Hybrid 3 (Plugin Boutique)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw this advert on facebook for £1, thought it too good to be true, but in fact it really is £1, so I got it.

What they don't tell you that is uses iLok , and the iLok license manager. I absolutely hate this, you buy something thinking it's going to be usable , yet you are scuppered by protection.

The iLok manager has cause no end of issues with crashing, hanging , all sorts for my DAW or system, in fact it's awful, so why they don't mention this on the page of the VST I don't know, because i'd not have wasted my time.

If this synth was more than £1 i'd be even more pissed off, but even so, I asked PB for a refund, and they can take it back, not that I care much for £1 but none the less, why use this stupid iLok system, eLicenser is bad enough, sooner Steinberg dump the dongle the happier i'll be, but that's a separate issue.

Just a heads up.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

The page i am looking at clearly states at the bottom

Please Note:

Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
200MB free hard drive space required (Download and Installation)
Internet Access required (Download and Authorization)
No iLok key required

Any mention of iLok should be enough to warn you.
But i guess you wanted to moan about iLok more than you wanted to read the FULL DESCRIPTION
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

This is nonsense, all AIR plugins are iLok-protected. You can't activate them just with serial or whatever. Or more precisely, AIR lies in that matter.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You dont neet the "iLok key" - the hardware. This is no lie.
But it uses the software iLok authorisation. Never had a problem with that, to be honest.

Correct. No ilok key required. Just the app. You don't have any other plugs that use that? I have I think around 10 from different companies. Hybrid is one of the best sounding vsts I own (and I own about 100). For $1, it is a criminal steal.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Never had a single issue with ilok, software or hardware.

For balance.

ilok and elicencer sit on a spare mobo usb header cable inside the pc. Never touched them, never had an issue with them.

£1 for a great synth and people still find something to complain about. Brilliant

Nice synth I bought it.

ckoe wrote:Nice synth I bought it.
Me too :hihi:
https://youtu.be/85cL1HisrNc

Hybrid 3 comes with galore of presets and now costs almost the same as a bus ticket here.

Never had an issue with iLok. Hybrid 3 is a fab synth for £1 :phones:

NB) Xpand!2 is free from Audiodeluxe at the mo.
Last edited by db3 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

topaz wrote:Never had a single issue with ilok, software or hardware.

For balance.

So you dont use it either :hihi:

I just got it and 3 expansion packs and did not pay a penny because i had £4 in virtual cash.
iLok or not, THAT'S A BARGAIN!!!
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Elektronisch wrote:Hybrid 3 comes with galore of presets and now costs almost the same as a bus ticket here.
Here one must pay about 5 usd for a bus ticket.
I think I'll buy another copy of Hybrid 3 and give it to my eldest son, who has shown an interest in making music.

Return to “Instruments”