Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

Electrobop wrote:
Phil Sonic Academy wrote:
garryknight wrote:Big problem for some of us, Phil. This is what ANA 2.0 looks like on my Microsoft Surface Pro 3

It's in Studio One 3.5 but I doubt that makes a difference. It's because the Surface Pro 3 runs in hi-res mode. It looks fine on my Windows PC.
WOW WTF!...

is it like that for all sizes? can you even get into settings to change sizes?

What is the screen resolution of the surface pro 3?

I'm having the same problem on my 28" 4k monitor in Bitwig.
The only way to fix it is set my Windows 10 display scaling to 100% or 200% and matching those settings in Bitwig. I usually run in 150% scaling. Running at 200% everything pixelated & blurry and at 100% everything is painfully small.

Other than that. Its a great synth.
this has been fixed, just trying to address a couple other things for this next release

Good to hear about the fix. This synth is worth every penny!

Cheers!

Vortifex wrote:
Spencer Maddox wrote:I'm having a similar situation with slow loading times when Loading up. My specs are similar to Exmats, Running the latest Windows with an I7 16 GB Ram Hp Envy Laptop. And whenever I put ANA in a project the CPU usage very quickly jumps and turns on my Fan. In the Test I did using the Live 10 beta (Yes I know a beta version of a software is not the best testing environment but I digress) the CPU meter shot from 5% to 45% and turned on the fan, in all the synth took maybe 8 seconds to load (By comparison Sylenth1 took my CPU from 13% to 35% and Falcon 14% to 35%) Bitwig 2.2 the performance was a bit worse. Again not exactly a huge issue since the synth itself is running Fine but its loading woes are strange since no other VST I have does such a thing.
If Sylenth1 is sending your CPU to 35% then something is wrong. It's one of the most light on CPU VSTs you can buy. Can you try a DAW that isn't in beta?
I’m trying it out in bitwig and FL as well as the normal version of ableton (9.7)
Also I should re-emphasise my statement.
The cpu benchmark I was describing was the momentary spike that happends when I LOAD the vst, and I was monitoring it on the task manager and not the interior monitor in ableton (or bitwig). Sylenth1 is working just fine and being it’s normal low-Usage self afterwards. Same with AnA, but it takes a while to load/reopen and turns on the fan whenever it’s reopened. The point of my statement was to report that the synth seemed to take a lot of resources when opened and reopened compared to other synths. I apologize for not making that as clear.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Does your computer use the CPUs on board graphics? Might be GPU related?

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:Does your computer use the CPUs on board graphics? Might be GPU related?
That could very well be it. My GPU is the basic on board graphics that came with the laptop.
Still strange that no other plugin takes nearly as long to load however. Including larger resource Heavy plugins like Falcon or Serum.
I think I’m going to test it on An Older MacBook Pro I have lying around. Gonna see how much of a difference in performance using a difference OS with different specs.

Again this isint a huuuuge deal, just a bit confusing.

Are there any plans to add more GUI sizes? For me 75% is too small but 100% is a little too big (keyboard and chord device are chopped off). Serum sits nicely at 680 pixels high (taking into account Studio One 3 stupid fat menu bars). I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm using a Windows laptop with standard 1366x768 screen res.

Okay Downloading it now on the Macbook, Going to see what difference it makes. Btw phil, on this topic how many computers am I allowed to have ANA2 on and how would I de-authorise my copy to move to another (I might be changing Computers this Christmas season).

EDIT: Runing much better as an AU in Logic. On a computer thats literally 4 years older than my current laptop :shrug:
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How about 115% gui? 100% is too small, but 125% is just a little bit too big. Also, how about getting right click knobs = lock button. So when I like change presets, global volume / filter cut off / what ever - stays there where I locked it. Ana2 sounds amazing! :tu:

After callously ignoring all the BF deals so far, I finally decided to take the plunge. I'd demoed ANA once and wasn't too impressed, but after spending half an hour with version 2, I have to say: great work! ANA 2 is a lovely beast, with a huge amount of sound design potential. The filters are, for the most part, top notch! I'm piling on the voices, and the cpu is ridiculously low. Modulators a-plenty, an FX section fully stocked and sounding good, impressive unison... what's not to like? The fonts could be a bit clearer, and some more skin options would be nice (the black is TOO black, and the white is TOO white imo), but that's picking nits. Clearly a lot of thought, work and heart went into the making... it shows. And it's definitely worth the price tag, it's in the same bracket with Rapid, Serum, Spire etc.

have been exploring it, it's really nice. suprised tho, that, in (almost) 2018, there's a bunch of 'wub' presets... isn't that over?? and where are the hiphop presets? but overall, great synth, great sounds... and glad to have added it to my arsenal.

...and right away a pretty big FR: the sample and hold LFO desperately needs a smooth control! Yeah, you can do some pseudo-random stuff with the g-env, but it's not the same.

Opening the GUI after closing it takes 1 minute and 12 seconds on my PC. While I'm waiting for the GUI to open, my DAW (Ableton Live) is unresponsive and CPU usage jumps up to about 35%. After the GUI pops up the CPU goes back to around 10%.
Also tried in Reaper and Maschine, same result.

My system may not be the fastest around, but I've never had this issue with any of the 100+ plugins I own.

System specs:
Intel Core i5-3450
8GB RAM
SSD

EDIT: After a reboot the time to open the GUI went down to 3 seconds :party:
I guess I should reboot more often (my PC runs 24/7) :D

I finally bought it even ima little short on money.
Sounds really great !
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I've just been through all the Arp patches and some of them aren't arpeggios. For example, Above All, which is a set of string chords.

Reefius wrote:Opening the GUI after closing it takes 1 minute and 12 seconds on my PC. While I'm waiting for the GUI to open, my DAW (Ableton Live) is unresponsive and CPU usage jumps up to about 35%. After the GUI pops up the CPU goes back to around 10%.
Also tried in Reaper and Maschine, same result.

My system may not be the fastest around, but I've never had this issue with any of the 100+ plugins I own.

System specs:
Intel Core i5-3450
8GB RAM
SSD

EDIT: After a reboot the time to open the GUI went down to 3 seconds :party:
I guess I should reboot more often (my PC runs 24/7) :D
As simple as it this solution sounds I didn’t think of it and I Can now confirm this completely solved my Windows problem as well :D
rebooted completely and what do you know’ it’s now loading and reloading fast and efficently just like all my other plugins do. Never would of thought it was somthing that simple to fix and No idea how this solved the problem, but I’ll take it. :D :party:

Return to “Instruments”