Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

3147 posts since 7 Sep, 2004, from Paris (France)

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 am Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Dear KVR Members,

We are happy to announce the release of Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2, a free update for our comprehensive distortion and amp simulation plug-in.

This new version of the plug-in mainly brings user interface and workflow enhancements, with a new zoom feature to scale the graphical user interface, improved presets management, Retina displays support and a new installer on Mac. Several bug fixes and other improvements are included as well (full list below).

Also, new free "legendary guitar tone" presets are available for download from our website. Crafted by guitarist Hans Van Even, they match the tone of famous guitar performances (details and video demos here).

What's New in Destructor 1.2
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- New installer on Mac.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac.
- Misc performance enhancements.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed: the state of the plug-in was not fully restored when loading presets while bypassed.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-in formats.

As usual, updates are available for free to existing customers, using the link received by email upon purchase. New customers can purchase the plug-in with 10% off until December 5th.

Enjoy!
Robert Randolph
KVRAF

1843 posts since 25 May, 2003, from Saint Petersburg, Florida

Postby Robert Randolph; Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Great update to an already great product.

Thank you.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio/DAW stuff, Woodworking, Programming and more... new posts twice a week or more.
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Thanks! Glad that you like it! :tu:
egbert101
KVRAF

1523 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:25 pm Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Thanks for update. The GUI resize is really welcomed. Love this plugin!
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Blue Cat's Destructor 1.21 maintenance release is now available! It is recommended to update to this new version as it fixes a bug in version 1.2 that could impact the sound of the plug-in.

What's new in Destructor 1.21:
-Fixed issue with dynamics source selection in the destruction module (worked only with preamp signal in version 1.2).
michaeltn86
KVRist

118 posts since 7 Jun, 2016

Postby michaeltn86; Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:55 pm Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

I am going to make another clean install in my computer and by chance I thought "I, will test the plugins to make sure to not install them again".

fired the destructor up and was blown away. it really behaves like an amp!!!

I don't buy plugin with NFR, but I might give an exception to this one. mind blown.

how are u using this? what did it replace? are u needing Multiband compressions to get rid of the amp nastiness? I only have tried the clean presets yet, but I'm really impressed.

I hate the word in audio, but it does sound organic.

in my opinion, plugin alliance are the one I like the most, but I have a feeling this one can sound better! :]

please share u experience with it :]
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor 1.2 Distortion & Amp Sim Plug-In Released

Glad that you like it! :tu: It took us more than five years to get there!

There is is some insight about the making of Destructor for guitar amp simulation (and more) on our blog. The main "secret" to get the amp feeling right was the dynamic distortion curve that adapts to your playing - it took years to tweak its behavior:

That's typically what makes the difference on clean sounds: it acts as an enhancer and compressor at the same time - a bit like tubes in the real world.

But Destructor is also more than that: have you checked the "Dynamics" presets category? As explained in the manual, it can be used to model many kinds of non-linear processors that adapt their response to the input signal. And it also has a side chain for crazy people who want to try side chain distortion.

If you have too much "nastiness" with highly distorted sounds, you can get rid of some of the higher frequencies by manually tweaking the post filter:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects