It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quite surprised at myself so far. For once my GAS seems to be under control with none of the announcements so far really floating my boat. Maybe I'll come out the other side none the poorer for once...but I guess they still have time.

check out he Black Friday thread at Anandtech
https://forums.anandtech.com/forums/bla ... y-2017.78/

Slickdeals Black Friday
https://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/

I thought that Gearslutz had a BF thread. I could not locate it.
https://gearplugz.deals/

I suppose KVR will shortly have a BF thread. I hope.

I want a lightweight keyboard with a good piano sound so I can go busking. I am thinking about a Yamaha Piaggero, but I haven't decided.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

Kalamata Kid wrote:check out he Black Friday thread at Anandtech
https://forums.anandtech.com/forums/bla ... y-2017.78/

Slickdeals Black Friday
https://slickdeals.net/blackfriday/

I thought that Gearslutz had a BF thread. I could not locate it.
https://gearplugz.deals/

I suppose KVR will shortly have a BF thread. I hope.
Last years ASK AUDIO set up a list as well...

Project SAM´s Symphobia 2 or Symphobia 2+3 bundle
Fluffy Audio´s Dominus Choir (probably too new to go on sale)
Sonuscore´s The Orchestra (if cheap enough, don´t really need it)
Big Fish Audio´s Son of Grindhouse (2-for-1 at BFA?)
Realitone´s Realivox Blue
AudioRealism´s Bass Line 3 (if more than the usual 30% off)

:phones:

Well. Just scored a Lifeforms Double Helix complex oscillator for about 45% off and it wasn't even a Black Friday sale. I think I'm all set now. :D

foosnark wrote:Well. Just scored a Lifeforms Double Helix complex oscillator for about 45% off and it wasn't even a Black Friday sale. I think I'm all set now. :D
Is that for your modular system?

In the meantime, I just ordered K11U. The email I received leads me to believe that this is a manual process as it says it can take up to 2 days to process. Just wanted to let you guys know just in case anybody else pulls the trigger on this sale. Links do not come immediately.

wagtunes wrote:In the meantime, I just ordered K11U. The email I received leads me to believe that this is a manual process as it says it can take up to 2 days to process. Just wanted to let you guys know just in case anybody else pulls the trigger on this sale. Links do not come immediately.
That happened to me when I bought Komplete during there summer sale. It took 5 days for it to show up in my account.

chili beans wrote:
wagtunes wrote:In the meantime, I just ordered K11U. The email I received leads me to believe that this is a manual process as it says it can take up to 2 days to process. Just wanted to let you guys know just in case anybody else pulls the trigger on this sale. Links do not come immediately.
That happened to me when I bought Komplete during there summer sale. It took 5 days for it to show up in my account.
Sorry to hear that. But fortunately, they were pretty quick this time. Email received and downloading.

Over the Internet, even with a high speed connection, this is going to take a LOOOOONNNNG time. Downloading just one at a time to see how long and Abbey Road 50s drummer took about 20 minutes and I've got 60 products to download and install. So I could be looking at somewhere between 20 and 30 hours. Will definitely be going this over a period of days. Don't really want to spend all my time downloading and installing stuff. I'm hoping to have it all done by Thanksgiving. I'll be cool with that. Especially since I'm not going to be doing much this week anyway.

wagtunes wrote:Over the Internet, even with a high speed connection, this is going to take a LOOOOONNNNG time. Downloading just one at a time to see how long and Abbey Road 50s drummer took about 20 minutes and I've got 60 products to download and install. So I could be looking at somewhere between 20 and 30 hours. Will definitely be going this over a period of days. Don't really want to spend all my time downloading and installing stuff. I'm hoping to have it all done by Thanksgiving. I'll be cool with that. Especially since I'm not going to be doing much this week anyway.
Took me about 4 days of continuous downloading to just download Komplete (admittedly my internet connection is pretty shite).

Glad I did though :phones:

wagtunes wrote:Is that for your modular system?
Yup. Image

It's a different take from other Buchla 259 imitators. Clever design on the dual modulation bus. The VCOs are saw core with exponential FM only and no sync, which is unusual (typically these things use triangle core and let you select between linear or exponential FM). They added an LFO and an LPG, but then left out some basic things like being able to set the pulse width independently of modulation (without additional modules anyway). I wouldn't want this as my only oscillator module, but it should be a nice contrast to the digital VCOs I have.
wagtunes wrote:Over the Internet, even with a high speed connection, this is going to take a LOOOOONNNNG time. Downloading just one at a time to see how long and Abbey Road 50s drummer took about 20 minutes and I've got 60 products to download and install. So I could be looking at somewhere between 20 and 30 hours.
:o

Given my ISP's unreliability, it'd probably be more like 50 hours after all the interruptions and repeated download attempts. When I bought K11 last year I got the hard drive installer option -- and it still had to get several content updates from the internet anyway. Still better than dealing with a large stack of DVD-ROMs though.

foosnark wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Is that for your modular system?
Yup. Image

It's a different take from other Buchla 259 imitators. Clever design on the dual modulation bus. The VCOs are saw core with exponential FM only and no sync, which is unusual (typically these things use triangle core and let you select between linear or exponential FM). They added an LFO and an LPG, but then left out some basic things like being able to set the pulse width independently of modulation (without additional modules anyway). I wouldn't want this as my only oscillator module, but it should be a nice contrast to the digital VCOs I have.
wagtunes wrote:Over the Internet, even with a high speed connection, this is going to take a LOOOOONNNNG time. Downloading just one at a time to see how long and Abbey Road 50s drummer took about 20 minutes and I've got 60 products to download and install. So I could be looking at somewhere between 20 and 30 hours.
:o

Given my ISP's unreliability, it'd probably be more like 50 hours after all the interruptions and repeated download attempts. When I bought K11 last year I got the hard drive installer option -- and it still had to get several content updates from the internet anyway. Still better than dealing with a large stack of DVD-ROMs though.
That is what kick ass oscillator. Have fun with it.

When I bought K9 in the box it took about 6 to 8 hours to install the whole thing. Like I said, not in any hurry.

Thought first it was a mistake and wrote them an email cause I could not believe it, but no, they really meant it :o

So I already ordered:

http://keep-forest.com/index.php

Thats really about 30-40 % (I have not looked for details cause I planned to order it for the intro price) UNDER the actual intro price for the brand new Viking series and kind of lot more then 50 % of for the "old" stuff evolution dragon/evolution atlantica.

I must admit that the Viking series still seems to have some bugs but they updated their evolution series so I am sure they will fix the bugs and bring some updates for the Vikings series too.

I really got MY black friday deal tonight with the Vikings cinematic metall expansion, already dowloading :hyper:

Right now I'm mainly looking at Iris 2. Hoping something comes up for Embertone as I just heard their string demos and was thoroughly impressed. Could grab some drum packs as well.
I need some new monitors and headphones, so I don't want to go overboard on software this fall. Besides I already picked up Komplete 11 Ultimate and the Orange Tree guitar bundle this year. That's a lot for me already. lol.

Return to “Instruments”