Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Whatever new bugs Cubase 9.5 has will be fixed in 9.5.10. They're saving most bug fixes for that update, which will also fix a ton of old issues.

Romantique Tp wrote:Whatever new bugs Cubase 9.5 has will be fixed in 9.5.10. They're saving most bug fixes for that update, which will also fix a ton of old issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LawrenceF wrote:Nice. I was wondering for years who was going to be the first to rip the handy pre/post thing from Ardour, which is a great feature, dragging a line (or a fader object in Ardour) to determine which plugins are pre and post fader.
DP has had that for a long time, too. For my money, that's the easiest/cleanest way to represent pre/post fx "at a glance" in the mixer. Very happy to see it in Cubase!
This is looking to be a pretty schnazzy update!
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download this update/full install from the MySteinberg account page (once paid for, of course).
(I don't have broadband so the download manager is useless for me.) :(
Thanks. :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download this update/full install from the MySteinberg account page (once paid for, of course).
Do you mean, a boxed package? What's the difference between downloading from account page vs downloading from the Manager if you don't have broadband?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Googly Smythe wrote:Can anyone tell me if it is possible to download this update/full install from the MySteinberg account page (once paid for, of course).
Just had a quick look around the site and on the FTP section and it looks like it's only via the download manager from now on.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Do you mean, a boxed package? What's the difference between downloading from account page vs downloading from the Manager if you don't have broadband?
I use my phone then copy files to my pc. It has a hot spot but it's a bit small.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ah, pretty sure you can use the manager on laptop so you could still go somewhere to download the file.

SJ_Digriz wrote:ah, pretty sure you can use the manager on laptop so you could still go somewhere to download the file.
PC is a desktop. :(

wickfut wrote:
Just had a quick look around the site and on the FTP section and it looks like it's only via the download manager from now on.
Does that mean that it's an online install only? If so, I'm stuck with 9.

Googly Smythe wrote:
wickfut wrote:
No it's not online only, but I think you have to have a computer (no mobile Android/iOS support) right now. I also thought I saw a physical copy option, but maybe I got confused with a different product.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
wickfut wrote:
No it's not online only, but I think you have to have a computer (no mobile Android/iOS support) right now. I also thought I saw a physical copy option, but maybe I got confused with a different product.
Ah well, fingers crossed.
Thanks gents. :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote:
wickfut wrote:
It just downloads .rar files. I have the full 11GB folder saved to a backup drive that I used to re-install 9.5 the other day after a OS wipe.

wickfut wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
wickfut wrote:
It just downloads .rar files. I have the full 11GB folder saved to a backup drive that I used to re-install 9.5 the other day after a OS wipe.
That's not so bad - I can use a friend's machine and copy to mine via a memory stick. :tu:

wickfut wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:Whatever new bugs Cubase 9.5 has will be fixed in 9.5.10. They're saving most bug fixes for that update, which will also fix a ton of old issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the useful post, but this was stated by Steinberg employees and beta testers themselves. One reason for the delay is that they're currently testing a second batch of UI performance improvements, which should almost completely eliminate the infamous UI lag on Mac.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”