bus Comp
Master EQ 432
De-Esser"

So why are they in my account as "free" when I only have the basic version of T-Racks 5 ?

I felt messed around with that kind of bullshit. Giving something away as "gift" that only work if you spent another hundreds of euro to get it work :x :nutter:

And took hours to get that info (I know now why it has NOT been posted in here.....)

tatanka wrote:After a few days I got an answer from support in case of my missing signature presets:

"They are not going to show up unless you have the gear to make them function.

Nick Davis Presets -
British Channel
EQP-1A
Black 76
EQ 73
CSR Room
VC-670
Tape Echo
CSR Hall
Bus Comp
Master EQ 432
De-Esser"

So why are they in my account as "free" when I only have the basic version of T-Racks 5 ?

I felt messed around with that kind of bullshit. Giving something away as "gift" that only work if you spent another hundreds of euro to get it work :x :nutter:

And took hours to get that info (I know now why it has NOT been posted in here.....)
We let the engineers use T-RackS as they would, using what gear they needed to achieve the results they wanted instead of limiting to the modules in the base version. You can demo any of the gear that is required for those presets in order to see if you would like to have that gear to achieve results that work for you. I'm sorry to hear that this frustrated you, I'll let the team know that it could be more clear. Thank you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Tom Lord-Alge did another video, this time about vocal mixing. Also, there are custom presets from Tom available in your IK User Area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgA0eOs7Rm0
Awesome indeed.

Is there a key command to navigate between the modules in the main view without clicking on the module in the actual chain itself??

I couldn’t find one. I would think that Tab/Shift+Tab or the arrow keys might have done this. It would keep the mouse roughly where it needs to be allowing the user to flick backwards and forwards through the chain more fluently, enabling them to work faster.

CRAP CRAP CRAP. I just bought 300 gear credits because I thought the upgrade/crossgrade cost $299/300 credits, then when I went to buy it, it doesn't take, guess what, gear credits. Grrr. This is why I have grown to hate the Custom Shop crap. I won't get Deluxe because it is essentially what I already own, now I'm stuck with 300 gear credits and no way to spend them on an upgrade. Can I get a refund?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Some of this can be blamed on the fact I have freaking brain damage and am disabled, and don't always see details, but part of it is definitely that I assumed gear credits were the currency used in the Custom Shop to buy things with. I have sent a request to support for a refund.

Edit: And never mind, I'll just live with it. But it still sucks. I am not a fan of how IK Multimedia markets their stuff AT ALL.

braj wrote:CRAP CRAP CRAP. I just bought 300 gear credits because I thought the upgrade/crossgrade cost $299/300 credits, then when I went to buy it, it doesn't take, guess what, gear credits. Grrr. This is why I have grown to hate the Custom Shop crap. I won't get Deluxe because it is essentially what I already own, now I'm stuck with 300 gear credits and no way to spend them on an upgrade. Can I get a refund?
I think Gear Credits, while fundamentally a good idea, ends up catching many users out because of the “fine print”, essentially turning a good idea into a BAD one.

I think IK should revisit that purchase model and either make it a general credit thing, or do something to make it super transparent. Like calling it “Expanansion Credit” instead, or something else to that effect.

simon.a.billington wrote:
braj wrote:CRAP CRAP CRAP. I just bought 300 gear credits because I thought the upgrade/crossgrade cost $299/300 credits, then when I went to buy it, it doesn't take, guess what, gear credits. Grrr. This is why I have grown to hate the Custom Shop crap. I won't get Deluxe because it is essentially what I already own, now I'm stuck with 300 gear credits and no way to spend them on an upgrade. Can I get a refund?
I think Gear Credits, while fundamentally a good idea, ends up catching many users out because of the “fine print”, essentially turning a good idea into a BAD one.

I think IK should revisit that purchase model and either make it a general credit thing, or do something to make it super transparent. Like calling it “Expanansion Credit” instead, or something else to that effect.
Yeah, it is a way for them to get you to spend more than you mean to spend too. I had 46 gear credits and to get 4 more credits to buy something, I would have had to spend $25 more. Couple that with jam points and the online store, and it just ends up making people like me confused, angry, feel cheated, feel I have to jump through a bunch of hoops or wait for the stars to align to get a decent deal. It is, in a word, convoluted.

I sent another email to support telling them that's OK, I don't need a refund, I'll take responsibility for not seeing the exception for the MAX upgrade, even though I fully feel it is misleading, but if they want to do the right thing, then upgrade me to MAX. But anyway, Merry Christmas to me from my wife, who really is the one spending the money on this. By myself I would be homeless, brain damage f*ing sucks and stuff like this doesn't help make me feel whole and together. Thanks IK, you made me feel like an idiot.

One question though about Deluxe: is the full metering not part of the Suite plugin? It seems it has to be loaded as a separate effect.

I do wish the resizing also worked to make things smaller, BTW. I actually don't need anything any bigger, I guess when I upgrade my monitor eventually. But on a laptop this may be way too big.

On a positive note though, I love the plugins, and am happy I upgraded. And acknowledge that a big part of the problems I'm having purchasing is my own fault. I bought Mic Room too, I can be on a Mexican Radio in a moment, that's something.

braj wrote:I do wish the resizing also worked to make things smaller, BTW. I actually don't need anything any bigger, I guess when I upgrade my monitor eventually. But on a laptop this may be way too big.
Yeah, I would ultimately like to see it a small a global thing adopted by every dev.

braj wrote:On a positive note though, I love the plugins, and am happy I upgraded. And acknowledge that a big part of the problems I'm having purchasing is my own fault. I bought Mic Room too, I can be on a Mexican Radio in a moment, that's something.
I’m fortunate enough that have upgraded to T-Racks 5 recently. I’ve had a little poke around, although I haven’t had a moment to use it yet.

Hopefully next week.

Well, on a even more positive note, because I had the points I bought that I couldn't spend on T-racks Max, I bought the Syntronik crossgrade instead. So it is all working itself out, I also got the Mic Room so I basically have all that I really wanted and more. I could have use Saturation X in my T-racks, but I will try and get that on sale or discounted. I'm good. Sorry for the drama.

I’ve been resisting Syntronic, but it’s getting harder to ignore.

First I liked the idea of retro synths a year or two back. Then I came to realise it’s not that important, I’m a very progressive kind of guy, so I like to keep moving forward with the tech, synths in particular. Now I’m starting to hear it’s reamurgence in new music and soundtracks and I’m beginning to dig it.

So I don’t know. I’m really short on funds, so this Black Friday is going to be an extremely boring one for me.

Return to “Effects”