Audiority Echoes T7E mkII updated to v2.2.2 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Echoes T7E mkII

Audiority wrote:You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca
Yes, exactly!
To me it definitely has some rhytmic/sound design potential.
Let’s cross fingers and hope some others feel it too :phones:

Thanks guys :) Yes, some parts are hard to find and there are very few skilled technicians around the world that can repair those machines. There's another nice (although similar) echo unit I'm thinking to simulate, because it's pretty much impossible to find their spare parts.. so once all the original parts stops working, we'll lost this machine forever.
firepile wrote:Nice, but no high DPI support? The GUI is very small on a 4K screen.
Hi firepile, are you on Mac or PC?

Cheers,
Luca

Audiority wrote:You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca
Yeah, would be great to have this respond to midi or automation...

As ever, you have a light touch with your plugins. They're never impenetrable, daunting prospects - instead, they perform a musical function, and do so with aplomb.

nordickvr wrote:

Cheers,
Luca
Yes, exactly!
To me it definitely has some rhytmic/sound design potential.
Let’s cross fingers and hope some others feel it too :phones:
All "additional effects" are cool. I wonder how does it sound in the real unit, if you slow down/stop the magnetic drum with the hand - what kind of effects can you generate in that way? Or is this possible just with the virtual machine? Manipulating tape machines by hand was one of the first effects in studios, but I wonder if Binson was too delegate for such a thing, in the real life.
Anyway, a huge library of presets, including this, is wellcome... :arrow:

Honestly I got that idea after watching some old Pink Floyd studio sessions. I remember there's a scene where Gilmour is playing with the Echorec, slowing down the magnetic drum while playing.

@Eanna: thank you SO much for your kind words!

I know it's mono for authenticity reasons but an optional stereo mode / width knob would be neat!

It would also be cool if you could push the noise a bit louder for serious rhythm & sound territory :party:

dark water wrote:Very cool indeed, though I suspect hard to find replacement parts if needed?

Luca's excellent software effort will easily satisfy my echo longings, and for about 1/60th of the price.
The plugin is nice but the hardware sounds much nicer. Despite all the attitude the unit has, it sounds smooth and elegant. The plugin sounds to grainy and the attack phase of the echo taps is to fast. If I remember correctly, the ERS Echorek sounds more accurate however it has fixed delay times (wtf) and ERS sucks as company (no support, slow updates if at all)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du4xm2IG53I

I probably pick up Echoes T7E but after my initial excitement that this unit was modeled I feel a little underwhelmed.

Hi firepile, are you on Mac or PC?
Windows 10.

ridiculously good

Dip200 wrote:The plugin is nice but the hardware sounds much nicer. Despite all the attitude the unit has, it sounds smooth and elegant. The plugin sounds to grainy and the attack phase of the echo taps is to fast. If I remember correctly, the ERS Echorek sounds more accurate however it has fixed delay times (wtf) and ERS sucks as company (no support, slow updates if at all)
Yes, the hardware is nicer and that's because of the great amount of ECC83 tubes inside of it :) It's very creamy and somewhat silky.

Here's a quick comparison between my real Echorec 2 and the plugin: https://soundcloud.com/audiority/er2-vs ... 7e/s-K7UcN

They are not level matched and sorry for the noise!

Having fixed delay times is correct. The original unit has 4 equally spaced heads, so you cannot change the delay times unless you don't move the heads or change the magnetic drum speed.

Honestly, timbre wise, I could have get better results using linear convolution.. but, honestly, my desire was to learn analog modeling and as my first attempt I'm pretty satisfied :) I hope to get better at it very soon, so I can improve my existing products and make better ones!

Thank you all so much again, guys. Your love and support is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Luca

Thanks for that comparison Luca (and I've just bought the plugin a few minutes ago from your website).

To be fair, you always provide updates on your software when you make improvements (I have bought Polaris too), and so I have no doubt that you'll update T7E as you progress with this.

Also, I have an actual Roland 201 Space Echo which I like using in my studio, but when using my laptop or going abroad (or even just when I'm being lazy in the studio!) I use AudioThing's brilliant Outer Space instead.
Ditto for my amazing Avalon Bassline hardware synth and AudioRealism's excellent ABL3 software.

Yes, those of us lucky to have hardware units can cherish them.
But frankly, for 1/60th of the price and a LOT fewer hassles with maintenance etc, I'd rather have your T7E than the Binson hardware.
(Also, there's no way I'm going to lay down £2,500 on another echo box as I have the Roland Space Echo already, and frankly I think the market prices are now stupid).

You've done a very good job with this recreation already, basing it on the hardware that you own, and this will become even more true with future updates.
Cheers.

That was a surprisingly honest answer, refreshing actually, stinky companies like Waves would never say something like that. As I said. I like your plugin, maybe it's even going to be my favourite native one. It's alive, organic, rich and nice to configure, it is in some sense a rich sounding instrument. So when I critisize the plugin I do so on a high level, like, dunno, criticising Juventus Turin and not a club from the 5th league.

However, at the end all that matters is the sound and in the case of an emulation authenticity. And if you could have done it better, less grainy and smoother with other methods you should have gone that route, atleast for public releases. I simply remember the ERS one as smoother. And youtube videos without lofi worldwar voices or claps of drum machines tell me clearly that's the sound of the echorec, a unit I have been waiting for to be modeled for quite some time for that beahviour.

And yes I know that the hardware has fixed delay times but do you know that there was / is a mod that allows to change the motor speed ? So, I critisized ERS for not providing different speeds because it's a digital plugin and at some point authenticity has to end! And that's where you did a great job, not just by providing different delay times but allowing to configure each head seperately. Also, the GUI is great both in aesthetics and handling.

Great job! Lovely sounding delay. I don’t have the original, but using some of the hidden settings I can get it quite clean (not that I’d want to :-))

Wow, looks and sounds pretty sweet.
Also i really appreciate the fact you did the demovideo with a speech, not with music. I think one can hear much better what the thing actually does.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

I had bought Grainspace at one point and Luca allowed me to return it as it didn't fit my skill set used with guitar. Later I bought Polaris and Xenoverb. So I tried out the 7 and ended up buying Deleight. So heck if on guitar was less grainy and smoother I would be in on it. On some cleans it works well but any distortion and it's off to next delay. But highly interesting plugin.

Return to “Effects”