Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greedy.mf wrote:I was eyeing ANA 2 for a long time but offering a commercial software product without demo seems very odd to me.
Guess that SA wanted to get on a Black Friday train so badly.

Questions for owners:
- how does it behave CPU wise? Getting tired of hungry plugs and getting my hands burned over my flaming laptop.
- is UI responsive? Unfortunately I experience "sticky" knobs and envelops with one of my recent purchase (Thorn) and it spoils the fun, albeit not ruins.
- is really that intuitive? Combination of mod matrix and dedicated selectable destination for different modulators seems confusing.
- is the unison good?
- how easy is to deconstruct or tweak the exact thing in a patch? I'm not talking about trivial cutoff adjustment, something more obscure. With Serum or Thorn it's on a glance.

Hate to make blind decisions but guess it's the game when you're cheapskate.
Wait for a demo and answer them yourself...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
greedy.mf wrote: Hate to make blind decisions but guess it's the game when you're cheapskate.
Well, yes and no.

I would certainly miss the sale while waiting.
If I could get some feedback I'd probably buy it.

Is it possible to get the correct .pdf manual on the ANA2 web page for download please. This would be very useful.

I must repeat the same question, how come there is no demo yet for this new synth? And why no independent is reviewing it on youtube or somewhere to have a honest understanding of the syntht's capabilities? (Yes, I know how it works with the "independent" reviews, but still... ) Tbh, I'm tempted to get it, but without being able to try it first I will rather get three Avenger expansions instead while on sale and wait until ANA2 will become a solid and mature VSTi, eventually get it for 50% off.

Are there any granular synthesis possibilities with the sample oscillators? I see nothing in the GUI, but maybe it can be done by mapping some of the LFOs / Envelopes, but I'm not sure if they go up to audio rate?

Frankly, even at the current reduced price it seems expensive for what it offers...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

greedy.mf wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
greedy.mf wrote: Hate to make blind decisions but guess it's the game when you're cheapskate.
Well, yes and no.

I would certainly miss the sale while waiting.
If I could get some feedback I'd probably buy it.
Well, can't you go by the feedback? It's been pretty positive... With the exception of some minor nitpicking about the loading time and some other 'blurred' text. Which they said it will be fixed so o big deal for me anyway).

I'm all for the sound and I think it sounds great! I like the unison too and the filters sound very good. Their moog filter is really nice for thick bass. But that just me... YMMV.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

We have been working really hard to get ANA 2 out, then Black Friday! We are all now working on getting a demo sorted, will be out soon, hopefully early next week.
Aye, whatever....

Chris, I hope thee demo will be ready while the introductory price still lasts!

In the meanwhile could anyone do at least a patches walkthrough video, just to understand a bit the sonic range I can expect with ANA2?

Thanks!
Chris Agnelli wrote:We have been working really hard to get ANA 2 out, then Black Friday! We are all now working on getting a demo sorted, will be out soon, hopefully early next week.

Being recorded as we speak - in the meantime - https://soundcloud.com/sonic-academy/se ... audio-demo
Aye, whatever....

emanuelsj wrote:Chris, I hope thee demo will be ready while the introductory price still lasts!

In the meanwhile could anyone do at least a patches walkthrough video, just to understand a bit the sonic range I can expect with ANA2?

Thanks!
Chris Agnelli wrote:We have been working really hard to get ANA 2 out, then Black Friday! We are all now working on getting a demo sorted, will be out soon, hopefully early next week.
Heres a playlist of videos i did a while ago messing with some presets.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 0d5DDtzwuW
Last edited by Phil Sonic Academy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris, Phil - thanks, folks!

For those on the fence about getting this because of no demo, price, whatever, you all know that I am the first one here to bitch about everything. I have contributed to more than my fair share of train wrecked threads.

I look at it this way.

1) Price - I don't consider this an upgrade. These are two completely different synths. That they're offering an upgrade price at all I think is very generous given how complex ANA 2 is. So the $83 and change that I spent is still far less than a comparable synth like this would cost. Go on, try and get a synth this deep for 83 bucks. Good luck with that.

2) Demo - These are not some fly by night guys. They've been around a long time. Phil is always here. If there's problems with the current build, they'll get fixed. That isn't even a concern. So get it while you can still get it cheap and if fixes are needed, barring the company being blown off the map, they'll get done.

This purchase was a no brainer for me and I never buy a synth without demoing it first. I trust Sonic Academy to ultimately come out with a kick ass product that, with the discount for ANA 1 owners, blows away any other synth for that money.

Look at it this way? Do you REALLY want to spend $200 for this thing if you wait for a demo to come out and the introductory sale is over? I know I didn't. That's why I got this thing without even blinking an eye

And my library for it will be coming out in February.

Get it. You won't be sorry. (The synth, not my library. LOL)

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
ATS wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
You bought it second hand tho?
yes but why am i penalized for that?
We are basing the vouchers on what the user paid us for their copy of ANA 1. you paid us £10 license transfer fee.
Wait, so anyone who bought ANA trough a reseller or second hand won't get an upgrade deal?

Hard decision between ANA 2 (intro price but no demo yet) or Rapid (on sale)... :help:

Return to “Instruments”