Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Vortifex wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
cb8rwh wrote:Question around the manual included in the download, has the right one been included or is it in a state of flux i.e. not complete yet?

Edit: I would just like to say that the synth is pretty intuitive anyway, but I always seem to miss a a few pieces of functionality if I don't rtfm :)
Was hoping no one would need the manual... yeah just a mistake our end. Wrong PDF file added in.. we will add the right one in the next up date.. I’ll also see if we can get a link added to the Ana support page.
Will the intro price still be applicable when the demo is released?
I will have to check that with the dev guys see what the timeline for it is like.. we want to prioritize any issues from users before we finalize the demo so I cant guarantee the offer will still be on. We will be running the 30% off until next Friday.

Cannot guarantee?

Sorry but tgis is vad business and shit. No demo no buy. And then mayve no offer price anymore when the demo is released is pure shit. Yeah im harsh cause money is not cheap.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I guess you already probably thought this through SA, but at 200$ regular price you just bought your way into a whole new class of expectations. You priced your old buyer out. Not saying that’s bad, as long as it was your intention. You might get me yet. Keeping an eye on it. Good luck.

Dasheesh wrote:I guess you already probably thought this through SA, but at 200$ regular price you just bought your way into a whole new class of expectations. You priced your old buyer out. Not saying that’s bad, as long as it was your intention. You might get me yet. Keeping an eye on it. Good luck.
Oh, and that reminds me. Earlier in this thread when I said that the price would probably be between $149 and $169 based on competing products and people said to me that they can see it being much cheaper, LMAO.

Yeah, so much for that guys.

Having said that, a little surprised it's more expensive than Zebra 2. I don't see it, but as it only cost me 80 something bucks, eh, whatever.

But yeah, that price is going to raise expectations a TON.

I don't envy the dev.

Dasheesh wrote:I guess you already probably thought this through SA, but at 200$ regular price you just bought your way into a whole new class of expectations. You priced your old buyer out. Not saying that’s bad, as long as it was your intention. You might get me yet. Keeping an eye on it. Good luck.
For ANA 1 owners who are subscribers and with the current discount they can pick it up for around £60/$80... so our intention was to make it as accessible as possible for our loyal customers who subscribe and follow the tutorials etc.

I think that keeps things in line with what we have been trying to do with ANA which is make a plugin that is as versatile as possible and gives our users a main synth to follow the courses.

Granted for new users in a week or so time it will be going up a bit but the difference in development time and features compared to ANA 1 is pretty vast.

oops

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and that reminds me. Earlier in this thread when I said that the price would probably be between $149 and $169 based on competing products and people said to me that they can see it being much cheaper, LMAO.Yeah, so much for that guys.
I said "It wouldn't surprise me if it came in at under £100"...and its intro price is £98 (before upgrade discount). So yeah hilarious.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
For ANA 1 owners who are subscribers and with the current discount they can pick it up for around £60/$80... so our intention was to make it as accessible as possible for our loyal customers who subscribe and follow the tutorials etc.

I think that keeps things in line with what we have been trying to do with ANA which is make a plugin that is as versatile as possible and gives our users a main synth to follow the courses.

Granted for new users in a week or so time it will be going up a bit but the difference in development time and features compared to ANA 1 is pretty vast.
Hey, if it’s worth it then it’s worth it. I haven’t demo’d It but from what I’m hearing/seeing those filters sound pretty amazing. I don’t hear any other filters like them. I know someone put some work into those. It’s just not in line with what people have come to expect from SA. It’s going to take some getting used to, and you are going to encounter a whole new buyer with top shelf expectations because of it.

I’ll say it again: New thread needed

Phil: One thing I really like is that if I open the preset window, I can play the current preset on my MIDI keyboard then use the down arrow to select the next one; better still is that I can click on the keyboard on the VST itself and still use the down arrow key. Not all VST synths work that way. And there's one DX7 bass patch that (to me, as an ex-DX7 owner) sounds better than any other that I've heard. Oh, and the two new soundpacks are pretty good value at the moment.

Everyone else: The finalized manual might not be available yet, but there are 10 training videos up on the ADSR channel on YouTube, about an hour's viewing, that cover most of what you want to know if you're new to synths or familiar with the basics of programming synths.

Phil, again: Will there be any more videos? There's nothing (yet) on the LFOs, effects other than the EQ, the Arpeggiator, or the CMD.

dangayle wrote:I’ll say it again: New thread needed
This entire thread is about ANA 2 though?

Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:

This is a great buy at the current price. Good synth, and so far, good on CPU. Great sounds usually come at a high CPU price. I think ANA 2 is going to be a great fit in my arsenal. The videos are great so far.

A demo would boost sales.

jasco wrote:Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:
The default will fit nicely on 1280x1024 but a fraction on the small side. At 125% it doesn't quite all fit on the screen. The bottom is cut off. But everything else is fine.

dangayle wrote:I’ll say it again: New thread needed
So when are you going to create one? :wink:

Return to “Instruments”