StonEQ 4k by Sonimus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StonEQ 4k

sfxsound3 wrote: Is it just me and Everglide, or this EQ really sounds stunning? Like, best EQ ever? I've been demoing it intensively in my music player - can't believe what I'm hearing. WTF is going on??? :o
Just bought it! It`s a great sounding EQ with a fast workflow.

All the bands sound good to my ears. Should be getting a lot of use..

New GUI is ready to download!

New GUI is 50% better than the last one but still a no go for me. It looks blurred.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

And there are the presets conveniently... UI change is an improvement imho.

Some UI designers need to pay attention to hierarchy. When an important control is smaller than the logo, you have to ask, "Is that right?" The filter knobs are barely bigger than the faux rack screws.

For me, an hpf is often the only eq move needed on most channels. It needs to be on the left of the UI to be intuitive and in line with existing eq convention, and big enough not to be fiddly.

These xtra small knobs seem to be finding their way into many otherwise promising plugins :(
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Aloysius wrote:New GUI is 50% better than the last one but still a no go for me. It looks blurred.
I find the new interface 67% better then the 32% of the initial version hence I bought it :D
(couldn't look at the initial marketing PICTURE upon inception).

I really hope Sweetone would undergo the same treatment. I was not aware of the visual effect it had on me, upon its inception... but not long after - I simply erased it and didn't go back since.

Sweetone remedied (visually speaking) + drive facility - would make it a first love again (and WILL make it a "Sweet-Tone").
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

... and we will all live happily ever after. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

How much lower is the CPU consumption on the full version?

(I'd say about 50% .... ish, judging by the other Sonimus plugins I own, but this one generally has a slightly higher CPU consumption than their other stuff, so I won't speculate.)

A little bit late, but to answer about CPU consuption if anyone is wondering: with the demo version, my CPU was 60% with one instance of the plug in on 100 empty tracks, and after buying it, it was only 11% ; the consumption is even lower than the Waves SSL version.

Great sound, very low CPU, I found the holy grail of my plugins !

I see Sonimus is at it again. This looks to be very promising. What does everyone think of the sound??

Return to “Effects”