Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6690 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

Vertion wrote:I love this GUI graphics stuff, I forgot how fun it was...
kvrStar.jpg

Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
Vertion
KVRist

330 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:25 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

V0RT3X wrote:Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?

No. But you are in the ballpark. Hey now, now I know I have something, let me make a few skins and buy a few sandwiches for the family before I give away my trade secrets. Then I will release a video with my droning on and on on how to get the shadows right, but I will do my best to do a Mr. Worrall impression to keep it interesting. Least to say, save your pennies on all the 3D programs, Blender does a great job, combined with a rather large set of freeware photo-realistic renderers, there is no need to spend money... might I also recommend Sculptris for the more organic model fan, as well as Awesome Bump, and countless other freeware utilities The 2D program I am using costs a little more than 100 bucks, so either way I recommend saving your pennies. Also, unless you have a raw GI, use a hemisphere light dome with shadow mapping on.. it's much faster for animations and still gets the job done.

It's easy to do photography for such a stop-motion idea.. you need to keep quite a distance to flatten out the perspective though, and some decent 3-point lighting. Also, given that we are talking about a real GUI, all photography should be given maximum contrast for user visibility, which can be treated by using rim-lighting along with patchwork contrast enhancement (localized levels adjustments) and a fair amount of local histogram equalization to bring out natural detail.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6690 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:50 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

Vertion wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?

No. But you are in the ballpark. Hey now, now I know I have something, let me make a few skins and buy a few sandwiches for the family before I give away my trade secrets. Then I will release a video with my droning on and on on how to get the shadows right, but I will do my best to do a Mr. Worrall impression to keep it interesting. Least to say, save your pennies on all the 3D programs, Blender does a great job, combined with a rather large set of freeware photo-realistic renderers, there is no need to spend money... might I also recommend Sculptris for the more organic model fan, as well as Awesome Bump, and countless other freeware utilities The 2D program I am using costs a little more than 100 bucks, so either way I recommend saving your pennies. Also, unless you have a raw GI, use a hemisphere light dome with shadow mapping on.. it's much faster for animations and still gets the job done.

It's easy to do photography for such a stop-motion idea.. you need to keep quite a distance to flatten out the perspective though, and some decent 3-point lighting. Also, given that we are talking about a real GUI, all photography should be given maximum contrast for user visibility, which can be treated by using rim-lighting along with patchwork contrast enhancement (localized levels adjustments) and a fair amount of local histogram equalization to bring out natural detail.

No need to give away trade secrets, I was just curious. It would be nice to see a tutorial on GUI design though in the style of Mr. Worrall.

For the photography, it would probably be best to shoot in a raw format so you could grade the footage properly. I doubt it would be too difficult.
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
Vertion
KVRist

330 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

V0RT3X wrote:For the photography, it would probably be best to shoot in a raw format so you could grade the footage properly. I doubt it would be too difficult.

By RAW format, I assume you are referring to Canon RAW formats and the like, I'm a little short on change for a Hasselblad. I keep my shots metered and color calibrated, and of course, in RAW format. I used to have my screen full gamut with high precision calibration in a grey painted room.. with my wacom under my arm.. but I moved on to green vegetables and musical programming... now I've gained a bunch of synthesizers, and more additions to the family.
sergiofrias
KVRist

403 posts since 22 May, 2009, from Portugal,Azores (faial island)

Postby sergiofrias; Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

My 3d skin for Black Rooster vpre-73:

...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25
braj
KVRAF

8468 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:23 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

I'm an amateur animator using iClone 7, and do some modelling in Blender, but I'm not great at it. I have been wanting some 3d synths for making music videos, if anyone knows where I could download something nice, please let me know. Free is what my budget can afford for this, it is really only for my own amusement, not for commercial anything. I want to make a virtual band to 'play' my music.
godly
KVRian

709 posts since 22 May, 2013, from Gent, Belgium

Postby godly; Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 am Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

It may have been asked here, but what's the most simple way to make a 3D of a synth? Any tuts?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist

450 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:46 am Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

I havnt come across any synth specific tutorials.

I found the easiest way in cinema 4d is drawing shapes with spline tool (use spline mask to cut holes) and extruding that. You basically end up with a box that has holes cut out for screens etc.

This is all procedural so if you need to move something you can. I always found pure polygon modelling too restrictive.

Then you add your knobs,screens, decals and end panels or whatever.

Knobs are easy to make... create a cone.. then use cloner to make the features like grip or cut ins or wherever round the cone. See my examples I posted above.

You get a c4d lite with after effects if you have it.
[https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2]Sonic Academy ANA[/url]
Sonic Academy Kick
ssp1
KVRer

1 post since 30 Nov, 2017

Postby ssp1; Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:33 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

just joined and saw this thread, i love the renders of some synth plugins.

A few years ago Motu released BPM which was an mpc drum machine style plugin. Everyone was expecting hardware but it was just a plugin. There was no controller because "it would cost too much and wasn't possible" were the answers to many peoples questions.

So i built one...

teaser.jpg

bpm_mockup.jpg

Motu.jpg

still using it after many years
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigimpactsound
KVRer

9 posts since 12 Dec, 2017, from Belgium

Postby Bigimpactsound; Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 am Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

Awesome topic, this really is the stuff of dreams :)
SparkySpark
KVRian

871 posts since 30 Aug, 2004, from Skövde, Sweden

Postby SparkySpark; Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:00 pm Re: 3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

ssp1 wrote:just joined and saw this thread, i love the renders of some synth plugins.

A few years ago Motu released BPM which was an mpc drum machine style plugin. Everyone was expecting hardware but it was just a plugin. There was no controller because "it would cost too much and wasn't possible" were the answers to many peoples questions.

So i built one...

teaser.jpg

bpm_mockup.jpg

Motu.jpg

still using it after many years

So these are shots of your own hardware project?! Amazing! :o :tu:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments