Which controller keyboard do you use for you virtual instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Acid Mitch wrote:I like the Roland A series. A300, A500, A800.
My choice too. Then I also have an old Novation SLMK II, wich is less good for the keybed -for me-, but much nicer for knobs etc.

This said, to OP, if you've been happy with the evolution you'll likely be happy with pretty much any keyboards, because Evolution keyboards were among the most plasticky feel and sending inconsistant data I ever played, so maybe it's better to concentrate on the features like knobs/sliders/drumpads etc etc. Or any keyboard + a novation zero sl midi control pad or similar knobby thing.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Nektar Impact LX88. It's not the best keyboard I ever had but I like it.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I'm still using my Evolution MK 461c from 10 years ago! :D
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ATN69 wrote:Nektar Impact LX88. It's not the best keyboard I ever had but I like it.
I have the LX49. I wish had aftertouch, but oh well.
I also have a Oxygen 25 and a Sub Phatty.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I use an Emu Xboard 61 I got about 10 years ago,

and more recently an Arturia KeyStep:

I'm currently using a Nektar p6 and a Roli seaboard. Can't recommend either enough. Also the Nektar came with Bitwig which turned out to be fun to use.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Examigan wrote:
ATN69 wrote:Nektar Impact LX88. It's not the best keyboard I ever had but I like it.
I have the LX49. I wish had aftertouch, but oh well.
I also have a Oxygen 25 and a Sub Phatty.
I actually have a M-Audio Oxygen 49 that I don't use. I think it's a nice keyboard and much value for the money, but I came to realize I needed 88 keys. I tried many keyboards with weighted keys but most of them felt too artificial, and not like a real grand piano. That's why I gave up that idea and went for semi weighted like the ones Nektar Impact LX88 have. I don't regret that choice.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Currently using a Roland A-70 (semi weighted 76 note controller with aftertouch) for synths and a Alesis QS8 for piano. Will be getting a Roli Seaboard Rise 49 for synths next month (can't wait). However I've been looking at the Nektar LX88 and it may replace the Alesis due to it's advantage in fader controls.

Teksonik wrote:I will never buy anything from M-Audio again. Their support for legacy products is non-existent and one day anything you buy from them will become a legacy product.
Wut? I have an ancient Oxygen 8 first gen happily working with Windows 10 64-bit. The keyboard is 15 years old. What kind of legacy support are you talking about?

yellowmix wrote:
Teksonik wrote:I will never buy anything from M-Audio again. Their support for legacy products is non-existent and one day anything you buy from them will become a legacy product.
Wut? I have an ancient Oxygen 8 first gen happily working with Windows 10 64-bit. The keyboard is 15 years old. What kind of legacy support are you talking about?
Audio interface drivers and control panel software. I have a Delta AP 192 and AP 24/96 neither of which have official Win 10 drivers although I have heard of some people having some success with the Win 7 drivers. I just went round with their "Support" on an issue with the Delta control panel software. They provide no support other than "here's the manual" so I'm done with M-Audio. Too many other options.

I've got an Oxygen 8, Oxygen 61 Second Gen, Radium 61, Trigger Finger and just sold an Axiom 49. Some of them were not recognized by Win 10 or weren't the last time I tried. Don't remember which ones but the Oxy 61 is the only one hooked up now. The Akai MPK261 has proven to be superior to all of them and yes I know that they have the same parent company now....inMusic Brands.

I won't buy from M-Audio again but hey if you like their products and service party on....... :party:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am a big Akai MPK series fan. My main controller is an Akai MPK88.

I also own an Akai MPK261 that gets used regularly and an Akai MPK49 and MPK25 that are boxed in storage.

used a Nektar P4 but found 49 keys too limiting, still an amazing controller, I just should have bought the 61 key version. Use my Virus Ti now instead.

Return to “Instruments”