Sonic Anomaly Unlimited (free limiter)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw this gem on Bedroom Producer's Blog. I've used these guys's JS effects and they were super quality, so I gave this new free limiter VST a spin and was pretty blown away. It's transparent, retains transients in a pretty way, and can even work in 5.1 surround. Anyone tried this yet?

http://sonic.supermaailma.net/plugins

I tried it out last night and thought it was great in stereo limiter mode (on some mixed tracks). I haven't tried the 5.1 surround settings.

Very nice sounding limiter.
It's easy if you know how

The Sonic Anomaly effects are really great : Transpire has a gorgeous gui, Slax is easy to use and sounds good, their 4 bands mastering limiter is also worthwhile... I need to check this one !
Thank you, Sonic Anomaly (and Crimson Merry for the GUIs !).

This limiter is excellent! Thanks, Sonic Anomaly!

Excellent limiter, thank you so much !!
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Thanks, glad to hear you guys are enjoying it as much as i do! :tu:

Didn't test them yet but they look cool.

Elegant interfaces.

After some testing using it as a mastering maximizer I've found that Unlimited is as good as it gets in the freeware maximizer world, and thanks to the Classic Mode (volume won't get up as treshold goes down) , True Peak with ISP awareness,etc. is the most versitile and easy to use.
Tested against Limiter n6, DeadDuck Limiter, Loudmax, Limiter Snapin and others, the only one that gets louder without pumping and/or loosing bass is Limiter n6 used with two limiting stages and multiband clipping.
With Limiter6 used only the multiband clipping stage before Unlimited I've got a even clearer result than L6 alone.

Try it with sharpest Character setting, True Peak and experiment on Response, you'll have your limiting needs satisfied :wink:

super good limiter

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:How do you set the ceiling on this? No matter what I set the 'Out' slider to the master channel goes into the red.
I hit it with 30 dB and it stays where I have set the Out level to, True Peak or not.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Lesha wrote:
Vortifex wrote:How do you set the ceiling on this? No matter what I set the 'Out' slider to the master channel goes into the red.
I hit it with 30 dB and it stays where I have set the Out level to, True Peak or not.
Thanks for replying. On the default setting when it loads up it boosts my mix from -19 LUFS to -9, and with the output set at -0.10db with True Peak enabled it goes into the red by 3.3db. Maybe it doesn't work in FL Studio.
Could be, I use it in Ableton Live.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”