Nyquist Generator released, makes vocal basses like it's nothing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey peeps, just want to let you know we are releasing the next awesome oscilloscope music synth. You know... it was not actually meant for music... Jerobeam says it's just a demonstration tool

...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!! 8)

This thing is a lot of fun to use, I made a funny Lemmings game-music-remix utilizing the very formanty-singy sound you can easily get out of it:

hearthis.at/soundemote/nyquist-generator-quick-audio-demo/
I love lemmings music. :cry:

here's the product page, Alejandro has been killing it with the web design: https://www.soundemote.com/products/nyquist-generator

Check it out, and don't forget to send in any audio clips you come up with. I hope some dubstep producers take this synth and abuse it, it's really easy to get that aggressive and uncanny "talky" type sound with this algorithm. Want to say one last thing about one goal for Soundemote. I'm finding that there's a lot of nostalgic and retro sounds you can create with the oscilloscope music synthesizer series in the vein of Lemmings or Commander Keen "Adlib Soundblaster" type FM, a kind modern interpretation, where it very much reminds you of those classic sounds, but then has a kind of badassness or more expressive twang.

I will be working on Torus Generator next. It'll do those FM sounds as well and it will be awesome for "synth pop" basses and leads. I will be creating patches with these things in mind and streaming the preset creation process.

Man you have serious skills, sounds very good as usual!

Loving the sound of the Nyquist Generator - this could be a secret weapon!!!

This is brilliant, nicely done! I think this will become the weaboo nightcore synth of choice, that first vocal lead made me laugh out loud but actually sounds super clean and present.

Playing around with the demo and getting some amazing artifacts right on the brink of the feedback breaking up. All sorts of warbly stereo madness. The tempo/pitch settings are interesting and unique - I don't really have a clue how this thing works but every parameter appears to do something cool...

Hez wrote:I don't really have a clue how this thing works but every parameter appears to do something cool...
Yes, I've been meaning to do a video tutorial series.

Nyquist Generator is a dual oscillator synth where both oscillators are panned HARD LEFT and HARD RIGHT. Set stereo rotate to 0.125 for a more even stereo image, things will sound bit more cohesive. Most of the factory presets and the init patch has that setting as well.

I'm thinking of doing some free plugins and introducing the Chaos Series with a free little Lorenz Attractor with 3d rotation, some interesting feedback routings, and midi playability.

Also, I want to release a free audio 3D rotator, you'll be able to FSU your sound with some LFOs, this will be coming to all Soundemote synths and PrettyScope in the near future as well. PrettyScope will be getting a 3rd input for X/Y/Z sound just in case someone happens to have a 3D synth lying around. :tu: (Or I wonder what would happen if you just throw in any old signal into the X/Y/Z input and mix in 3D)

So, exciting things coming. Slowly but surely.

The next OMS synth will be Torus Generator, btw, it's the more well-behaved brother of Spiral Generator, more controls, easier to explore perhaps.

Return to “Instruments”