Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Carpenter
KVRist

103 posts since 19 Jun, 2011

Postby Carpenter; Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:40 pm Why Are All Of My Files Constantly Missing In Studio One?

I am trying to transfer over S1 projects from one computer to a new computer, but all of my samples/sounds are missing when I open any projects on the new computer. I did what I thought I was supposed to do to avoid this problem by going to the "pool" section and selecting "copy external files" before saving the project on the old computer. But still, when I open up that project on the new computer, ALL of my files are missing? What am I doing wrong? How do I save an S1 project in a way that copies and stores ALL samples/sounds/files as an integral part of that S1 project?
Russell Grand
KVRian

641 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:10 pm Re: Why Are All Of My Files Constantly Missing In Studio One?

Sorry I can't help you, but I'm posting here to give your thread a bump in case there's someone who can.
shyko76
KVRer

16 posts since 26 May, 2013, from Germany

Postby shyko76; Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:04 am Re: Why Are All Of My Files Constantly Missing In Studio One?

No idea, what's wrong, but you can simply relocate missing files like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hZaQHSqb54

:tu:
ozmuso67
KVRist

66 posts since 26 Aug, 2014, from Australia

Postby ozmuso67; Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:21 am Re: Why Are All Of My Files Constantly Missing In Studio One?

Hi,

the first thing you should do is make sure "Ask to copy external files when saving Song" is checked in Studio One. You will find this in "Options" >> "Locations" >> "User data" tab in Studio One settings.

This way, all files / audio etc that you drag into a song in Studio One will give you a prompt when you save your Song. You should choose to copy external files at that point when saving. That way all your audio gets saved in the Studio One song documents folder.

And then you don't need to do anything else to move songs to a new computer except to copy the entire top-level folder to the equivalent folder on your new system.

Studio One sets itself up (at least on windows machines) in "My Documents" or "Documents" folder as "Studio One" (folder). Under that folder are a bunch of other folders, for S1 installer media (instruments, soundsets etc), presets. The key folder here is "Songs".

This "Songs" folder will have sub-folders in it that correspond to each of your songs. These folders can (and should) be moved in their entirety. Inside them are the actual .song file for the song in studio one, as well as "Media" and "Bounces" folders.

I sometimes move songs between machines. All I have to do is cut or copy the entire top-level folder within the S1 "Songs" folder to the same location (i.e. Documents\Studio One\Songs) on my new machine.

That's all there is to it. Pretty straightforward once you know.
LawrenceF
KVRAF

5900 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm Re: Why Are All Of My Files Constantly Missing In Studio One?

but all of my samples/sounds are missing

Did you also install all of the soundsets you were using on the other system? If not, that might be why. Songs "reference" those things, they're not literally in the pool as individual files although they show up there.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)