Reason 10 incoming

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

festeringheap wrote:
Since you can buy it at jrrshop.com now for 84 dollars maybe the voucher should be for 45 dollars.
Yeah this... I just ran the trial after the launch and just bought it now, trial hasn't even expired.

Anyway, next time might be good to remember, most companies will reset the trail period following a beta IME.

-Cheers

Benutzername wrote:
Dogboy73 wrote: I had an email when I woke up this morning. If you are expecting one & it doesn't arrive I guess the only thing you can do is email Propellerhead. Good luck with that! I bet they are going to get bombarded with emails over this one.
Thanks for the quote. Seems like I'm getting screwed by PH. Again.
If you bought the upgrade at any point before the Black Friday sale, we have e-mailed you a voucher. If you haven't received it and bought an upgrade, it's likely you've opted out of getting e-mails from us. Then we can't really send you one, it'd be iffy from a legal perspective. If that's the case, our support team can help!

And yeah, it's a sale pretty close after release but it's a result of a weird release schedule, being close to Black Friday where pretty much the entire industry discounts their products. Tricky timing, hence the voucher which I hope makes up for it a bit. :party:

got my Reason 10 upgrade thanks to the Black Friday deal and I absolutely love both Europa and Grain!

Anosou wrote:If you bought the upgrade at any point before the Black Friday sale, we have e-mailed you a voucher. If you haven't received it and bought an upgrade, it's likely you've opted out of getting e-mails from us.
Of course I have. There were times where you were puking out masses of ads via email and the only way to stop it was to disable these ad(!)-emails. When you link your ad system to your customer service then this says a lot about your business ethics.

If I have to accept to be polluted with crap to get an early adopter compensation or free addons (like Synchronous for R7 users and others) then you can keep this voucher for yourself. Buying something with this voucher would always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Can someone confirm midi drag n drop and import is updated please?

Just drag midi from ezdrummer to a selected track and also import midi files to selected track.

If this is updated I’m going to upgrade when I can. I just need confirmation.

Previously it would create a new track every time. Which is great but I’ve been waiting for a import or drag to selected track option and someone on here said it’s been updated but couldn’t 100% confirm it. My daw is down at the moment.

memyselfandus wrote:Can someone confirm midi drag n drop and import is updated please?

Just drag midi from ezdrummer to a selected track and also import midi files to selected track.

If this is updated I’m going to upgrade when I can. I just need confirmation.

Previously it would create a new track every time. Which is great but I’ve been waiting for a import or drag to selected track option and someone on here said it’s been updated but couldn’t 100% confirm it. My daw is down at the moment.
In version 9.5.x though 10, if you drag a MIDI clip to a sequencer track that already has a device, then it will replace the MIDI data - it doesn't create a new device. The only time it creates a new ID8 device is if you use the import function to no particular track, or drag it to the sequencer without a track lane already created. I don't have EZdrummer, but I have Sonic Charge Microtonic, and with Microtonic I can drag MIDI clips out of Microtonic onto any device I want in my rack.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Thank you!

Can you use vst midi effects in Reason 10?

memyselfandus wrote:Can you use vst midi effects in Reason 10?
Yes, though I believe support is limited to 2.x.

Just to chime in. I've given Reason grief because of the tiny interface icons and text. I'd never actually given it a spin on the Mac. I still believe it needs a scaling interface, but it's so much easier to change the working resolution with OS X that it isn't as big a concern for me on that platform. Still, who wants to be doing that all the time...

jonljacobi wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:Can you use vst midi effects in Reason 10?
Yes, though I believe support is limited to 2.x.

Thank you!

jonljacobi wrote:Just to chime in. I've given Reason grief because of the tiny interface icons and text. I'd never actually given it a spin on the Mac. I still believe it needs a scaling interface, but it's so much easier to change the working resolution with OS X that it isn't as big a concern for me on that platform. Still, who wants to be doing that all the time...
I enjoyed the ride that Reason provided, from June of 2001 right through to version 7.0, with rock solid stability, but I grew tired of it's shortcomings, and the cost to update/replace ageing devices with RE's. That's what I did and I put the cost to do that as what a couple of upgrades would cost to upgrade Reason each year, but it wasn't enough, because core things weren't being updated, or updated properly...which was more evident in Reason 8 which I thought was a shambles in so many ways, it wasn't funny, that it bugged me so much that I decided to completely redesign Reason's gui, including it's SSL Mixer to which I made public. I've seen very little to change my view on how things have developed right up to Reason 10.

I'm use to looking at small things in Daws, I build instruments with small elements but they accommodate 1920 pixels in width. I can upscale to higher resolutions if I need to in the future. But with Reason and it's instruments, I have no control in which to do that. To retain any sanity to use Reason, you need a minimum of two screens and a magnifying glass.

In 2014 I switch to Studio One, and although I have the option to detach the mixer to another screen if I want to, the feeling I need to just isn't there as it is with Reason.

Rewire from Studio One to Reason is there but I really never feel the need to use it given the options available to me. That's my story of the day anyway.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

They need to upscale the GUI. It’s been tooooo long. I need a big refresh before I upgrade again. I’ve upgraded from Reason 2 and I’m sticking with 9.5 until they upscale the resolution. My creativity has sky rocketed since they’ve added VST capabilities and I’m happy overall. Hope I don’t have to wait until Reason 15 for a GUI refresh.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”