Freeware synths with MPE support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought a Seaboard Rise 49. It comes bundled with Equator (made for the Seaboard) and Strobe. You can set up Kontakt, Omnisphere, Massive and some other commercial synths to work with the seaboard too. In theory, any multitimbral synth should work with the Seaboard MPE. It does require all kinds of setups. As far as I know, only Equator and Strobe works instantly.
I was just wondering whether there are any free synths that integrates with the seaboard's "5 dimensions of touch" / MPE technology right out of the box so to speak?
Anyone? :)

Not that I've found, no.

For a list of instruments that work with MPE though, Roger Linn has a pretty good list on his website of sound generators that work with linnstrument.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Not that I've found, no.

For a list of instruments that work with MPE though, Roger Linn has a pretty good list on his website of sound generators that work with linnstrument.

It also depends on what host you use. If you use Cubase, you can get all the mpe goodness using VST3 note expression with their free Halion Sonic SE 3 and freely downloadable instruments for it. But with something else like bitwig, you'll get the per note pitch bend, but not the pressure or timbre.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It also depends on what host you use. If you use Cubase, you can get all the mpe goodness using VST3 note expression with their free Halion Sonic SE 3 and freely downloadable instruments for it. But with something else like bitwig, you'll get the per note pitch bend, but not the pressure or timbre.
I'm migrating from FL studio to either Bitwig or Reaper. Haven't decided yet. Bitwig 8-Track's included with the Seaboard and even though it's little more than a demo, you get to try out all the MPE functionality. When recording (MIDI or sound) , it looks like all 5 dimensions of touch are fully supported, as it is also claimed at Bitwig's website. Same goes for Reaper which I'm currently demoing.
When using FL for close to 10 years, it's extremely difficult trying to get into the workflow of a new DAW. I have no choice though, since FL doesn't support any kind of MPE at all. The Seaboard goes silent with MPE activated. Turn it of and it acts like a normal MIDI controller.

Return to “Instruments”