Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Sg1122
KVRist

69 posts since 1 Aug, 2017

Postby Sg1122; Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 am Re: Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

simon.a.billington wrote:Looks like this year we are getting another free plugin, except this time we have a choice. Including a new, unnanounced plugin.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

to me this seems like they are going to choose whichever has the most votes and give it to everybody instead of a choice
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

2040 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 am Re: Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

The diamond bundle has lots of useful things in it. Waves covers lots of ground, but more importantly they do it in a very slick way. The interfaces of their plugins are some of the best laid out and easiest to use around. I use at least six or seven waves plugins in every mix I do.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
imran5000
KVRist

132 posts since 13 Nov, 2006

Postby imran5000; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:42 pm Re: Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

I think it’s very good value having used the Diamond bundle a few years back while mixing on a friends PC. Super Tap, the Limiters, Max Bass to name a few plus they’ve added plugins that weren’t in there before like the H-Series ones. Center I’ve seen used very effectively by a dance producer and that’s something I was looking at alone. Badly wanted the Diamond Bundle but could never justify the outlay.

Agree with the comment about multiple Limiters, Compressors and EQs though reducing the value you get however there’s enough useful stuff to make it worthwhile. Also agree that there’s no doubt superior plugins available in this day and age, but at the end Waves stuff does the job.

Over time I’ve accumulated plugins like FabFilter which are great but if I add up the cost of them for a few plugins 299 is cheap.

Personally I might pull the trigger myself but I’m looking at the Steven Slate subscription as well before I do so - in fact I might start a post about it !!
ATS
KVRAF

5398 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 pm Re: Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

Horizon isn't much more expensive and it is MUCH better. I paid like twice what it is new now as an upgrade price years ago. Sort of feel cheated because they never offer good upgrade paths to Mercury and just keep making everything cheaper and cheaper.
simon.a.billington
KVRian

1153 posts since 12 Nov, 2014

Postby simon.a.billington; Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:14 pm Re: Waves Diamond Bundle on sale 90% off. Is it worth it?

Sg1122 wrote:
simon.a.billington wrote:Looks like this year we are getting another free plugin, except this time we have a choice. Including a new, unnanounced plugin.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

to me this seems like they are going to choose whichever has the most votes and give it to everybody instead of a choice

As it turns out, you are right.

Damn it. I actually thought it would have been better if we all had a personal choice. As it turns out we all got to vote instead.

Anyway, it seems that those of us who registered will be getting a free VU better. Not my top pick as I have a few meters, it I’m sure it would still find it’s use.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects