Scissors-like functionality

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First post (in a while on KVR) and didn't immediately see a Search field so pardon if this is a FAQ:

Is there a way of emulating scissors functionality, i.e., to make a slice in the audio in the wave editor?

I suppose a follow-up would be, having made a slice, is it possible to then drag/overlap the two segments (creating a selection) in order to make a cross fade?

Thanks for your help. ...edN

I'm evaluating Acoustica, coming from the WaveLab Elements environment, so please excuse dumb questions:

I was thinking a work around to the scissors query above might be to use a multi-track document. Then cut / paste selections from one track to another and then do cross fades manually.

However. Is it really the case that:
* you can't make selections within a clip in a multi-track project? At least in the mouse drag way.
* that you can't copy / paste clips between multi-track projects and a recording tab? or
* a selection from a recording tab to a multi-track project?

I admit I haven't read the manual in detail, but a scan over the headings of the Multitrack chapter doesn't seem to help me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something basic.

Thanks for your help.

...edN

Hi Ed!
ednixon wrote:First post (in a while on KVR) and didn't immediately see a Search field so pardon if this is a FAQ:

Is there a way of emulating scissors functionality, i.e., to make a slice in the audio in the wave editor?

I suppose a follow-up would be, having made a slice, is it possible to then drag/overlap the two segments (creating a selection) in order to make a cross fade?

Thanks for your help. ...edN
You can use the standard cut, copy and paste editing for that. If you simply want to remove a section, you can simply click the delete button as in a text editor. If you want cross-fades to eliminate splice noise, Acoustica can automatically apply de-clicking to the splice points (see Edit > Automatic Splice De-Click). Cross-fades are easiest to apply in the multitrack editor where you can simply load the clip, slice it up using the split tool and drag the segments over each other to create cross fades.

Best,
Stian

Hi again!
ednixon wrote:However. Is it really the case that:
* you can't make selections within a clip in a multi-track project? At least in the mouse drag way.
* that you can't copy / paste clips between multi-track projects and a recording tab? or
* a selection from a recording tab to a multi-track project?

I admit I haven't read the manual in detail, but a scan over the headings of the Multitrack chapter doesn't seem to help me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something basic.

Thanks for your help.

...edN
You cannot make time selections in the multitrack editor, but you can choose Clips > Split Clips to split a clip at the cursor position. Unfortunately, you would need to render the session to get it back to the clip editor. We'll try to improve the inter-action between the two editors in future updates.

Best,
Stian

Thanks for your support, Stian. ...edN

Return to “Acon Digital”