Synthmaster cannot find data files.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying to update to version 2.8.10 but when I tried to open Ableton it says it cannot find the data files and that I should reinstall. I've seen another post about this and it didn't get resolved. Is there a known fix for this?

Is there somewhere I can find a download to version 2.8.9?? That was working just fine for me honestly I only updated because the pop-up is a bit annoying every time I open a new window.

Please help I'm very nervous about this as most of my music uses Synthmaster and if I do a clean wipe I'm worried I'll lose all my presets in my live tracks. When you use synthmaster with a DAW are the info (what instrument it was) files stored within the DAW or Synthmaster?

Hi there

I assume you are on Windows, right? If so please rerun the full setup (not update), and please double check the installation locations.

Did you contact us at http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Hi there

I assume you are on Windows, right? If so please rerun the full setup (not update), and please double check the installation locations.

Did you contact us at http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx ?
Yes, Windows 10. I just sent a contact message in.

What is the difference between and full set up and an update? They're the same .exe file, no?

Found the .exe for the full download and the error message is gone now but the VST doesn't show up in ableton. It's in the correct folder.

dh39 wrote:Found the .exe for the full download and the error message is gone now but the VST doesn't show up in ableton. It's in the correct folder.
Are you sure? Where did you install the dll? Try rescanning. Did the license key file dialog pop up ?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
dh39 wrote:Found the .exe for the full download and the error message is gone now but the VST doesn't show up in ableton. It's in the correct folder.
Are you sure? Where did you install the dll? Try rescanning. Did the license key file dialog pop up ?
.dll is in my X:\VST\ folder along with my other working VSTs. Rescanning does not help and no license key file dialog popped up when I ran the stand-alone which I've never run before.

edit: Also any idea on if I will lose my custom presets in ableton due to the uninstallation?

Bump.

Are there archives for past versions?

Return to “Instruments”