Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Sonic Academy new synth!

User avatar
jasco
KVRist
 
194 posts since 25 Aug, 2002, from Leeds

Postby jasco; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:09 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:


The default will fit nicely on 1280x1024 but a fraction on the small side. At 125% it doesn't quite all fit on the screen. The bottom is cut off. But everything else is fine.

Thanks, think I'm outta luck then :(
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
9570 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

jasco wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:


The default will fit nicely on 1280x1024 but a fraction on the small side. At 125% it doesn't quite all fit on the screen. The bottom is cut off. But everything else is fine.

Thanks, think I'm outta luck then :(


Why? What resolution are you running?
User avatar
jasco
KVRist
 
194 posts since 25 Aug, 2002, from Leeds

Postby jasco; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:13 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:


The default will fit nicely on 1280x1024 but a fraction on the small side. At 125% it doesn't quite all fit on the screen. The bottom is cut off. But everything else is fine.

Thanks, think I'm outta luck then :(


Why? What resolution are you running?


Still on 1366x768, yes I know it's nearly 2018 :ud:
User avatar
egbert101
KVRian
 
1481 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

jasco wrote:Still on 1366x768, yes I know it's nearly 2018 :ud:


Image
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist
 
448 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

garryknight wrote:Phil: One thing I really like is that if I open the preset window, I can play the current preset on my MIDI keyboard then use the down arrow to select the next one; better still is that I can click on the keyboard on the VST itself and still use the down arrow key. Not all VST synths work that way. And there's one DX7 bass patch that (to me, as an ex-DX7 owner) sounds better than any other that I've heard. Oh, and the two new soundpacks are pretty good value at the moment.

Everyone else: The finalized manual might not be available yet, but there are 10 training videos up on the ADSR channel on YouTube, about an hour's viewing, that cover most of what you want to know if you're new to synths or familiar with the basics of programming synths.

Phil, again: Will there be any more videos? There's nothing (yet) on the LFOs, effects other than the EQ, the Arpeggiator, or the CMD.


I’ll be doing more vids tomorrow... arp, cmd, fx and some sound design basics for beginners.
[https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2]Sonic Academy ANA[/url]
Sonic Academy Kick
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
9570 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

jasco wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
jasco wrote:Can anyone tell me the min. screen res. needed please? I'm still on a crappy old laptop so no point me upgrading if it won't fit on my screen. :scared:


The default will fit nicely on 1280x1024 but a fraction on the small side. At 125% it doesn't quite all fit on the screen. The bottom is cut off. But everything else is fine.

Thanks, think I'm outta luck then :(


Why? What resolution are you running?


Still on 1366x768, yes I know it's nearly 2018 :ud:


Width wise you're fine. Height, you just might make it. When they have a demo, download it and see. You might just be good to go.
cb8rwh
KVRist
 
293 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Postby cb8rwh; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:53 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

I know ANA 2 only came out yesterday but surely it's never too early for feature requests? I would love the ability to save FX presets. Either as a whole, or presets for each individual FX type
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist
 
448 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 am Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

cb8rwh wrote:I know ANA 2 only came out yesterday but surely it's never too early for feature requests? I would love the ability to save FX presets. Either as a whole, or presets for each individual FX type


We have a 2.1 feature list already on the go... we will continue working on ANA 2 for a while yet.
[https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2]Sonic Academy ANA[/url]
Sonic Academy Kick
User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:07 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
cb8rwh wrote:I know ANA 2 only came out yesterday but surely it's never too early for feature requests? I would love the ability to save FX presets. Either as a whole, or presets for each individual FX type


We have a 2.1 feature list already on the go... we will continue working on ANA 2 for a while yet.


Any word on a hotfix?
*slow UI; opening after closing + loading after the initial load
*the strange sound residu after opening PWM completely with certain (also build-in) osc's/wt's
*scrambled UI text sometimes after closing and re-opening the interface


+ i would really like to see a random signal generator as a mod source. Tried retriggering the S/H lfo, but that didn't do the trick, as it is retriggering the same position/amount
garryknight
KVRian
 
1028 posts since 6 Jan, 2015, from London, England

Postby garryknight; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:48 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:I’ll be doing more vids tomorrow... arp, cmd, fx and some sound design basics for beginners.


Great!
bryansonic
KVRist
 
69 posts since 6 Oct, 2010

Postby bryansonic; Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:13 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

exmatproton wrote:*slow UI; opening after closing + loading after the initial load


haven't thus far been able to reproduce this, what are your specs and OS version .. or did you give me them already, i have some noted here.

exmatproton wrote:*the strange sound residu after opening PWM completely with certain (also build-in) osc's/wt's

hopefully resolved tomorrow

exmatproton wrote:*scrambled UI text sometimes after closing and re-opening the interface

this ones fixed :tu:
User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
 
1921 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:36 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

bryansonic wrote:haven't thus far been able to reproduce this, what are your specs and OS version .. or did you give me them already, i have some noted here.


Yeah, i gave the specs earlier, but;

Core i7 4790K@4,4GHz, AMD Radeon RX480, 16GB DDR4, EVO850 SSD, Windows 10 x64 (latest)
DAW's; FL Studio 12.5.1, Studio One 3.5.2.44603, Ableton 9.7.5 (all x64)

bryansonic wrote:hopefully resolved tomorrow


Fingers crossed :D

bryansonic wrote:this ones fixed :tu:


Nice! :tu:
Spencer Maddox
KVRist
 
144 posts since 19 Oct, 2017

Postby Spencer Maddox; Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:45 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

I'm having a similar situation with slow loading times when Loading up. My specs are similar to Exmats, Running the latest Windows with an I7 16 GB Ram Hp Envy Laptop. And whenever I put ANA in a project the CPU usage very quickly jumps and turns on my Fan. In the Test I did using the Live 10 beta (Yes I know a beta version of a software is not the best testing environment but I digress) the CPU meter shot from 5% to 45% and turned on the fan, in all the synth took maybe 8 seconds to load (By comparison Sylenth1 took my CPU from 13% to 35% and Falcon 14% to 35%) Bitwig 2.2 the performance was a bit worse. Again not exactly a huge issue since the synth itself is running Fine but its loading woes are strange since no other VST I have does such a thing.
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
ATS
KVRAF
 
5385 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:03 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:I guess you already probably thought this through SA, but at 200$ regular price you just bought your way into a whole new class of expectations. You priced your old buyer out. Not saying that’s bad, as long as it was your intention. You might get me yet. Keeping an eye on it. Good luck.


For ANA 1 owners who are subscribers and with the current discount they can pick it up for around £60/$80... so our intention was to make it as accessible as possible for our loyal customers who subscribe and follow the tutorials etc.

I think that keeps things in line with what we have been trying to do with ANA which is make a plugin that is as versatile as possible and gives our users a main synth to follow the courses.

Granted for new users in a week or so time it will be going up a bit but the difference in development time and features compared to ANA 1 is pretty vast.



I own Ana 1 and my price is over $100 for an upgrade
Phil Sonic Academy
KVRist
 
448 posts since 9 Aug, 2006

Postby Phil Sonic Academy; Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:05 pm Re: Sonic Academy new synth!

ATS wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:I guess you already probably thought this through SA, but at 200$ regular price you just bought your way into a whole new class of expectations. You priced your old buyer out. Not saying that’s bad, as long as it was your intention. You might get me yet. Keeping an eye on it. Good luck.


For ANA 1 owners who are subscribers and with the current discount they can pick it up for around £60/$80... so our intention was to make it as accessible as possible for our loyal customers who subscribe and follow the tutorials etc.

I think that keeps things in line with what we have been trying to do with ANA which is make a plugin that is as versatile as possible and gives our users a main synth to follow the courses.

Granted for new users in a week or so time it will be going up a bit but the difference in development time and features compared to ANA 1 is pretty vast.



I own Ana 1 and my price is over $100 for an upgrade


You bought it second hand tho?
[https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2]Sonic Academy ANA[/url]
Sonic Academy Kick
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments