Good vst effect for creating new sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

can you recommend a vst effect (it has to be an effect!) that is able to transform the incoming sound to something completely different, without sounding like lofied or clipped/distorted?
What I'm trying to do is to make new sounds from short sound effects. But everything I tried so far doesnt sound like something new but more like mangled.

iZotope VocalSynth will do that.

garryknight wrote:iZotope VocalSynth will do that.
Thank you!
Will check it out

NI Molekular has a nice range of effects that are able to do what you ask for e.g. not just do stutter/glitch/retrigger kind of things.

Permut8 with some of the alternative firmwares is another great contender, though it might be ending up to "mangled" as well. I'm still demoing it myself, but would also like to get a better idea of the alternative firmwares before pulling the trigger. It's a download for registered users only, so maybe someone can chime in and share some insights on those. ;)

Not limiting yourself to only effects, Iris 2 (on sale until January 2018) and NI Form are 2 very powerful options to twist sounds.

Not cheap, but with the GRM tools bundle you can do some nice transformations...

Tritik Moodal will turn anything into physical modelling or totally out-there territory.

Thank you so much for your help guys! :-)

Beatskillz - ThatThing
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Take a look at what Unfiltered Audio is doing over at Plugin Alliance.

Effects basically just process the existing waveform in various ways, and at some point the waveform becomes just distorted before turning into something completely else. You could check out granular, resonation and resynthesis as methods that can go further, here are some options (note that many of them are actually synths):

Native Instruments Prism and Form, and many granular sampler Reaktor ensembles
Madrona Labs Virta
Image-Line Harmor
Melda Productions MGranularMB

Kaleidoscope by 2Caudio, Zinaptic Morph.
dedication to flying

SpecOps from Unfiltered Audio. BigSeq2 from AudioDamage. MTransformer from Melda Production too.

SmartCat wrote:Hi guys,

can you recommend a vst effect (it has to be an effect!) that is able to transform the incoming sound to something completely different, without sounding like lofied or clipped/distorted?
What I'm trying to do is to make new sounds from short sound effects. But everything I tried so far doesnt sound like something new but more like mangled.
What DAW are you using? May well be something there that you could use in combination to come up with some fairly interesting sounds (eg. combination of physical modeling, Beat Repeat, Resonators and delays in Ableton).

WOW2, Dent and Kombinat Tri are worth checking out also ...

The MTransformer looks more interesting to me.

I feel none of these VST effects really fit the OP request.
Please clarify "make new sounds from short sound effects."

SpecOps from Unfiltered Audio.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... ecops.html

BigSeq2 AudioDamage
https://www.audiodamage.com/products/ad022-bigseq-2

MTransformer from Melda Production
https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTransformer
on sale for $42

Return to “Effects”