Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jinotsuh wrote:Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again

Yeeehaaa, just as I predicted here in a post almost 2 years ago, that Cakewalk would be gone within 2 years, and so it has come to pass :D

Congratulations, you sound like a brain-dead, high school dropout Trump supporter. Real people lost their jobs right before the holidays and you're happy that you guessed it right two years ago? Wow, that must be a major accomplishment in your pathetic little life if you've been sitting around waiting for two years to claim what a visionary you are.

Get a life, loser. That's just pathetic. :idiot:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

It's all because they let Cal die and never updated the notation...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

I just heard the news that Cakewalk’s Boston HQ offices have closed. My name is Anthony Conte (currently VP for the Mixcraft DAW), and I spent 19 years at Cakewalk, including 12 years as the Vice President of Sales. For decades I worked with many of the brilliant, incredibly talented folks that now find themselves out of a job. My heart aches for the current Cakewalkers and the thousands of SONAR users across the globe. Simply put, this is the end of an era in the world of MIDI and Digital Audio recording.

While I do not know the fate of SONAR or what Gibson’s plans are for Cakewalk, I can assure all the current Cakewalkers that their future is bright. For the last six years, I have been lucky enough to have landed at a like-minded company, Acoustica, makers of Mixcraft 8, an award-winning DAW for the PC. Not coincidentally enough, Acoustica freakishly reminds me of the early days at Cakewalk. A small but growing music software company made up of great people who are passionate, innovative, hard-working, and who have all become my family.

Acoustica is committed to making Mixcraft a DAW that SONAR users will want to seriously consider adopting. I would be remiss if I did not let you know that beginning now thru Cyber Monday, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is on sale for only $99. If you’d like to take a look at Mixcraft, please visit Acoustica.com for more details or a free trial.

For those interested in reading about the history of Cakewalk from my perspective, please read my blog anthonyshomestudio.com

Thanks,
Anthony Conte

acoustica wrote:I just heard the news that Cakewalk’s Boston HQ offices have closed. My name is Anthony Conte (currently VP for the Mixcraft DAW), and I spent 19 years at Cakewalk, including 12 years as the Vice President of Sales. For decades I worked with many of the brilliant, incredibly talented folks that now find themselves out of a job. My heart aches for the current Cakewalkers and the thousands of SONAR users across the globe. Simply put, this is the end of an era in the world of MIDI and Digital Audio recording.

While I do not know the fate of SONAR or what Gibson’s plans are for Cakewalk, I can assure all the current Cakewalkers that their future is bright. For the last six years, I have been lucky enough to have landed at a like-minded company, Acoustica, makers of Mixcraft 8, an award-winning DAW for the PC. Not coincidentally enough, Acoustica freakishly reminds me of the early days at Cakewalk. A small but growing music software company made up of great people who are passionate, innovative, hard-working, and who have all become my family.

Acoustica is committed to making Mixcraft a DAW that SONAR users will want to seriously consider adopting. I would be remiss if I did not let you know that beginning now thru Cyber Monday, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is on sale for only $99. If you’d like to take a look at Mixcraft, please visit Acoustica.com for more details or a free trial.

For those interested in reading about the history of Cakewalk from my perspective, please read my blog anthonyshomestudio.com

Thanks,
Anthony Conte

haha nice :hihi:

but for real, I think you all make a great DAW and I do own it. I just prefer Studio 1 most of the time.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

acoustica wrote:I just heard the news that Cakewalk’s Boston HQ offices have closed. My name is Anthony Conte (currently VP for the Mixcraft DAW), and I spent 19 years at Cakewalk, including 12 years as the Vice President of Sales. For decades I worked with many of the brilliant, incredibly talented folks that now find themselves out of a job. My heart aches for the current Cakewalkers and the thousands of SONAR users across the globe. Simply put, this is the end of an era in the world of MIDI and Digital Audio recording.

Thanks,
Anthony Conte

The body's not even cold yet... :neutral:
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

vespesian wrote:

Thanks,
Anthony Conte

it pretty much is and BTW that article he wrote is very interesting. His link did not work but here it is http://www.anthonyshomestudio.com/
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Gibson could grab money from peasants if they do "Black Friday Sale!" and "Cyber Monday Sale!"

vespesian wrote:

Thanks,
Anthony Conte

Steinberg did the same thing when Emagic was acquired by Apple. Happens all the time.

tooneba wrote:Gibson could grab money from peasants if they do "Black Friday Sale!" and "Cyber Monday Sale!"
Sonar is actually on sale at Plugin Boutique:

Rofl :wheee:

Thanks,
Anthony Conte
One man's death is another man's bread .
Sounds like your taking this oppurtunity to promote your own daw , verry tactfull :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks,
Anthony Conte
Hi Anthony:

We had the oportunity to work together, when I was directing the department of your distributor in Portugal. Glad to see you here, and that you are working at Acoustica. I've been following Mixcraft, and I will probably download the demo to take a look.

Anyway, I hope, for the sake of the thousands of users of Cakewalk, and because I believe that SONAR is a good product, which, in the right hands, can become a great product, that someone with a better vision (like what Yamaha did with Steinberg) pick up Cakewalk. The company had been unfortunate with the adoptice parents that it had. First Roland, who never had a vision about what they wanted from Cakewalkj, and just left it floating, then Gibson, which has a track of graves behind , as someone said (Opcode, Oberheim, Steinberger, to just name a few) and with nasty histories mixed. Very unfortunate.
Fernando (FMR)

cryophonik wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:Happy days are here again

Yeeehaaa, just as I predicted here in a post almost 2 years ago, that Cakewalk would be gone within 2 years, and so it has come to pass :D

X
Congratulations, you sound like a brain-dead, high school dropout Trump supporter. Real people lost their jobs right before the holidays and you're happy that you guessed it right two years ago? Wow, that must be a major accomplishment in your pathetic little life if you've been sitting around waiting for two years to claim what a visionary you are.

Get a life, loser. That's just pathetic. :idiot:
You know what pathos is for real? To shelter behind the back of (soon) former Cakewalk employees with the -only- intention to spread your hate for Trump here. While there was not any need for unnecessary (political) name dropping in this thread FYI. Nor any reason whatsoever. It just makes you another mischievous hater. That's all. My 2c.

tooneba wrote:Gibson could grab money from peasants if they do "Black Friday Sale!" and "Cyber Monday Sale!"
Or lifetime updates :wink:
No auto tune...

The safest DAW is Fruity Loops because it uses a simple reg key CP. It also has free lifetime updates.
No signature here!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”