RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Caine123 wrote:I was interested in this but u may not re-SELL... a mixed bag

I could of sworn I saw people selling this in the marketplace before? Maybe they weren't able to do it in the end?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Caine123 wrote:I was interested in this but u may not re-SELL.
That's not cool :roll:

ATS wrote:
Caine123 wrote:I was interested in this but u may not re-SELL... a mixed bag

I could of sworn I saw people selling this in the marketplace before? Maybe they weren't able to do it in the end?
Yes but they removed it after being advised that it was NFR.

lol, this is really worse than ilok then. there you got a fee but still can sell your plugins.

this vst isnt even the cheapest + not big dev so you also not know how things work out, sure with big ones it is also possible but you can still sell your stuff away if you get doubts or your product has probs. here you have to stick with it.

sorry, this is just bad!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No reselling is indeed a bit harsh in times of GAS and transience.

gummo wrote:Are there plans for multiple output of layers?
One finger preset seems to be a child's toy without a multi out.
Of course, I am an evil child 8)
We once thought about this. But the longer you think about it, the more it seems unnecessary workflow wise. It could be a potential feature if there will emerge more reasons to do so, but not a thing that is currently planned.

Besides one finger presets you can also do a lot of fx modulation stuff.
Build your sound on 1.Layer and send it to 2. and 3. Layer with differenz FX or reverb ducking, TG, bandpass delay and such things.
Then add MB Dynamics on the master page, adjust the limiter threshold and voila! Why bother with external mixing?

If done right you have ready to go sounds with almost no external processing needed. Really. If you see yourself in need of Multi-Out, you probably don't use the layering to full extend. In this case just use a second instance.

The biggest reason to use multiouts is to rely on the effects you already have. And there are just way better fx than Rapids internal ones. For example I wouldn't use its reverb or distortion. That's only one reason why I don't get the hype with these closed one finger workstations :shrug:

DocSnyder wrote:That's only one reason why I don't get the hype with these closed one finger workstations :shrug:
Now that's the thing. If you don't use the effects or the possibilities to modulate them with sequences, LFO, Macros and so on and just put out a dry signal because you want to use external fx, then why do you use internal layering in the first place? Then just use single instances.
You don't use one finger presets in a typical production. You can use them as starter, manipulate them, and shape them in various ways to quickly melt your layers together. And then just save it!
So instead of managing 3 or 4 synth instances you have just one. If you work on projects with typical 40+ instances and suddenly reduce it to 20, this makes a lot of things easier. Especially with the sudden possibility to just clone a 4 layer patch. Much easier than cloning the entire routing chain in the mixer.

Of course, you can and should also have your obligatory one layer sounds. But this doesn't require Multi-Outs. Maybe start to look at these workstations as workflow enhancers for certain sounds. Not as general DAW substitute.

Lol and ignored by the dev.

Gonna stay with avenger! :tu:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Thanks for answers.
There are several reasons why external mixing is necessary,
Probably within the scope of your imagination.
Rapid is fun to touch, there are various possibilities,
So the desire for multi out was very natural.

My head may be boiling with BF :hyper:

Caine123 wrote:Lol and ignored by the dev.
But not by the customers :wink:

db3 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Lol and ignored by the dev.
But not by the customers :wink:
i hope so! spread the word! :tu:

DocSnyder wrote:The biggest reason to use multiouts is to rely on the effects you already have. And there are just way better fx than Rapids internal ones. For example I wouldn't use its reverb or distortion. That's only one reason why I don't get the hype with these closed one finger workstations :shrug:
I also don't use it or need it, but I can imagine, that some users see advantages in it. Would you use the one finger presets for productions or for live performances?

Mirko R. wrote:
DocSnyder wrote:The biggest reason to use multiouts is to rely on the effects you already have. And there are just way better fx than Rapids internal ones. For example I wouldn't use its reverb or distortion. That's only one reason why I don't get the hype with these closed one finger workstations :shrug:
I also don't use it or need it, but I can imagine, that some users see advantages in it. Would you use the one finger presets for productions or for live performances?
Of course I wouldn't use those presets in productions. And tbh I couldn't remember seeing anyone during a live dj set or on a live performance playing with such a preset. It's nice for demonstration video like the ones you've done, but in my opinion that's it.

Uhm please don't get me wrong but personally I think this whole "do it in one preset so can you play it live" is a case that doesn't fit on the vast majority of music producers. To me it is more like a try to invent or hype a market for a product, like Apple does :P The possiblity to create one finger presets is a nice to have feature to me, but not a unique selling point. But it seems so important to Parawave that they decided against multi out. I just may not be the target audience for this product :lol:

Unfortunately due to the impossible reselling I feel like rather not buying it to play with it. Obviously that is something that scares many customers. Especially if there are no problems with competiting products.

Additionally some questions to Rapids functionality: as I saw it is not possible to add like 2 phasers within an effects chain or 2 eqs - why? Should I waste a whole new layer for an extra effect? Also when selecting a target in the mod matrix it lists all effects - why not just those that are actually in use?

Return to “Instruments”