Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Romantique Tp wrote:
wickfut wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:Whatever new bugs Cubase 9.5 has will be fixed in 9.5.10. They're saving most bug fixes for that update, which will also fix a ton of old issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the useful post, but this was stated by Steinberg employees and beta testers themselves. One reason for the delay is that they're currently testing a second batch of UI performance improvements, which should almost completely eliminate the infamous UI lag on Mac.
Because you come across like you're talking from an authority, when in reality you're just paroting the usual damage control stuff the devs say after every release. Also, you're pretty much advising someone who is apprehensive about upgrading to spend £170+ on software, software which is being reported by many people as being badly bugged and may or may not work for him either now or in the future.
Are you going to refund him if it doesn't work ? Don't you think he should wait to see if the .10 update is this holy grail to make everything rosey first?

wickfut wrote:the usual damage control stuff the devs say after every release.
No they don't. You have no idea what you're talking about. The devs basically only ever come forward to acknowledge bugs and ask for clarification on issues people are having (reproduction steps, crash logs...). It's very rare for them to come to the forums only to state that an issue is already known.

This time they explicitly stated that pretty much all of the obvious stuff was of course already found during testing (nearly everything people have reported so far are just relatively minor graphical glitches). Two of their beta testers (one of which isn't a Steinberg employee) have also stated that while many issues from previous versions were fixed in 9.5, a large portion of these fixes had to be rescheduled to 9.5.10 for proper testing.

You should still report any showstoppers you find since these are often system-specific issues.
Also, you're pretty much advising someone who is apprehensive about upgrading to spend £170+ on software, software which is being reported by many people as being badly bugged and may or may not work for him either now or in the future.
Are you going to refund him if it doesn't work ? Don't you think he should wait to see if the .10 update is this holy grail to make everything rosey first?
Cubase 9.5 is perfectly usable for almost everyone. Every major DAW release ever will appear unusable if you only listen to the vocal minority claiming that it's broken. You're one of the few who ran into major issues with 9.5, and honestly you're blowing it way out of proportion. Almost nobody is running obscure PCIe audio interfaces like you, for example.

Romantique Tp wrote: No they don't. You have no idea what you're talking about. The devs basically only ever come forward to acknowledge bugs and ask for clarification on issues people are having (reproduction steps, crash logs...). It's very rare for them to come to the forums only to state that an issue is already known.

This time they explicitly stated that pretty much all of the obvious stuff was of course already found during testing (nearly everything people have reported so far are just relatively minor graphical glitches). Two of their beta testers (one of which isn't a Steinberg employee) have also stated that while many issues from previous versions were fixed in 9.5, a large portion of these fixes had to be rescheduled to 9.5.10 for proper testing.

You should still report any showstoppers you find since these are often system-specific issues.
So what you're saying is that Steinberg knew they were releasing a complete mess and just rolled with it.
Cubase 9.5 is perfectly usable for almost everyone. Every major DAW release ever will appear unusable if you only listen to the vocal minority claiming that it's broken. You're one of the few who ran into major issues with 9.5, and honestly you're blowing it way out of proportion.
I'm blowing this whole "my £500 software doesn't work and crashes all the time" right out or proportion. I should just give them my money and sit on broken software for months until they see fit to release their update, which may or may not actually fix anything.

Just keep on repeating to yourself that "cubase 9.5 is perfectly usuable for almost everyone" like the little drone you are, while forgetting that it's at complete odds with your previous paragraph which states that Steinberg knew about how bugged its release was and that they had to go to a public forum to tell people not to worry as their upcoming update had fixed it all.
Almost nobody is running obscure PCIe audio interfaces like you, for example.
I've known about Marian for about 18 years so they're hardly obscure. German too, like Steinberg. You'd think they'd know about each other really.

What you're blowing out of proportion is how buggy 9.5 really is. A few graphical bugs (which is what the majority is experiencing) wont make the DAW unusable. That's what I'm saying. The issues you're experiencing are something else entirely and you should contact Steinberg support ASAP if you haven't done that yet.

wickfut wrote: I've known about Marian for about 18 years so they're hardly obscure. German too, like Steinberg. You'd think they'd know about each other really.
And they probably do: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 95#p688079

And sorry but, compared to pretty much every company selling external audio interfaces they're definitely on the obscure side.

Romantique Tp wrote:What you're blowing out of proportion is how buggy 9.5 really is. A few graphical bugs (which is what the majority is experiencing) wont make the DAW unusable. That's what I'm saying. The issues you're experiencing are something else entirely and you should contact Steinberg support ASAP if you haven't done that yet.
I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. I don't have graphical bugs. I have crashes and freezes needing to close in task manager. Don't tell me that 9.5 isn't buggy when you're not having these problems and I am. I've used Cubase on and off since the Atari. I had some problems with 8 but nothing as bad as this.
That post was me. They didn't reply to my ticket. This is what happens when you make a noise like I am doing.
And sorry but, compared to pretty much every company selling external audio interfaces they're definitely on the obscure side.
Who cares if YOU have or haven't heard of the company who makes my sound card?

wickfut wrote: I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. I don't have graphical bugs. I have crashes and freezes needing to close in task manager. Don't tell me that 9.5 isn't buggy when you're not having these problems and I am. I've used Cubase on and off since the Atari. I had some problems with 8 but nothing as bad as this.
But that's what I just said. As far as I know NOBODY ELSE is having issues this severe. :dog:

I give up. This is getting silly. I hope Steinberg support can help you fix this at least.

Romantique Tp wrote:As far as I know NOBODY ELSE is having issues this severe.
Yes they are.

Stop downplaying other peoples issues.

When you look at the Steinberg forum, R T is the fanboi par exellence.

It also puzzles me that a beta tester confesses that it is more important to Steinberg to rush a buggy version out quick than to fix the bugs. And he said that on the steinberg forum.

it would be nice to read a thread without the obligatory

rasmusklump wrote:When you look at the Steinberg forum, R T is the fanboi par exellence.

It also puzzles me that a beta tester confesses that it is more important to Steinberg to rush a buggy version out quick than to fix the bugs. And he said that on the steinberg forum.
That explains a lot, thanks for heads up. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

rasmusklump wrote:When you look at the Steinberg forum, R T is the fanboi par exellence.
Aww he looked me up. :hug:
Really? Where?

No ARA :?:

Surprised to see the upgrade listed as £51, did it not used to be in the £90-120 region?

I usually pass (or grace upgrade), but might actually jump in (not least for the new automation). Am I imagining it being cheaper this time round?

I read earlier about the grace period for people who had recently registered 9. I can get a good deal online for Elements 9, does anyone know if the grace period would also apply in that situation?

fandango wrote:Surprised to see the upgrade listed as £51, did it not used to be in the £90-120 region?

I usually pass (or grace upgrade), but might actually jump in (not least for the new automation). Am I imagining it being cheaper this time round?
Steinberg Pro updates are 99 USD for a x.0 version and 49 USD for a x.5 version.

This year it was 59 USD for both Cubase Pro 9.5 and Wavelab Pro 9.5, but this could be temporary since both of these were huge updates.
FatFreddy wrote:I read earlier about the grace period for people who had recently registered 9. I can get a good deal online for Elements 9, does anyone know if the grace period would also apply in that situation?
In your case it would only be valid for a brand new copy. If the price is too much lower than usual then it's probably an used copy, and wont work.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”