Question for legit Omnisphere 2 owners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask all the legit Omnisphere 2 owners what is the exact size Omnisphere 2 occupies in your disk after it´s installed and updated and how many soundsources it shows after you do the "diagnostics"?

For the past 2-3 weeks i have been talking to Spectrasonics support because i bought a boxed version with a usb pen and after installing(for the 3rd time now), updating and checking if i have the latest version of everything(i do) my Omnisphere 2 occupies 55.5gb but it only has 4770 soundsources despite on the spectrasonics website saying it has 4879. I have lots of patches(only the Atmosphere ones) that have white noise when playing certain notes only but that´s a whole other topic...

I have followed every instruction they sent me, did not move any file, folder etc

I thought the boxed version came with the main library and then the updates would update(no pun intended) the rest of the library.

Even better, if you own Omnisphere 2 and you could run the diagnostics and tell me everything that appears (number of factory soundsources;total size of factory soundsources DBs;number of factory patches;total size of factory patches DBs) i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance :)
Last edited by Igor Sena on Wed May 23, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Igor,

I own Omnisphere 2, although I got Omnisphere 2 as an upgrade from Omnisphere 1, so my data might not be relevant to you, as it might have data and soundsources/patches from Omni 1 that 2 doesn't have.

The boxed version you got should be complete, but of course when you check for updates, sometimes the soundsources and patches have updates.

55.5GB sounds about right, although don't quote me on that.

What you can always do if you really want to be sure, is buy an additional download for Omnisphere 2, for $10. That way, you can then uninstall Omnisphere 2, then reinstall it from the newly downloaded media copy. Then check the size and number of soundsources.

Your install is fine. The patches that play white noise, check the sound sources to make sure they are all there. Easy to do by soloing each one. As to whether or not you have some other bug, that's a whole different story. But 55 gig is fine.

61,3 gigs.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

I just bought a boxed version and did a fresh install in mac.

Soundsources: 59.5 GB
wavetables: 1.3 GB
https://bluetechaudio.com
Authorized Dealer of major brand plugins

ozmuso67 wrote:Hi Igor,

I own Omnisphere 2, although I got Omnisphere 2 as an upgrade from Omnisphere 1, so my data might not be relevant to you, as it might have data and soundsources/patches from Omni 1 that 2 doesn't have.

The boxed version you got should be complete, but of course when you check for updates, sometimes the soundsources and patches have updates.

55.5GB sounds about right, although don't quote me on that.

What you can always do if you really want to be sure, is buy an additional download for Omnisphere 2, for $10. That way, you can then uninstall Omnisphere 2, then reinstall it from the newly downloaded media copy. Then check the size and number of soundsources.
Hey there :)

Sorry for the late answer.

I endes up contacting Spectrasonics and turns out the problem is with my box indees. I dont know if it has corrupted data or if its an old box.
They sent new download and it fixed it: no more white noises or missing soundsources.

Thanks alot for checking it out for me :)

That's good Igor. Glad you got it sorted out in the end!

Cheers for letting us know.
Justin

cjban wrote:I just bought a boxed version and did a fresh install in mac.

I endes up contacting Spectrasonics and turns out the problem is with my box indees. I dont know if it has corrupted data or if its an old box.
They sent new download and it fixed it: no more white noises or missing soundsources.

Igor Sena wrote:

I ended up contacting Spectrasonics and turns out the problem is with my box indeed. I dont know if it has corrupted data or if its an old box.

Igor Sena wrote:

I ended up contacting Spectrasonics and turns out the problem is with my box indeed. I dont know if it has corrupted data or if its an old box.

wagtunes wrote:Your install is fine. The patches that play white noise, check the sound sources to make sure they are all there. Easy to do by soloing each one. As to whether or not you have some other bug, that's a whole different story. But 55 gig is fine.

I got it solved now with a new download and installation instead of installing from my boxed version's pen drive.

My box probably had corrupted data or something so things were always messed up.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated :tu:

PietW. wrote:61,3 gigs.

I got it solved now with a new download and installation instead of installing from my boxed version's pen drive.

My box probably had corrupted data or something so things were always messed up.

Thanks for checking it out for me. Much appreciated :tu:

ozmuso67 wrote:That's good Igor. Glad you got it sorted out in the end!

Cheers for letting us know.
Justin
Hey, Justin!

Much appreciated! Have a greay day! :tu:

Return to “Instruments”