Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

andy-cytomic wrote:
omiroad wrote:A little off-topic, but for how long will the coupon work? I can't decide if I want to use it on The Scream, or if I should wait for a future plug-in.
For customers that have already spent USD 99 at the Cytomic store (and still own that software) you will get a 30% off one product coupon every 6 months. If you don't use the coupon in that time we'll just leave it alone, it won't expire. Please check your newsletter settings if you missed out on this email, but not to worry because the coupon that we would have emailed to you (if you let us!) is sitting in your account read to use :)

We also have a 15% off 'bundle deal' automatically applied at the checkout if you purchase 2 or more products.
Any sense of a general release schedule for your upcoming products? Based on past releases, I’m not sure we’re in any danger of exceeding one product per 6 months, but maybe you’ve got enough research and coding overhead in place that you’ll be churning them out now!

One product every 6 months I think would be maximum at the moment. Doing the DSP takes a month or two which includes possibly building and testing circuits, designing and rendering and coding the GUI takes another month or two, and then all the other jobs like testing in loads of hosts and operating systems, tutorial videos, audio demos, manuals, installers, web page updates, additional promo graphics, newsletters, tech support, posting on forums, maintenance and bug fixing all plugins, interviews, press releases, R&D for new products, and the list goes on all takes another quite a few months in total.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Giving out coupons to loyal customers effectively for every new product is quite generous. I’m likely to buy anything you release with or without a discount, but I surely appreciate it!
Last edited by btw on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[double post]

Really looking forward to your new creations Andy!
Any hint what will be next first? Synth, Eq, another stompbox?
Your plugins are the most used in my projects cause they just sound the best to my ears.
And thanks for the 30% coupon offering, will definetely use it :)
All the best!

irtimid wrote:Really looking forward to your new creations Andy!
Any hint what will be next first? Synth, Eq, another stompbox?
Your plugins are the most used in my projects cause they just sound the best to my ears.
And thanks for the 30% coupon offering, will definetely use it :)
All the best!
I'm finishing off The Scream, and a little bug fix in The Drop's envelopes, then I'll see how it goes. Probably quickest to finish would be a full component fuzz pedal emulation, and the synth. I've also got the HD mode for The Glue to finish but I'm still tracking down a SSL G384 in good condition for a reference to make sure I've got all the detail covered.

Omg. Did you just say 'synth' Andy?

I would love to have an anologue modelled synth with the Drop baked into it. Just please give us an easy system modulation like Serum :)

nori.lam wrote:Omg. Did you just say 'synth' Andy?

I would love to have an anologue modelled synth with the Drop baked into it. Just please give us an easy system modulation like Serum :)
Yep, new synth! It's a monster, and the modulation system is similar to what Steve did with Serum ie very direct and very easy. The main difference will be that all modulation will be audio rate - that's the plan anyway, but I'll see how it goes in terms of CPU hit once I've got everything properly optimised. I've also worked out a bunch of new maths, which is going to raise the bar considerably in terms of what is possible ITB with virtual analog synths :tu:

MPE compatibility in the synth please! Roli and linnstrument users will thank you!

andy-cytomic wrote:

Yep, new synth! It's a monster, and the modulation system is similar to what Steve did with Serum ie very direct and very easy. The main difference will be that all modulation will be audio rate - that's the plan anyway, but I'll see how it goes in terms of CPU hit once I've got everything properly optimised. I've also worked out a bunch of new maths, which is going to raise the bar considerably in terms of what is possible ITB with virtual analog synths :tu:
Looking forward to your new synth, just got Repro-5 which is sounding pretty awesome.

andy-cytomic wrote:

Fantastic. If you have audio rate modulation, you're getting into Bazille territory, which is one of my favorite territories :) What kind of oscillators are you planning?

microtuning please!
TUN or Scala whatever

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

andy-cytomic wrote:

audio rate modulation would be great.. also.. more than typical waveforms for the oscillators would be great.. some waveshaping/wavefolding/wave mult would be great.. serge wave mult is on of my fav things in modular. i've yet to encounter its likeness in software.

andy-cytomic wrote: Yep, new synth! It's a monster
God Dayumm Andy :love:

Please tease us a bit more! Any chances of granular synthesis? Sample manipulation? Will it have DROP's filter?

Also, i wanted to ask you whether it's possible to perform "Dynamic EQ sidechaining" using the Drop ?

I saw a plugin named TRACKSPACER 2.0 "which analyses the spectrum of the incoming sidechain signal and applies a reversed EQ curve to another track". Here's a video if you want to have a look :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrrXwf8TYbs

I don't want to waste any money buying other plugin, if the same can be done using the Drop. So thought of asking you directly.

Thank you :)

andy-cytomic wrote:

OMG!! Take my money already!! :D

Return to “Effects”