Boz digital labs Manic Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is no copy protection fyi, so no need to worry if he disappears
Last edited by VariKusBrainZ on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:There is no copy protection fyi, so no need to sorry if he disappears
Klanghelm doesn't use copy protection as well yet he's doing fine.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Currently on sale for just $39, which is.. a steal for such a good compressor if you'd ask me. Worth a look :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcMxv01Fck
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

^ Boz Digital Labs Manic Compressor $32.99 @ Audiodeluxe.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Strange, i check Manic demo just now, and can't run sidechain mode in Manic in Studio One 3 (Windows 64bit). I switch upper SC UI button to External mode respectively etc. Also tried other various ways - nope.
As well for just in case check sidechain work in Boz Transgressor (as well in S1) - works fine. :shrug:

c_voltage wrote:Strange, i check Manic demo just now, and can't run sidechain mode in Manic in Studio One 3 (Windows 64bit). I switch upper SC UI button to External mode respectively etc. Also tried other various ways - nope.
As well for just in case check sidechain work in Boz Transgressor (as well in S1) - works fine. :shrug:
same here in FL Studio. The sidechain is activated in the wrapper and in the plugin. However, when pressing listen there is no signal coming thru...(vst3, 64bit)

EDIT: the VST2 version DOES apply the sidechained signal. Seems to be a VST3 issue

If you're after dynamics plugins the Flux Studio Session pack is an excellent deal at the moment, worth it just for Session Verb alone, let alone the several dynamics plugins in the bundle
Amazon: why not use an alternative

exmatproton wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Strange, i check Manic demo just now, and can't run sidechain mode in Manic in Studio One 3 (Windows 64bit). I switch upper SC UI button to External mode respectively etc. Also tried other various ways - nope.
same here in FL Studio. The sidechain is activated in the wrapper and in the plugin. However, when pressing listen there is no signal coming thru...(vst3, 64bit)

EDIT: the VST2 version DOES apply the sidechained signal. Seems to be a VST3 issue
Yep i tried exactly vst3 version (did not install vst2, because thought that SC will work better in vst3, fun) hm ok ty for info.

Hi there.
Can anybody tell whether this Compressor has an audio gain. I mean stays the volume level always the same, even when you push the compressor up in level?

I think this is one of the most important feature for objective and relaxed mixing any compressor should have.

Thank you in advance.

nichttuntun wrote:Hi there.
Can anybody tell whether this Compressor has an audio gain? I mean is the volume output level always the same, even when you push the compressor in up?

KLANGHELM superb comps do so. Whats about BOZs machines?

I think this is one of the most important feature for objective and relaxed mixing any compressor should have. It prevents to be fooled by the "louder is better sounding"-mistake.

Thank you in advance.
P.S.
Sorry for double-posting. I just wanted to edit my previous post and accidentally pressed quote. I did not find a delete post button :(

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you. Oh, maybe when enough people want a change here the boys at BOZ do an update? Did they ever one for their plugins? I consider buying ...

I bought it and played around for an hour or so. And I like it very much. Easy to use very transparent and powerful sounding.

I compared it with the MJUC by KLANGHELM and on a drum mix (sub- channel -sum) the MANIC COMPRESSOR sounded less muffled. But I came to the conclusion that you really can't and should not compare these two units. They sound different, have completely different concepts and sound manipulating possibilities and they are both very good in my opinion for what they can do.

I am happy that I bought during sale and I think 39 dollars is a very fair price.

Have joy and creativity.
Last edited by nichttuntun on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry double post... cannot delete.

Hi,
I'm wondering if this Manic compressor is a good choice for fat techno/heavy kick ?
Because all the reviews, videos, etc... I saw are about instrumental music/accoustic drum, etc...
None about electronic music, techno, etc....
And not really convince me.
I know all the compressor can work with all music styles, but some are better for electronic music (techno, etc...) and some better for accoustic.

Return to “Effects”