Lots of Soundtoys on the KVR market

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

acYm wrote:
yellowmix wrote:
acYm wrote:Please list these alternatives that replicate all functionality and possibility to put into a native-saveable chain as per the Effect Rack that do not have any form of machine-based licensing.
it's just a decent collection of basic effects, it's nothing magical. wouldn't trade my softubes for soundtoys in a million years, they're aging so much better. who cares about racks and chains, there's this thing called ableton.

honestly, it's just my opinion that soundtoys are the most overrated company out there. the entire internet was raving about them before 2010 when they were indeed far above average, yeah it used to be a great upgrade over Waves and such, and also had good exclusivity with the hardware ilok and high prices. people who invested in it made absolutely sure to plaster every forum between here and The Grid with the good news of soundtoys supremacy. in fact I really doubt that any vst company received more ass-lick on the internet.

decapitator? I prefer Grasso.
echoboy? I prefer PSP85.
sieQ? I prefer waves api.
all those amps and preamps? aliasing.
filterfreak? irrelevant, there's The Drop.
all those other old things? pointless with eventide now in the vst market

just my 2c about why there might be so much used soundtoys for sale.
Exactly, you prefer, its personal to you ;)

You can always find your prefered alternatives, but in the end Sountoys bundle is so much more convinient. I have alot of alternatives to the bundle itself (Replika XT, Nectar 2 suite, various analog eqs, ect) but Sountoys are just soundtoys, easy and fast to use, doesnt take much CPU. And it has rack module for more creative patches. And they sound great.

enCiphered wrote:Hey guys,

from a sound designers view, especially with a big focus on sound morphing, transformation and mangling and not musical composition, would you recommend the Soundtoys plugins?

I´m asking because I see a lot of people selling their Soundtoys licences here and this made me a bit reserved.

Any help appreciated!
Shit, I think you'll find people are amazed by the prices at sale time, buy without thinkin' and then a month passes and they realize..'hey, wait a sec, I can do that same thing Primal tap does with my stock delay plugin or crystalizer is just a reverb with added granular, I can do that in guitar rig or I can do more with a standard filter shaper/lfo tool than with filter freak' etc.
It's good you have the option of selling it, it's just a bit hard to do that I would imagine as most people would just wait for the sales which are quite often. Maybe that's why you see so many selling

Kinh wrote:.'hey, wait a sec, I can do that same thing Primal tap does with my stock delay plugin or
What stock delays have Lexicon Prime Time emulation?

You can buy lots of plugins or just get Soundtoys is what the one poster tried to say.

Acid Mitch wrote:
Kinh wrote:.'hey, wait a sec, I can do that same thing Primal tap does with my stock delay plugin or
What stock delays have Lexicon Prime Time emulation?
whether its an emulation of whatever or not doesn't matter, the fact is you can do a lot of things soundtoys do using just about anything. They're nothing special. being an emulation doesn't make it great, being able to do unique things with them makes them great

To me they're a little dated in the sound design department. You can get a more contemporary sound using other effects.

So when you wrote you could do the same as Primal Tap with a stock plug in, what you really meant to write was that stock plug-ins include delays. Yes, they do.

Can't do what Primal Tap can do though, can they.

The statement about Eventide making Soundtoys irrelevant is curious. I own the Soundtoys Bundle and Anthology X, Blackhole, etc. and see very little crossover. Very glad to have both.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

You all, I just got an upgrade price for the whole bundle for only $50 on their site. I could not resist that at all. I only owned their small plugins and one regular one.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Is there any long time bundle users here that can remember how much the update from 4 to 5 was?

I'm getting a really good trade-up deal in my account but i can't help thinking v6 might be round the corner.

I love the Soundtoys plugins. I got in to them via the freebies and then upgraded to the full bundle on a sale.

They're fun, quick to work with and generally sound very good. The rack is a great idea with its feedback mechanism. And so many good presets!

They're a great collection of plugins among a sea of good plugins of course.

Want crazy delays ? Lots of options in previous posts. Valhalla Uber can be added to this list. With a demo available, it's a steal at $50. Plenty of good EQs out there, including inexpensive a great DDMF Neve clone. Klanghelm makes SDRR which produces great saturation flavours. Actually I use Reaper JS plugins for some distortion :) .

The plugins can be demoed. See if they're right for you, and move on if they're not. Plenty of choices.
Will mix for fun

ATS wrote:You all, I just got an upgrade price for the whole bundle for only $50 on their site. I could not resist that at all. I only owned their small plugins and one regular one.
$70 for me, fantastic price. $50 is even better but I only bought 3 of their little plugins plus all the freebies they've given away so no complaints here.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Kinh wrote: whether its an emulation of whatever or not doesn't matter, the fact is you can do a lot of things soundtoys do using just about anything. They're nothing special. being an emulation doesn't make it great, being able to do unique things with them makes them great .
You seem to be missing the point. The Prime Time and Primal Tap have features and a sound not found in most delays, stock or otherwise. That makes them special and unique.
If it was merely a stock delay Soundtoys could have just made it a preset for echo boy instead of coding a whole new plugin with unique features.
Can you show any other that have the same sound and features?

Kinh wrote: To me they're a little dated in the sound design department. .
Well there bound to sound like older devices because they are emulating gear from the past 3 or 4 decades. However, that doesn't mean you can't get more contemporary sounds from them.
What plug ins do you think are better?

samsam wrote:So when you wrote you could do the same as Primal Tap with a stock plug in, what you really meant to write was that stock plug-ins include delays. Yes, they do.
Seems most likely :hihi: :tu:

cprompt wrote:
ATS wrote:You all, I just got an upgrade price for the whole bundle for only $50 on their site. I could not resist that at all. I only owned their small plugins and one regular one.
$70 for me, fantastic price. $50 is even better but I only bought 3 of their little plugins plus all the freebies they've given away so no complaints here.
Hmmm, I went to actually buy the upgrade for $70 which was my previously quoted price and now it's shot up to $105. Well, I guess I've saved myself $70 but that's not very professional :?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

My theory on why SoundToys turn up on sale is that ST keep giving away free 'Little' plugins, and people think 'hey that goes for $49, so I can easily flog it for $25'.
On top of that, SoundToys also offer ludicrously decent upgrade offers from those free plugins, even if one already owns the full bundle.
Right now, despite already owning the full ST5 bundle, I could upgrade to a second copy for $80 from 'extra' Little plugins I have. That's got a $500 RRP, so an opportunist might think 'hey I can do that and try and sell it and make a hundred bucks easy'.

And then they do.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”