Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
trmupstage
KVRist
 
225 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:57 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

What about the possible Q shape issue where the Q shape is sharper than the displayed value when comparing with other EQs? Any comment on that?

Thanks for looking into the Nuendo bug.
User avatar
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
 
352 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:38 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

trmupstage wrote:Q shape bug?

Doing more tests on this and comparing to other EQs I use. It seems the Q setting is off by one. Maybe there isn't a standard for Q, but with a Waves SSL or DMG Equality set for Q:2, CS-3301 has to be set to Q:1 to match their Q. I loaded up all the plugins and Span. I ran pink noise through them all and compared. CS-3301 definitely has a different Q shape compared to other plugins with the same Q setting. Does anyone know if Q has a standard reference?

Well, this could be, because CS-3301 does not copy the design of any plug-in. There is no "standard" behaviour for the Q setting...
trmupstage
KVRist
 
225 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure about how Q is determined and if there is a standard. Either way, the filters sound very nice and open. The workflow of this plugin is great.
The VST3 version works fine in Nuendo 8.1 with the insert slot disable button. Thanks for the quick response.

Are you having a Black Friday Sale this week? I'm tempted to pick it up but don't want to pay full price if waiting a few days will be a better deal.
User avatar
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
 
352 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

trmupstage wrote:Are you having a Black Friday Sale this week? I'm tempted to pick it up but don't want to pay full price if waiting a few days will be a better deal.

Sorry, but no special conditions planned
trmupstage
KVRist
 
225 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Found another problem in Nuendo 8.1. When CS-3301 is on two linked mono tracks, such as overheads, changing the values in the left instance does not change it in the right and visa-versa. All plugins used in linked channels make changes to both channels at the same time.

Hmmm... nevermind. It's now working fine with the VST3 version. Maybe it was a Nuendo issue.
User avatar
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
 
352 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 pm Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Update to 1.4.3:
- Preset prev/next hang fix
- VST2: bypass fix
User avatar
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
 
352 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:44 pm Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

trmupstage wrote:Found another problem in Nuendo 8.1. When CS-3301 is on two linked mono tracks, such as overheads, changing the values in the left instance does not change it in the right and visa-versa. All plugins used in linked channels make changes to both channels at the same time.

hmm, how do you setup linked mono tracks in Cubase/Nuendo ?
Thank you.
Halonmusic
KVRist
 
469 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Looks great! :tu:
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
8890 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:17 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

Demoing this plug again.

Seems to get so many things right. However, a bit of a strange decision to have all parameters defaulting to hard-left positions, as opposed to 0db. Because touching any parameter engages the section (Which is great), it means that as soon as you touch something it defaults to a cut.

Also getting nasty thumps/clicks when engaging the '2X' button, and using the bypass (Daw).

Logic 10.3.2
trmupstage
KVRist
 
225 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:38 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

el-bo,
I haven't seen that problem at all with this. The default for me is all bands as a gain of 0. so, it works as I expect it to. Which version are you using? I'm also guessing you are on Mac? I'm on Win10.

On a side note, does anyone know any history of TBProAudio? Who are they? Where did they come from? So many devs here are well known, as they have been part of the community for many years. I'm just curious on the back story to these guys (or guy). Not sure if it's just one guy or a small team or ...? Not that it makes a lot of difference, but it does help to know history before parting with cash...
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
8890 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:13 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

trmupstage wrote:el-bo,
I haven't seen that problem at all with this. The default for me is all bands as a gain of 0. so, it works as I expect it to. Which version are you using? I'm also guessing you are on Mac? I'm on Win10.


Running latest build in Logic pro (OSX)

This is the default state :wink:

Image
trmupstage
KVRist
 
225 posts since 25 Sep, 2002, from Chicago

Postby trmupstage; Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

That would be pretty hard to work with. Actually, a deal breaker. It must be a Mac only thing as it is working on PC OK. So far, the fixes I've needed, they came through with fast. I'm sure they will jump into this thread soon.
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
8890 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:31 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

trmupstage wrote:That would be pretty hard to work with. Actually, a deal breaker. It must be a Mac only thing as it is working on PC OK. So far, the fixes I've needed, they came through with fast. I'm sure they will jump into this thread soon.


To be honest, it's not too difficult to set a new default preset in Logic. However, I am sure it's not the 'expected' behaviour, and I'm sure it's easy for the developer to correct.
User avatar
TB-ProAudio
KVRist
 
352 posts since 15 May, 2014, from Germany

Postby TB-ProAudio; Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Running latest build in Logic pro (OSX)

This is the default state :wink:

Image


Well, this looks bad, right! This is definitively not the default parameter set!!!
Hmm, could you please reinstall the plugin?
What is happening if you witch to another preset?
Is this Logic X only or Reaper as well?

We are investigating this, but nothing found so far...
User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
 
8890 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am Re: TBProAudio: CS-3301 - Channel Strip Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

TB-ProAudio wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Running latest build in Logic pro (OSX)

This is the default state :wink:

Image


Well, this looks bad, right! This is definitively not the default parameter set!!!
Hmm, could you please reinstall the plugin?
What is happening if you witch to another preset?
Is this Logic X only or Reaper as well?

We are investigating this, but nothing found so far...


Reinstalling worked :tu: How bizarre :scared:

Thanks
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects