Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
User avatar
msvs
KVRian
 
935 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

there is already a "comment" field in the info tab for this

Thanks for this. I didn't figure it out but, maybe when you get a few minutes spare sometime you can do a short tutorial?


could you explain where the problem is? You want to modulate different things (for example Volume) of the Stacker layers, with 1 mod env, right? Well then just drag and drop the mod env tab (the 6 dots icon on the tab) over each stacker volume, then you have it.
godly
KVRian
 
708 posts since 22 May, 2013, from Gent, Belgium

Postby godly; Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:55 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

noiseboyuk wrote:
godly wrote:Programming question:
How to create a pure PWM function in Avenger? Couldn't find it in the manual?


A first for me, I can answer a programming question! Create a square wave, modulate X side with an LFO set to triangle and set to a fairly slow speed. Pinch of salt and serve with a crisp salad.

Thx, noiseboyuk, gotta try that.
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj
ZaBong69
KVRist
 
116 posts since 5 Oct, 2015

Postby ZaBong69; Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

godly wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
godly wrote:Programming question:
How to create a pure PWM function in Avenger? Couldn't find it in the manual?


A first for me, I can answer a programming question! Create a square wave, modulate X side with an LFO set to triangle and set to a fairly slow speed. Pinch of salt and serve with a crisp salad.

Thx, noiseboyuk, gotta try that.


As always in Avenger, there is a few more ways to skin that cat. Here are two:

1. You will find several wavetables that do PWM by entering "PWM" in the search function. Some of these sound very nice as they seem to come from hardware synths. Use the index knob to scan the PWM.

2. Use one oscillator with a saw and another one with an inverted one (just draw it freeform, it's actually fun doing so). By detuning the saws you get very rich and full sounding PWM-like breathing. This is called the Minimoog-Trick as the Minimoog had no PWM of its own for its square wave, but an inverted saw in its OSC waveforms.

Just PM me here on KVR with an Email address and I send you the patch.

K
godly
KVRian
 
708 posts since 22 May, 2013, from Gent, Belgium

Postby godly; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:56 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

ZaBong69 wrote:
godly wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
godly wrote:Programming question:
How to create a pure PWM function in Avenger? Couldn't find it in the manual?


A first for me, I can answer a programming question! Create a square wave, modulate X side with an LFO set to triangle and set to a fairly slow speed. Pinch of salt and serve with a crisp salad.

Thx, noiseboyuk, gotta try that.


As always in Avenger, there is a few more ways to skin that cat. Here are two:

1. You will find several wavetables that do PWM by entering "PWM" in the search function. Some of these sound very nice as they seem to come from hardware synths. Use the index knob to scan the PWM.

2. Use one oscillator with a saw and another one with an inverted one (just draw it freeform, it's actually fun doing so). By detuning the saws you get very rich and full sounding PWM-like breathing. This is called the Minimoog-Trick as the Minimoog had no PWM of its own for its square wave, but an inverted saw in its OSC waveforms.

Just PM me here on KVR with an Email address and I send you the patch.

K

Very intresting !
My sounddesign: Synth1/Ex5/D-50 patches https://goo.gl/zE3pkk
My stuff: W10x64i7 15" laptop, Reaper/Cantabile3+Synth1+Avenger on stage+NordStage2+Samson Graphite 49
Loving new VPS Avenger! Check my skins! https://goo.gl/MBNJHj
sircuit
KVRist
 
259 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:16 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

DaveEdwards wrote:Hey Manuel,

Think I found a bug in newest version - on OS X (Ableton Live 9.7) I can't seem to adjust the inner ring of a rotary knob without it also adjusting the outer knob value when using the trackpad. Holding control while adjusting a knob causes both values to move equally. Any workaround?


This is not a workaround, is how everything (mac & avenger) supposed to work:

Go to Settings -> Trackpad and see (Point & Click section) if the "Secondary click" is checked and assigned to "Click with two fingers". If it is, then you should be able to move the inner ring when clicking the trackpad with two fingers and move the knob when clicking with one finger.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
lavizh
KVRist
 
78 posts since 30 Nov, 2016

Postby lavizh; Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Where is the license file located? Just purchased Analog Expansion but i cannot find the System ID to download the new keyfile.
Tried to follow this http://www.vengeance-storage.com/file/H ... 0FINAL.pdf but i guess i have to remove avenger then reinstall it again to see this message? That can't seriously be true??

edit : nevermind, i found the license file and System ID ! :)
Amram
KVRist
 
359 posts since 12 Jan, 2013, from A foolish shepherd = God

Postby Amram; Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:59 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

lavizh wrote:Where is the license file located? Just purchased Analog Expansion but i cannot find the System ID to download the new keyfile.
Tried to follow this http://www.vengeance-storage.com/file/H ... 0FINAL.pdf but i guess i have to remove avenger then reinstall it again to see this message? That can't seriously be true??

edit : nevermind, i found the license file and System ID ! :)


I asked myself where is avenger license is on mac ? :?
Anyone?
lavizh
KVRist
 
78 posts since 30 Nov, 2016

Postby lavizh; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:25 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Don't know about MAC; i just searched for the file : AVGR.license and deleted it. Then started the DAW again, then Avenger asked for a license and revealed my System ID.
sircuit
KVRist
 
259 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Postby sircuit; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Amram wrote:
lavizh wrote:Where is the license file located? Just purchased Analog Expansion but i cannot find the System ID to download the new keyfile.
Tried to follow this http://www.vengeance-storage.com/file/H ... 0FINAL.pdf but i guess i have to remove avenger then reinstall it again to see this message? That can't seriously be true??

edit : nevermind, i found the license file and System ID ! :)


I asked myself where is avenger license is on mac ? :?
Anyone?


Open Finder, press Command-Shift-G, paste without quotes "~/Library/Application Support/Vengeance/VPS Avenger/" ahd hit Go
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X
MikeCallon
KVRist
 
269 posts since 2 Jan, 2004

Postby MikeCallon; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

When you've imported the new content there's no need to delete any licenses. Just remove the instance of Avenger from your DAW and then re-add a new instance. The license dialog will open automatically. Works for me on Windows in Live 9 anyway :D
HSum
KVRist
 
37 posts since 28 Aug, 2017

Postby HSum; Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:26 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Anyone else thinks their license system now is a bit of a mess? I have 2 expansions but couldn't make them appear valid at the same time. I then spent nearly 2 hours of searching for the system id (an no, just deleting the license file and loading the plugin didn't work), copying, pasting, registering, importing, uninstalling, but only after removing everything from avenger (files, registry entries) and a clean install I got my expansions valid inside avenger. This is very very very annoying since all worked fine with their "old" license system. I hate when devs change a basic function of their software which they could have made right from the beginning.
User avatar
msvs
KVRian
 
935 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby msvs; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:37 pm Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

we didnt do this out of fun... it was necessary to prevent the using of the crack and misuse by sharing XPs.
But according to our support, it works flawlessy for 99%. Please contact us, there must be a mistake somewhere
the3ug3reeder
KVRist
 
87 posts since 28 May, 2013, from MUC

Postby the3ug3reeder; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

think I found a BUG...
when editing a DRM SQ, the tool switcher buttons stop reacting after a few edits.
I have this problem in Reaper as well as in Reason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the3ug3reeder
KVRist
 
87 posts since 28 May, 2013, from MUC

Postby the3ug3reeder; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:20 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

... I've only recently started using this synth and I LOVE IT!!
super awesome inspiring and fast workflow.

one thing I would like to see as a new feature would be MIDI OUTPUT... particularly from the DRM SQ though the ARPs and STEP SQs would be really sweet to have as well.
User avatar
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv
 
2166 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 am Re: Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - free 1.2.6 update with new filter

Just to share with the group:

Factory preset LD My Analog Friend is quite wonderful when used as a substitute for a "sweet singing type of voice".

Played straight out of the box it sounds okay, pleasant, musical definitely.

But with careful twiddling of all three macro knobs, it produces nuances that are very singing like, something quite unusual for a synth.

Praise to the programmer for giving us this one :tu:
Member 12, Studio One 3, Avenger, Komplete Ultimate, Dune, Spire (make me an offer), Shreddage, Battery, BFD3, Izotope Neutron & Ozone
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments