SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

kv331 wrote:
PietW. wrote:
It is a bit crazy. The standalone version does not accept my license number. It works in Reaper. When I open the standalone version again, it works too. After I had completely deleted the beta1 and reinstalled the Beta2 is all right until now.
The thing is, one is them is probably v2.8, the other is v2.9. So they don't accept each other's license key file, and the dialog pops up for a new license key file.
How do we get a new licence key for the 2.9 beta2 if the licence key for 2.8 and 2.9 is different Bulent? :help:

surreal wrote: How do we get a new licence key for the 2.9 beta2 if the licence key for 2.8 and 2.9 is different Bulent? :help:
If the keycode isn't valid, the license key file dialog pops up, you press "download" and all set.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I have an improvement suggestion. Could we have it so that the tension handles in the Distortion effects follow the mouse instead of moving the opposite direction? It's very awkward and not intuitive the way it is now.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

hi.... hmm wasn't fixed on the mac....at least not in Cubase.
and didn't get to try it on pc per email.
rsp
kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote:Hi,

I had mentioned this before.
Unlike Synthmaster One, you can't select multiple tags for searching.

I personally prefer synthmaster One way.

Which is the intended way? Is this only one tag in each category by design or a bug/deficiency?

thanks
rsp
Hi Richard

I fixed that in Beta2, you can select multiple tags under a list while searching for presets.
sound sculptist

AJYoung wrote:I have an improvement suggestion. Could we have it so that the tension handles in the Distortion effects follow the mouse instead of moving the opposite direction? It's very awkward and not intuitive the way it is now.
Adding that to my final tasks list!
Works at KV331 Audio

Can Synthmaster have control on the volume when increasing the voices of the Oscillators? every time I try to increase the voices even slightly the volume goes too high, Don't know if is supposed to be like that.

in good will, I like the Synth :)

Sounds familiar. I wonder how much time/effort I'd take to write some sort of in-house app that corrects the max levels of each and every (future) factory patch (SM ONE & 2.9) automatically before they're added to the collection or if such an auto-leveler couldn't be implemented into the synths themselves?

atya wrote:Sounds familiar. I wonder how much time/effort I'd take to write some sort of in-house app that corrects the max levels of each and every (future) factory patch (SM ONE & 2.9) automatically before they're added to the collection or if such an auto-leveler couldn't be implemented into the synths themselves?
This becomes painfully obvious when using the standalone version of the synths. I would like to see a master output level for the instrument that is independent of the preset level.

But when using the plugin version in a DAW host, I usually have a track or bus fader in my mixer that controls max output level for each plugin. Or using a compressor/limiter plugin is a good option.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
atya wrote:Sounds familiar. I wonder how much time/effort I'd take to write some sort of in-house app that corrects the max levels of each and every (future) factory patch (SM ONE & 2.9) automatically before they're added to the collection or if such an auto-leveler couldn't be implemented into the synths themselves?
This becomes painfully obvious when using the standalone version of the synths. I would like to see a master output level for the instrument that is independent of the preset level.

But when using the plugin version in a DAW host, I usually have a track or bus fader in my mixer that controls max output level for each plugin. Or using a compressor/limiter plugin is a good option.
Yeah, I usually have a limiter on the master but more as a protective measure. Since any compression reduces the dynamic range of a signal I'd rather welcome something like a max. level standard among the patches - that would make the work with some synths a lot easier and more enjoyable, especially if you have to flip your way through hundreds of patches at a time and have to constantly fiddle with some faders.

atya wrote:Since any compression reduces the dynamic range of a signal I'd rather welcome something like a max. level standard among the patches - that would make the work with some synths a lot easier and more enjoyable, especially if you have to flip your way through hundreds of patches at a time and have to constantly fiddle with some faders.
A while back on the SM One thread, Bulent mentioned he would look into normalizing the volumes for the presets in the next SM One release.

zzz00m wrote:
atya wrote:Since any compression reduces the dynamic range of a signal I'd rather welcome something like a max. level standard among the patches - that would make the work with some synths a lot easier and more enjoyable, especially if you have to flip your way through hundreds of patches at a time and have to constantly fiddle with some faders.
A while back on the SM One thread, Bulent mentioned he would look into normalizing the volumes for the presets in the next SM One release.
Edit: I had to dig that up ... he said:
kv331 wrote:As for loud presets, I havent normalized the levels yet folks. Once I receive all the remaining presets, I'll do that. We also noticed during the NAMM Show that especially Nori Ubukata presets are very loud!

BTW, we have a compressor effect, but I dont know how effectively our designers used that.
Can't help it but I love Nori's patches anyway, especially his 'Sounds of the World' bank for SM 2.x :tu:

atya wrote:
kv331 wrote:As for loud presets, I havent normalized the levels yet folks. Once I receive all the remaining presets, I'll do that. We also noticed during the NAMM Show that especially Nori Ubukata presets are very loud!

BTW, we have a compressor effect, but I dont know how effectively our designers used that.
Can't help it but I love Nori's patches anyway, especially his 'Sounds of the World' bank for SM 2.x :tu:
I have all of Nori's banks, and I love how he has emulated many of the classic synth sounds in SynthMaster. It really has made me believe that SynthMaster can sound like anything you want.

Someday I am really going to dig into a few of Nori's patches to better understand how he works the magic! :tu:

Yeah Nori's patches are great.

I have a love hate with his patches.... usually sound great but little or no aftertouch modulation or velocity sensitivity and very basic cliche modwheel.....They are for me like diamonds in the rough. Almost there but not quite.
rsp
sound sculptist

Guys, I have a new update coming tonight. This one has some important fixes, and the setup sizes will reduce by 200 MB (just figured to scale the images at runtime instead of doing that by the GUIEditor)

v2.9 Release Candidate
1. FIX: When user saves presets under sub folders of Presets folder, SynthMaster might crash
2. FIX: When number of held notes is greater than 64, SynthMaster crashes
3. FIX: GUIEditor saves rendered images twice in the skin definition file
4. FIX: Browser lists in default skins (Gray, Blue, Orange, Red) are not multi-select
5. FIX: GUIEditor generates separate images for each skin resolution, which results in increased setup file size
6. FIX: Satyatunes Blue skin looks blurry at resolutions greater than 100%
7. FIX: Expansions downloads fail when CDN https/http redirection is used.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”