Black Friday Fun - What Did You Buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mrj1nx wrote:I'm still trying to understand why kontakt is so essential to some people, I feel like I need it but I don't know why. Feels like I'm in the dark...

I keep hearing about great free libs but when I Google or YouTube all I find is guitars flutes and pianos... I feel like there's a hidden world somewhere that I fail to see

I'm tempted to get it now just to explore more
I see a lot of professional libraries are in kontakt form, which is understandable but incredibly annoying, as many need the full version rather than the free version. But I guess there is no real free alternative, unless you count Sforzando.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O62kISpCN9Y
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

10 set Daddario 11-49. I was going to buy anyway but got it 10% cheaper. No software. I probably buy another guitar again and most likely a used one. Can’t have enough guitars. :tu:

Very surprised at myself. It was strangely easy this year to resist all temptations....nothing for me.

Studio One 3 Pro upgrade for $63.

mrj1nx wrote:I'm still trying to understand why kontakt is so essential to some people, I feel like I need it but I don't know why. Feels like I'm in the dark...

I keep hearing about great free libs but when I Google or YouTube all I find is guitars flutes and pianos... I feel like there's a hidden world somewhere that I fail to see

You don't get Kontakt because of the great "free" libraries. You get it because some of the best specialty libraries out there require Kontakt full version in order to run. End of story.

In a way, Kontakt is almost a monopoly in the marketplace in order to use so many amazing products. The ones I've purchased I'd be lost without. Therefor, I'd be lost without Kontakt.

XT upgrade for Replika

Well, Hybrid 3 can't be overpriced at one dollar (at pluginboutique.com), can it? I do own Synthmaster though. Is there a difference between them? (I actually don't use Synthmaster much and am looking for more of never-heard-before sounds, but the one dollar sound packs to Hybrid 3 are all house stuff.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

wagtunes wrote:

You don't get Kontakt because of the great "free" libraries. You get it because some of the best specialty libraries out there require Kontakt full version in order to run. End of story.

In a way, Kontakt is almost a monopoly in the marketplace in order to use so many amazing products. The ones I've purchased I'd be lost without. Therefor, I'd be lost without Kontakt.
Although I do like some free libs for me it's mostly third party small libs like Home Grown sounds, Soundiron, Audiothing Synth Magic and Particular sound. When they come on sale they are very cheap it's a great way to get cool refreshing sounds. We are talking like 10-20$ plugins I don't think there are better options than Kontakt to get your hands cheaply on stuff of that value that you can use over and over. Picked up Stigmatized drummer for 20$ for exemple nothing comes close to it at this price tag.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

jacqueslacouth wrote:Very surprised at myself. It was strangely easy this year to resist all temptations....nothing for me.
Wasn't it though? A bit of a lame year for me. I did buy some generative tools that I've been wanting for a while but I expected a much bigger dent in my wallet.

Also, other than Soundtoys, the freeibes sucked this year!

I am now in Transparent Dynamics Heaven:

TDR Limiter6 GE for $25 from Audio Deluxe
TDR Kotelnikov GE for $26.70 from JRR Shop (using coupon: FORUM).

This should be a fun weekend...

I also got the Elysia Museq for $4 (using my $25 Plugin Alliance voucher)

And that's a wrap.

PS: I definitely recommend getting Hybrid 3 for a buck. I got it as part of the Air bundle I bought last year without ever having tried it and I love it. It gets used quite a bit (and I also own stuff like Dune 2, Predator, Twin2, etc..). Definitely a steal and no brainer at $1, if only for the presets. It would have been a true highlight/No brainer for me if I didn't already own it.
Play it by ear

SC-5 Blackface/Blueface, BFD Metal Snares... and that's about it, i think.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

pheeleep wrote: PS: I definitely recommend getting Hybrid 3 for a buck. I got it as part of the Air bundle I bought last year without ever having tried it and I love it. It gets used quite a bit (and I also own stuff like Dune 2, Predator, Twin2, etc..). Definitely a steal and no brainer at $1, if only for the presets. It would have been a true highlight/No brainer for me if I didn't already own it.
Thanks pheeleep! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Just bought Volko Q American Series for $99! I was going to buy it on JRR but the Forum discount was unavailable. So I thought I'd just get it from Volko themselves.

Niiice!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Nothing still, maybe I get a Melodics annual sub with 20% discount.

I have, for me, too many instruments.
dedication to flying

a new computer

Return to “Instruments”