Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

AhmedHeikal
KVRer
 
13 posts since 12 Feb, 2017

Postby AhmedHeikal; Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:55 am Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Well, hope everyone would bare me on this one, I use Ableton Live & I really enjoying using it cuz I can create my drums & loops very fast & for it's smooth Arrangement/Session view switching, I don't need to right click & view a hidden window (you know what I mean, that fl studio stuff).

Now I'm thinking of buying A DAW & there's that epic deal on Studio One Professional, should I get it & start learning it or will this have me fooled? & I should Stick with ableton!

& what's your opinions on "Cubase? & which of Ableton / Cubase should I invest my money on?

mod edit wrote:KvR does not in any way shape or form support cracked software or the discussion of it


Thanks.
User avatar
CTStump
KVRian
 
527 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Dona Ana, New Mexiico in the US of A

Postby CTStump; Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:05 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Buy Studio One then you will have 2 great DAWs....that's my opinion.

Demo first then decide. :wink:
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
306 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

some questions first
1.will you be working with midi mostly or audio
2.future plans ... where are you thinking to work??
3.you current condition (student or may be part time music making guy....??)

other than that
best looking and easy to use daw
0.5.FL studio
1.cubase
1.5.ableton
2.presonus
3.mutools
4.mixbus
5.Reaper(most awaful UI and hardest learning curve ever)<<---(but still owe that shit till now and love it dont know why)

dont crack softwares man demo versions are made for that reason to review and try
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,IL Sakura,All AAS instruments(except the fx),MTotalfx bundle
Spencer Maddox
KVRist
 
146 posts since 19 Oct, 2017

Postby Spencer Maddox; Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.
Also S1 at that price is great. Never was my thing but it has a lot of Good features going for it.

But I must ask you. What version of live are you using and its there anything in live that's limiting you?
Because if your happy with live then why invest in somthing else. You might find it better to invest in VSTs for LIVE or Push or somthing to that extent to improve your experience.

Also don't pirate.
It just hurts the developers And puts you at risk, Not to mention its morally wrong.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
AhmedHeikal
KVRer
 
13 posts since 12 Feb, 2017

Postby AhmedHeikal; Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Spencer Maddox wrote:If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.
Also S1 at that price is great. Never was my thing but it has a lot of Good features going for it.

But I must ask you. What version of live are you using and its there anything in live that's limiting you?
Because if your happy with live then why invest in somthing else. You might find it better to invest in VSTs for LIVE or Push or somthing to that extent to improve your experience.

Also don't pirate.
It just hurts the developers And puts you at risk, Not to mention its morally wrong.


I got Ableton Live lite + won a copy of Xfer Serum a month ago, & Actually loving it & thinking of buying the live version, so It's an option too
AhmedHeikal
KVRer
 
13 posts since 12 Feb, 2017

Postby AhmedHeikal; Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:59 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Apratim wrote:some questions first
1.will you be working with midi mostly or audio
2.future plans ... where are you thinking to work??
3.you current condition (student or may be part time music making guy....??)

other than that
best looking and easy to use daw
0.5.FL studio
1.cubase
1.5.ableton
2.presonus
3.mutools
4.mixbus
5.Reaper(most awaful UI and hardest learning curve ever)<<---(but still owe that shit till now and love it dont know why)

dont crack softwares man demo versions are made for that reason to review and try


1- I'll be producing music might add some vocals
2- Produce more music [Trance/House] & expecting to mix & host a radio show
3- Civil Engineer but working currently as Social Media & Promotions Manager & thinking of making music a path in my life :)

If I have enough money I'd go with Ableton> Cubase > FL Studio > Studio One & maybe oneday Pro Tools HD
Distorted Horizon
KVRist
 
395 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Postby Distorted Horizon; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

If you like that lite Ableton, then it's easy to pick Live or demo Bitwig which is similar but gives deeper tools for modulations, samples and midi.

Reason 10 is a great tool too, all-in-box that you don't need to buy anything unless you want to (supports vst's too so u can use your Serum).
Flowers.. Flowers everywhere..
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
21382 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.
AhmedHeikal
KVRer
 
13 posts since 12 Feb, 2017

Postby AhmedHeikal; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.


Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2115 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

Lots of great deals on right now! Studio One is a great DAW and easier to use IMO than Cubase, but Cubase has perhaps more depth (certainly better Midi) and is something of an industry Standard. I like the look of Cubase 9.5 (its starting to look more like Studio 1!) so it ,may be worth waiting for the 9.5 demo, you get a full 30 days normally (and they also do good gross-grade deals)

As was mentioned, Bitwig is a bit like a cross between S1/Logic and Live, so may be a good stepping stone top linear DAWS, its very easy to use but has massive depth due to the modulators in the rack (which you will already be familiar with) - 299USD at the moment and it comes with some cool content- again, give it a spin, there is a full demo.
User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
 
21382 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:27 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

AhmedHeikal wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.


Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/

Yeah, Live is quite pricey, but for me its the perfect DAW. It does everything I need, and makes creating music a joy. I would hate to have to start learning something new.
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
306 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:39 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

AhmedHeikal wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:If you just looking for somthing to do audio you should consider Reaper given its price.
Also S1 at that price is great. Never was my thing but it has a lot of Good features going for it.

But I must ask you. What version of live are you using and its there anything in live that's limiting you?
Because if your happy with live then why invest in somthing else. You might find it better to invest in VSTs for LIVE or Push or somthing to that extent to improve your experience.

Also don't pirate.
It just hurts the developers And puts you at risk, Not to mention its morally wrong.


I got Ableton Live lite + won a copy of Xfer Serum a month ago, & Actually loving it & thinking of buying the live version, so It's an option too

if you are used to live by this time then invest in it as its not cheap or if you find that expensive then buy other daw which are cheap
namely
1.Reaper
2.mutools
3.mixcraft
4.waveform
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,IL Sakura,All AAS instruments(except the fx),MTotalfx bundle
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
306 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:41 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

AhmedHeikal wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.


Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/

in india its way worse with
the orginal prize + tax + GST tax (any indian musician will know what a shithole GST is)

just my experience
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,IL Sakura,All AAS instruments(except the fx),MTotalfx bundle
User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
 
3263 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:10 am Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

For me it's Studio One. Just upgraded to V3 Pro.

Also have Live 9 Suite, but never used it that much. Maybe if I buy a Push that will change...
User avatar
EnGee
KVRAF
 
4158 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 pm Re: Good DAW To Use & Stick To?

AhmedHeikal wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:You could upgrade to Live 9 Suite now, and get Live 10 free ... if you're happy using Live. Its been my one and only DAW for the last 10 years.


Thinking of that :) Although I'll be spending like 519 $ (9200 EGPs here in Egypt) whitch is a load of money here :/

It is a lot of money everywhere, believe me! I wouldn't spend this money in one payment! So, you might take it step by step!
For me, I couldn't afford Cubase Pro (or full), so I started with Elements 6 then 7 then 8 then upgraded to Artist 8 then 8.5 then Pro then 9. Yes, it cost a lot but over 5 years or more who cares!

I also have Reaper 5 (will buy version 6 when out because I purchased version 4). I have FL Studio producer (with Sytrus and Maximus), and finally I have Live intro 9 (which has 16 tracks limit and 8 scenes). I use Reaper more than the others (except Cubase, which I can't replace!).

So, you can start with the Standard version of Live or Cubase Artist instead of the full versions. Those are very capable DAWs with reasonable prices and I don't think you would miss something essential!

FL Studio Producer is a great choice and very fast to come up with something! It is almost complete package with top notch effects, EQ and compressor.

If you don't mind spend some time learning a powerful DAW, then invest in Reaper. You will need your 3rd party instruments/synths, but the essential DAW is there (for both Midi and audio). For $60 it is the best value for money you can find. It is also has the friendliest copy protection with very small file size. If you want to add to it some tools, then I suggest ToneBoosters Track Essentials for 20 euro https://www.toneboosters.com/tb_trackessentials_v3.html I have this one and use its EQ/Compressor especially in Reaper.

Synths? Well, there are great free ones and CM issue for $5 has also killer synths and effects ;)

Windows 10 PC/ Nektar LX25+/ Waldorf blofeld/ Casio PX-5S and Yamaha HS7 monitors.
Cubase 9/ Reaper 5/ FL Studio 12 with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Sonivox and Synapse Audio.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)