Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
murnau
KVRAF

5349 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from right behind you

Postby murnau; Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

dark water wrote:It's hard to beat the 99% off deals from Crysonic:

http://crysonic.com/

I mean, what's the worst that could happen...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3949 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:48 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Vortifex wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:This thread is just going to be another dumb list of everybody's favorites. I already see things that I wouldn't even come close to classifying as "insane value for the money." You really have to be able to quantify value here and I think that's largely in the eye of the beholder.

It wouldn't be complete without you posting to say it's another one of those threads, Ghettosynth :)

Actually, that was my first impression too, upon seeing the first few posts before Ghettosynth's comment.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3949 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Zombie Queen wrote:
ATS wrote:Komplete

Yes, it can be hard to kompete with in this area.

Which version? Komplete, Kompleter, More Komplete, Kompleterer Extra Pro Ultra...?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10209 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:02 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Zombie Queen wrote:
ATS wrote:Komplete

Yes, it can be hard to kompete with in this area.

Which version? Komplete, Kompleter, More Komplete, Kompleterer Extra Pro Ultra...?

I think that it's really hard to compete with the value of the standard version of Komplete when it's on half price sale. There are 45 products including the industry standard sampler and Reaktor, both of which have huge external support, much of it free or very low cost.

That's roughly $7 per product with a simple calculation. It represents over $5000 in retail value and is roughly a 90% discount at full price, hence almost a 95% discount when it's on sale. So rounding up a bit, it's like paying $15 for Reaktor, $30 for Kontakt, plugins and involved libraries for $5, and getting all of the addons and doodads for the price of a soda-pop. Komplete Ultimate has a higher average per price number but the average retail price of the included products is higher because there are more expensive sample libraries. So you still end up with roughly the same scaled per product price.

You read all of the details here in this spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=6

At the current sale price of $75 I think that the AIR bundle is similar in terms of per product price. While the flavors skew differently, I probably use the AIR synths more than I use the Komplete native synths (Absynth/Massive et al.)
highkoo
KVRAF

3686 posts since 25 Jun, 2004

Postby highkoo; Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:30 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Gosh, itd be insane NOT to buy that!
ImageImage Image
sjm
KVRian

1042 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Postby sjm; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 am Re: Insane value for money -software

My serious vote on this topic goes not to Komplete - which I own - but to the Plug & Mix VIP Bundle.

I got the bundle on sale (as I did Komplete), and it worked out as something stupid like a few bucks/euros per plugin. Of course a $2 plugin that sounds like shite is still a waste of money, but that's not the case here.

Originally I was looking for some quick&easy guitar FX, similar to my hardware pedals, i.e. chorus, flanger, phaser et al. I demoed the plugins and figured I liked the sound of most of them, so bought the entire bundle.

Since then, there isn't a project I've made without at least one of these plugins. And I'm using almost all the plugins, not just the ones that I was initially interested in. There's very little in the way of fluff, though you obviously get a lot more bang for your buck if you are a guitarist. The plugins are all very simple one trick ponies, but that's what makes them so streamlined and productive. They really are "Plug&Mix": there's no faffing around. You just decide you need an effect, load it up turn 3 knobs and forget.

The plugins have largely replaced Guitar Rig for me simply because of their ease of use and how similar it feels to using analog pedals. Guitar Rig takes forever to load, finding the right component isn't immediate and I personally find can be a real creativity killer. GR is great if you want to spend 20 minutes getting the perfect tone, but not so good when you want to RECORD RIGHT NOW.

And that's why the bundle gets my vote for insane value: it's made me so much more productive because of how easy it is to dial in the sound you want in 5-30 seconds most of the time. Loading time is practically zero, and you can have many, many instances of the plugins.
jancivil
KVRAF

13258 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Replika XT by Native Instruments
Distorted Horizon
KVRist

394 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Postby Distorted Horizon; Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:08 am Re: Insane value for money -software

There's been lots of nice stuff that I've even forgot that existed. Keep'em coming :tu:
Flowers.. Flowers everywhere..
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9071 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 am Re: Insane value for money -software

I agree but value is in the mind of the customer. Many find using software awkward and think it’s a total rip off. I don’t get that at all, but there you have it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6690 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

Repro-1 if you get it now, because the price will go up.
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
Boone777
KVRian

537 posts since 8 Aug, 2011

Postby Boone777; Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm Re: Insane value for money -software

sjm wrote:My serious vote on this topic goes not to Komplete - which I own - but to the Plug & Mix VIP Bundle.

I got the bundle on sale (as I did Komplete), and it worked out as something stupid like a few bucks/euros per plugin. Of course a $2 plugin that sounds like shite is still a waste of money, but that's not the case here.

Originally I was looking for some quick&easy guitar FX, similar to my hardware pedals, i.e. chorus, flanger, phaser et al. I demoed the plugins and figured I liked the sound of most of them, so bought the entire bundle.

Since then, there isn't a project I've made without at least one of these plugins. And I'm using almost all the plugins, not just the ones that I was initially interested in. There's very little in the way of fluff, though you obviously get a lot more bang for your buck if you are a guitarist. The plugins are all very simple one trick ponies, but that's what makes them so streamlined and productive. They really are "Plug&Mix": there's no faffing around. You just decide you need an effect, load it up turn 3 knobs and forget.

The plugins have largely replaced Guitar Rig for me simply because of their ease of use and how similar it feels to using analog pedals. Guitar Rig takes forever to load, finding the right component isn't immediate and I personally find can be a real creativity killer. GR is great if you want to spend 20 minutes getting the perfect tone, but not so good when you want to RECORD RIGHT NOW.

And that's why the bundle gets my vote for insane value: it's made me so much more productive because of how easy it is to dial in the sound you want in 5-30 seconds most of the time. Loading time is practically zero, and you can have many, many instances of the plugins.

Agree ! Picked the bundle second hand for 40$ because I liked 3 or 4 of them plugs. I found a couple of extra gems in the bundle, received 5 new plugins free and yes it will continue to be free for lifetime.
It's very cool to throw a no brainer plugin with 3-4 buttons when sometimes you know you don't need rocket science fx to get the result you are after and I really like the GUIs !

So yes insane value for the money !
Win 7, 64Bit, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper, Steinberg MR816x
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)