3D renders of your favorite VST plugin interface!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vertion wrote:I love this GUI graphics stuff, I forgot how fun it was...
kvrStar.jpg

Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?
No. But you are in the ballpark. Hey now, now I know I have something, let me make a few skins and buy a few sandwiches for the family before I give away my trade secrets. Then I will release a video with my droning on and on on how to get the shadows right, but I will do my best to do a Mr. Worrall impression to keep it interesting. Least to say, save your pennies on all the 3D programs, Blender does a great job, combined with a rather large set of freeware photo-realistic renderers, there is no need to spend money... might I also recommend Sculptris for the more organic model fan, as well as Awesome Bump, and countless other freeware utilities The 2D program I am using costs a little more than 100 bucks, so either way I recommend saving your pennies. Also, unless you have a raw GI, use a hemisphere light dome with shadow mapping on.. it's much faster for animations and still gets the job done.

It's easy to do photography for such a stop-motion idea.. you need to keep quite a distance to flatten out the perspective though, and some decent 3-point lighting. Also, given that we are talking about a real GUI, all photography should be given maximum contrast for user visibility, which can be treated by using rim-lighting along with patchwork contrast enhancement (localized levels adjustments) and a fair amount of local histogram equalization to bring out natural detail.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:Are you using https://www.alienskin.com/eyecandy/?
No. But you are in the ballpark. Hey now, now I know I have something, let me make a few skins and buy a few sandwiches for the family before I give away my trade secrets. Then I will release a video with my droning on and on on how to get the shadows right, but I will do my best to do a Mr. Worrall impression to keep it interesting. Least to say, save your pennies on all the 3D programs, Blender does a great job, combined with a rather large set of freeware photo-realistic renderers, there is no need to spend money... might I also recommend Sculptris for the more organic model fan, as well as Awesome Bump, and countless other freeware utilities The 2D program I am using costs a little more than 100 bucks, so either way I recommend saving your pennies. Also, unless you have a raw GI, use a hemisphere light dome with shadow mapping on.. it's much faster for animations and still gets the job done.

It's easy to do photography for such a stop-motion idea.. you need to keep quite a distance to flatten out the perspective though, and some decent 3-point lighting. Also, given that we are talking about a real GUI, all photography should be given maximum contrast for user visibility, which can be treated by using rim-lighting along with patchwork contrast enhancement (localized levels adjustments) and a fair amount of local histogram equalization to bring out natural detail.
No need to give away trade secrets, I was just curious. It would be nice to see a tutorial on GUI design though in the style of Mr. Worrall.

For the photography, it would probably be best to shoot in a raw format so you could grade the footage properly. I doubt it would be too difficult.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: For the photography, it would probably be best to shoot in a raw format so you could grade the footage properly. I doubt it would be too difficult.
By RAW format, I assume you are referring to Canon RAW formats and the like, I'm a little short on change for a Hasselblad. I keep my shots metered and color calibrated, and of course, in RAW format. I used to have my screen full gamut with high precision calibration in a grey painted room.. with my wacom under my arm.. but I moved on to green vegetables and musical programming... now I've gained a bunch of synthesizers, and more additions to the family.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

My 3d skin for Black Rooster vpre-73:

...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

I'm an amateur animator using iClone 7, and do some modelling in Blender, but I'm not great at it. I have been wanting some 3d synths for making music videos, if anyone knows where I could download something nice, please let me know. Free is what my budget can afford for this, it is really only for my own amusement, not for commercial anything. I want to make a virtual band to 'play' my music.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

It may have been asked here, but what's the most simple way to make a 3D of a synth? Any tuts?
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj

I havnt come across any synth specific tutorials.

I found the easiest way in cinema 4d is drawing shapes with spline tool (use spline mask to cut holes) and extruding that. You basically end up with a box that has holes cut out for screens etc.

This is all procedural so if you need to move something you can. I always found pure polygon modelling too restrictive.

Then you add your knobs,screens, decals and end panels or whatever.

Knobs are easy to make... create a cone.. then use cloner to make the features like grip or cut ins or wherever round the cone. See my examples I posted above.

You get a c4d lite with after effects if you have it.

just joined and saw this thread, i love the renders of some synth plugins.

A few years ago Motu released BPM which was an mpc drum machine style plugin. Everyone was expecting hardware but it was just a plugin. There was no controller because "it would cost too much and wasn't possible" were the answers to many peoples questions.

So i built one...
teaser.jpg
bpm_mockup.jpg
Motu.jpg
still using it after many years
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Awesome topic, this really is the stuff of dreams :)

ssp1 wrote:just joined and saw this thread, i love the renders of some synth plugins.

A few years ago Motu released BPM which was an mpc drum machine style plugin. Everyone was expecting hardware but it was just a plugin. There was no controller because "it would cost too much and wasn't possible" were the answers to many peoples questions.

So i built one...
teaser.jpg
bpm_mockup.jpg
Motu.jpg
still using it after many years
So these are shots of your own hardware project?! Amazing! :o :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Instruments”