VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

zzz00m wrote:What is release velocity?

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/release-velocity/
The answer is in the link you posted:
This term refers to the speed at which a key is raised (released) after being struck, as well as the type of MIDI data used to encode that speed. While most modern keyboards have velocity sensitivity, which is triggered when a note is depressed, release velocity sensing is relatively uncommon. The feature is typically used to control the rate of the release segment of a specific sound’s envelope.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I checked my Alesis keyboard controller using MIDI-OX, and the Alesis first sends a note on message with the actual velocity value, then sends a note off with a value of '00'. So I am getting note on/note off for each key press/release.

The note off message value here is always '00', so I assume it is never going to transmit an actual release velocity value.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

EnochLight wrote:
zzz00m wrote:What is release velocity?

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/release-velocity/
The answer is in the link you posted:
This term refers to the speed at which a key is raised (released) after being struck, as well as the type of MIDI data used to encode that speed. While most modern keyboards have velocity sensitivity, which is triggered when a note is depressed, release velocity sensing is relatively uncommon. The feature is typically used to control the rate of the release segment of a specific sound’s envelope.
You are correct. That is why I posted that. That question is the actual title of the page in the link, not my question. Rather a sort of a rhetorical question from my perspective. :wink:

rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
In VST mode you can send MIDI out to another MIDI track in the DAW and record the MIDI sequence there, and save it as a MIDI file. You can also import MIDI files into the arpeggiator.
Could someone describe step by step how to do this in Reaper.. :help:
From page 26 in the SM One User Manual:
Arp MIDI Output
Outputs the notes generated by the Arpeggiator as MIDI into the host DAW. Set “SynthMaster One” as
the input to a MIDI track to record them.
Just setup a track in Reaper to record from SM.

You may find this helpful:
http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/Recording_MIDI

I'm not sure if this is possible, but can you add an option to detune the sub oscillators? Independent pans would also be interesting.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

What a wonderful synth. The perfect streamlined version of synthmaster2, which really fast impressive results. Even a substitute for my old Radias :)

EDIT: Omg, there is favorites inside!

zzz00m wrote:
rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
In VST mode you can send MIDI out to another MIDI track in the DAW and record the MIDI sequence there, and save it as a MIDI file. You can also import MIDI files into the arpeggiator.
Arp MIDI Output
Outputs the notes generated by the Arpeggiator as MIDI into the host DAW. Set “SynthMaster One” as

Thanks zzz00m, I've tried everything but still going around in cicles with this. Bulent uses Reaper I'll ask him to post a track template...

Hey Bulent...how about it ?

rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Arp MIDI Output

Thanks zzz00m, I've tried everything but still going around in cicles with this. Bulent uses Reaper I'll ask him to post a track template...

The SynthMaster settings work fine and this is a matter of learning your DAW.

So assuming that you have already set "Arp MIDI output (on) in SM one Settings...

The rest is clearly explained in the Reaper wiki, but here is the tl;dr...

1. Right click on the record arm/disarm button in the track you want to record the MIDI. This is typically the track that has the SM One instrument inserted on it.

2. Select Record: output > Record: output (MIDI).

3. Start recording and play the arp. The MIDI output from the arp is recorded.

zzz00m wrote:
rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
rivrock wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Arp MIDI Output

zzz00m wrote:
"Arp MIDI output (on) in SM one Settings...
:party: Thanks very much zzz00m, :hihi:

One request for upcoming 1.1 - please implement copy-paste function on arp ...it's option that users will need.Thanks

I have been playing around with SynthMaster One and I like it,but I wish that they would not have that cheesy promotional crap running when you are browsing the presets...

That's a really cheap shot and distracts from the quality of the synth and the zen of the music making process...

We can get any information we need online 24/7...

If they try this sort of rubbish with SynthMaster 3, I will quit using their products :!:

Maybe Steinway will put an LED display running promotional crap above the keyboard of their pianos,so that concert pianists can stay up to date with the latest rubbish whilst they are in the middle of a recital ? :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:I have been playing around with SynthMaster One and I like it,but I wish that they would not have that cheesy promotional crap running when you are browsing the presets...

That's a really cheap shot and distracts from the quality of the synth and the zen of the music making process...

We can get any information we need online 24/7...

If they try this sort of rubbish with SynthMaster 3, I will quit using their products :!:

Maybe Steinway will put an LED display running promotional crap above the keyboard of their pianos,so that concert pianists can stay up to date with the latest rubbish whilst they are in the middle of a recital ? :wink:
Bulent has said that will be removed by default in 1.1.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
That's good news because it's a great synth and running the promotional crap doesn't cut it :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote:
braj wrote:
That's good news because it's a great synth and running the promotional crap doesn't cut it :wink:
He wants to have a store built in so people can buy and manage their expansions, skins and whatnot. It was a 1.0 decision and thankfully he is responsive and addressed the complaints, I say that is great service, I wish all developers were so responsive when they make marketing errors that annoy customers.

braj wrote: He wants to have a store built in so people can buy and manage their expansions, skins and whatnot. It was a 1.0 decision and thankfully he is responsive and addressed the complaints, I say that is great service, I wish all developers were so responsive when they make marketing errors that annoy customers.
Good move by Bulent....

Listening to what your customers are saying is smart business :wink:

I like SM One and my only complaint was that cheap arse advertising built into the broswer :bang:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”