Page Load Errors

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else getting incomplete page loads like this ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway incomplete page loads are increasing in frequency here. Win 10 1709, FireFox 64 bit. All updates are applied.

This does not occur on any other site I frequent.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Three incomplete page loads today already. Only the top KVR bar loads. This issue persists even in the new version of Firefox 57.

Here it loads pretty fast today, and fully 8)

Maybe in your case your computer is waiting and waiting and waiting for some ad server...

It only happens at KVR....never on any other site. So I came here to the "Site" forum to report the issue. Anyway it looks like it will continue since there is apparently zero interest in addressing the issue.

It's happened twice again today since I posted earlier. Did not happen before on the same system. Not sure what changed to trigger the behavior since the only thing that has changed here is Win 10 and Firefox have done routine updates. :shrug:

I got my Thursday dose of Windows 10 updates today :hihi:

Since KVR loads flawlessly here, it probably doesn't have to do with the site as such. You are probably much closer to the KVR servers than I am here in Europe.

And again.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The FB and Twitter symbols are missing in your top bar 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote: Since KVR loads flawlessly here, it probably doesn't have to do with the site as such. You are probably much closer to the KVR servers than I am here in Europe.
Don't know where their servers are but KVR is based in Great Britain.

Just because it works for you doesn't mean there is no issue. It doesn't mean there is an issue just because I'm reporting it....but we'll never know for sure I guess. Are you on Win 10 using Firefox ?

It looks like I'll just have to keep hitting the refresh button.

Oh and if anyone reads this who can actually address the issue....in the screenshot directly above I can not open up the profile page to get to my latest posts (where it says Teksonik). The drop down does not function. Might be a clue...
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The FB and Twitter symbols are missing in your top bar 8)
Yes that's what happens when the page partially loads. They are there now. :wink:

See, maybe some external site that keeps KVR from loading.

The KVR servers seem to be located in San Francisco:
http://www.geoiptool.de/?ip=104.25.175.25

No, I use Chrome, it works better than Firefox for me.
Since you use W10 too, try to load KVR in MS Edge.

fluffy_little_something wrote:See, maybe some external site that keeps KVR from loading.

The KVR servers seem to be located in San Francisco:
http://www.geoiptool.de/?ip=104.25.175.25
Well San Francisco is only a few hundred miles away. I'm pretty sure it's not a server issue.

To recap:

This issue did not occur on this system until early this month.

There were no changes to this system beyond routine software updates.

This issue does not occur on any other website.

There is nothing exotic about my system. Bog standard Win 10, Firefox

However I looked back at my Win 10 Update history and this system took the Fall Creators Update 1709 right about the time I started to experience this issue. Perhaps a clue.

For the record this does not occur on my Linux Systems.

What version of Windows are you running Fluffy ?

fluffy_little_something wrote: Since you use W10 too, try to load KVR in MS Edge.
No. I'm not using Edge. Look at my bullet points above. This system has always run Firefox. This issue has occurred on FF56 and now the new Firefox Quantum. If it just started with Quantum I would be suspicious.

Same here, 1709, build 16299.64

Return to “Site Stuff”