The end of the Cold War - "Sonar vs. Cubase"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonar died. So there is no more cold war being continued for decades. Any opinion?

It wasn't defeated a long time ago?!

Well, at least in my PC territory, Sonar was defeated long time ago, and now the cold war is between Reaper/FL Studio from one side and Cubase from another! :hihi: (in my PC, I don't know about the world!)

I started out with Sonar. Up until a few years ago, I never even gave Cubase a chance because of the dongle. Now, I absolutely love Cubase 9.5 Pro. Cakewalk has been nothing but a long line of disappointments for me. The first being when they stopped developing Project 5 Version 2, which looks a lot like Bitwig, but was actually released years earlier. The next was their terrible midi implementation. I had a feeling that things were going down the toilet when they started that "Lifetime Updates" deal. The deal didn't last long, but once your hardcore users buy in, how are you planning on making money?

FWIW, I feel sorry for the employees of Cakewalk. I'd be lying if I said I feel bad for the Cakewalk forum users. I don't know what that wolf pack of rabid fanboy fools is gonna do now that IT'S ALL OVER!!!! I certainly won't miss the classic Cakewalk Forum Beatdowns that they used to hand out on a regular basis anytime any new unsuspecting user would post a question about something that Sonar was lacking.

Dolphins are happy at least. :hihi:

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”