Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

So you are saying what, the controls necessary shouldn't be made available by Syntronik in a future update? These are the same controls needed by DAWs for automation, it is a definite limitation of the plugin, and I will complain about that until they implement it. This stuff just should be there, even if it is limited to say eight definable slots per layer to jive with your common midi controller. It is a justified complaint.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

The presets issue is one thing, the controller limitation is more acute.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

zzz00m wrote: Suggestion: use a DAW host of choice to create the ultimate synth rack!

I use VIP and like it within its limitations. :tu:

If you use VIP as a plugin, you can insert one instance of VIP into a DAW host. Assemble your multi as desired with plugins that are mapped in VIP.

Then insert an instance of Syntronik into your DAW. Use the multi features within Syntronik. Alternatively, use SampleTank 3, and create your multi in that.
Ah, I get it, you think I am wanting to create multis in VIP, that's not really how I use it most. I use it as a preset manager and live controller in conjunction with my VIP-equipped keyboard, I am talking about being able to browse the multis created in Syntronic from my keyboard, see all the presets there, define live controller mapping, it works nicely with Sampletank's main database, just Sampletank apparently doesn't make addon packs available for something like VIP to see. I'll also bring this up with Akai as part of this may be something that needs addressing from VIP's end, I just don't know.

braj wrote:
zzz00m wrote: Suggestion: use a DAW host of choice to create the ultimate synth rack!

I use VIP and like it within its limitations. :tu:

If you use VIP as a plugin, you can insert one instance of VIP into a DAW host. Assemble your multi as desired with plugins that are mapped in VIP.

Then insert an instance of Syntronik into your DAW. Use the multi features within Syntronik. Alternatively, use SampleTank 3, and create your multi in that.
Ah, I get it, you think I am wanting to create multis in VIP, that's not really how I use it most. I use it as a preset manager and live controller in conjunction with my VIP-equipped keyboard, I am talking about being able to browse the multis created in Syntronic from my keyboard, see all the presets there, define live controller mapping, it works nicely with Sampletank's main database, just Sampletank apparently doesn't make addon packs available for something like VIP to see. I'll also bring this up with Akai as part of this may be something that needs addressing from VIP's end, I just don't know.
I have already opened a support ticket with Akai regarding the issue of ST3 patch importing into VIP. I cannot even import a user patch that I create in ST3. Nada, nothing... So until I hear back, that is busted.

I also have a VIP enabled keyboard. The controls on the keyboard are helpful, but it appears that VIP is not a 100% universal solution. It is much better than nothing. I have over 20,000 patches mapped in VIP already, and the search and tagging functions are awesome! But sadly the IK stuff is suffering...

So all I was suggesting was a workaround for the issues... :wink:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Damn it if this thing doesn't have a useful arp! It isn't overly complex but it is sufficiently musical and very accessible. I really wish I could load Sampletank presets in it just for the arp. How long before we see a new Sampletank version that incorporates it? It is just lovely to work with. :clap:

zzz00m wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:Am I missing something - using midi learn for aftertouch doesn't work like a performance control, it works like it's physically moving the knob - so when you release the aftertouch it means the knob is set to zero.
I just learned today that you can control the MIDI range assignment for MIDI learn! :clap:

I was playing around with filter cutoff again, and assigned MIDI learn to aftertouch. In the same right-click menu as 'MIDI Learn', there is also an item called 'MIDI Assignments'.

After you assign MIDI learn, right-click on the control knob again, and select 'MIDI Assignments'. That brings up a matrix view of your learned assignments. Select the min/max values there and you are good to go!

Setting the filter cutoff min at 40-50% is a good starting point. Then you can adjust to taste...
That's certainly better than everything resetting to zero each time - thanks!

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
That's certainly better than everything resetting to zero each time - thanks!
You are welcome! :party:

There are two LFOs available in Sampletank, it would be nice if Syntronic had two available as well. It would make it a lot more flexible. Right now, we have to choose between the wonderful ARP and keyboard splitting or Sampletank's full editor and access to the whole ST library. An 'advanced' mode in Syntronic with full controls would be mightily appreciated in a future update.

EDIT: I guess it is available in a limited way, it is mapped to vibrato wheel, like ST#, but you can't access the rest of the settings.

We have just added a new video in the Syntronik tutorial series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lvsubV5i5Y

Thanks, Peter! Informative video :tu:

zzz00m wrote:Thanks, Peter! Informative video :tu:
You're welcome! Glad you like it. The video series with other tutorials is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... kMTei1HNXp

I love the ability to integrate Syntronik, as well as Miroslav Philharmonik 2, presets into SampleTank 3. However, IMHO, the limited browser functionality in SampleTank 3 ruins the end-user experience. I hope an update in underway to enhance the browser functionality of SampleTank 3, as I find navigating through the presets is too cumbersome. The said problem is acerbated by the fact that each of Syntronik synths are individually listed under the SampleTank 3 browser.

The aforementioned situation usually leads me to use other products more often, such as Analog Lab 2 and HALion 6, than SampleTank 3 with Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

With that said, Syntronik as an individual product is great, IMO. The browser is definitely an improvement over the implementation in SampleTank 3.

Silaris wrote:I love the ability to integrate Syntronik, as well as Miroslav Philharmonik 2, presets into SampleTank 3. However, IMHO, the limited browser functionality in SampleTank 3 ruins the end-user experience. I hope an update in underway to enhance the browser functionality of SampleTank 3, as I find navigating through the presets is too cumbersome. The said problem is acerbated by the fact that each of Syntronik synths are individually listed under the SampleTank 3 browser.

The aforementioned situation usually leads me to use other products more often, such as Analog Lab 2 and HALion 6, than SampleTank 3 with Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2.

With that said, Syntronik as an individual product is great, IMO. The browser is definitely an improvement over the implementation in SampleTank 3.
Seriously, browsing with the SampleTank 3 browser is very painful! :dog:

But there is a better way! Use the search box (the magnifier icon) and type in a word, like "bass".

Every library with 'bass' in it will expand showing the bass presets available, including any in ST3 libraries, Syntronik, etc.

Sure beats expanding those browser category widgets one at a time! :tu:

zzz00m wrote:
Silaris wrote:I love the ability to integrate Syntronik, as well as Miroslav Philharmonik 2, presets into SampleTank 3. However, IMHO, the limited browser functionality in SampleTank 3 ruins the end-user experience. I hope an update in underway to enhance the browser functionality of SampleTank 3, as I find navigating through the presets is too cumbersome. The said problem is acerbated by the fact that each of Syntronik synths are individually listed under the SampleTank 3 browser.

Seriously, browsing with the SampleTank 3 browser is very painful! :dog:

But there is a better way! Use the search box (the magnifier icon) and type in a word, like "bass".

Every library with 'bass' in it will expand showing the bass presets available, including any in ST3 libraries, Syntronik, etc.

Sure beats expanding those browser category widgets one at a time! :tu:
I tried the use the search feature in the past for "bass" and other categories. If I recall correctly, the bass preset folders were expanded. However, a lot of non-bass related category folders were also expanded. The results were a minor improvement, but not what I had hoped.

Nevertheless, I will try again when I am at home to verify if anything has changed, such as keyword metatags added to the presets to improve the search results.

Silaris wrote:
I tried the use the search feature in the past for "bass" and other categories. If I recall correctly, the bass preset folders were expanded. However, a lot of non-bass related category folders were also expanded. The results were a minor improvement, but not what I had hoped.

Nevertheless, I will try again when I am at home to verify if anything has changed, such as keyword metatags added to the presets to improve the search results.
Don't get me wrong, I am all in favor of a new, improved browser for SampleTank 3, but just wanted to make sure that the search function was known. It wasn't obvious to me at first, until someone else pointed me to it.

The search seems to work fairly accurately for me. I even tried using various terms, and what I input is mostly what I got, even if that word was not present in the category or patch name itself. So there appears to be some tagging involved. Some categories are fairly broad, such as 'strings', which brings up basses, guitars, layered pianos+strings, orchestral string instruments, synth pads, and the Syntronik String Box! :D

Return to “Instruments”