Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Two small fixes to the clip mode:

#9.25
* Fixed: The time values displayed in clip mode were 0 based instead of 1 as displayed in Bitwig.
* New: The change speed of play start, end, loop start, length in Clip Mode are slowed down.

:love: :o
* New: The change speed of play start, end, loop start, length in Clip Mode are slowed down.

You can read my mind!
Thank you so much for this one!

This script become more and more awesome !

A question : Is it possible to implement a way to draw differents note size, for exemple; push the start of the note, keep it pushed, and push the end of the note to determine its lenght.
Or maybe just push a note and select it lenght with a pot or encoder ?

Hi Moss! Thanks again for all your hard work and amazing scripts.

I was trying to build and test the latest features you are working on to fully integrate the Push 2 display. I was able to successfully build and use the Master. I can also successfully build the display_dev, however, Bitwig doesn't seem to recognize the extension. I moved the freshly built display_dev extension into Bitwig's extensions folder, but when I launch Bitwig 2.2.2 it doesn't see that extension. Am I missing something? I'd love to test these new features and help in whatever way I can.

Thanks!

danielrdehaan wrote:Hi Moss! Thanks again for all your hard work and amazing scripts.

I was trying to build and test the latest features you are working on to fully integrate the Push 2 display. I was able to successfully build and use the Master. I can also successfully build the display_dev, however, Bitwig doesn't seem to recognize the extension. I moved the freshly built display_dev extension into Bitwig's extensions folder, but when I launch Bitwig 2.2.2 it doesn't see that extension. Am I missing something? I'd love to test these new features and help in whatever way I can.

Thanks!
Seems you have to be patient :-)

moss wrote: Seems you have to be patient :-)
Haha! Sounds good! Thanks again for all the amazing work you have done, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

- Daniel

Hi all-

Can anyone help a noob get up and running with the display for Push 2?

When I try to run the "run.command" script to instantiate the Push2Display process, I get the following in terminal:

Last login: Fri Nov 24 09:52:56 on ttys000
Wys-MacBook-Pro:~ audi$ /Users/audi/Desktop/DrivenByMoss\ \(1\)/push2display/run.command ; exit;
/Users/audi/Desktop/DrivenByMoss (1)/push2display/run.command: line 2: cd: /Users/audi/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/push2display: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I'm on a Macbook running El Capitan with Java 9.0.1 +11 running.
Thanks for the help! I'm excited to possibly buy Bitwig instead of upgrading to Live 10.
I'm thinking it might be a much better investment.

iguai wrote:Hi all-

Can anyone help a noob get up and running with the display for Push 2?

When I try to run the "run.command" script to instantiate the Push2Display process, I get the following in terminal:

Last login: Fri Nov 24 09:52:56 on ttys000
Wys-MacBook-Pro:~ audi$ /Users/audi/Desktop/DrivenByMoss\ \(1\)/push2display/run.command ; exit;
/Users/audi/Desktop/DrivenByMoss (1)/push2display/run.command: line 2: cd: /Users/audi/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/push2display: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I'm on a Macbook running El Capitan with Java 9.0.1 +11 running.
Thanks for the help! I'm excited to possibly buy Bitwig instead of upgrading to Live 10.
I'm thinking it might be a much better investment.

You need to move the extension to that folder and run the command from there.
/Users/audi/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@larsomat

Thanks so much!

My setup suddenly started to act funny. All buttons but Browse and Note are unlit. The buttons seem to work, but they are all dark black. This started today, it was working yesterday!

I tried rebooting, but no luck. I am running BWS 2.2.2 and v9.25 of the controller script on Ubuntu 16.04. Anyone knows about this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ok, cause was an embarrassing layer-8 failure. I forgot to plug-in the power supply...

Edit: previous version of this post was mistaken.

Hi Moss. There seems to be a critical bug in the recurding procedure.
Pressing "new" button for recording an X bar midiclip produces truncated or doubled sounds.
Playback after recording is ok.

Best
Peter

gabbamat wrote:Hi Moss. There seems to be a critical bug in the recurding procedure.
Pressing "new" button for recording an X bar midiclip produces truncated or doubled sounds.
Playback after recording is ok.
Since I didn't change anything in that area for some time, can you please check if this might be a Bitwig bug? In what version does that appear?

It seems to be again a bitwig bug. Disabling record quantisation is fixing the problem for the moment.
overdubbing an empty fixed lenght midi loop without push leads to the same buggy result
If i hit clip record with the mouse rec quant is working.
Version 2.2.2
thx for your efforts!
Last edited by gabbamat on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've been using push 1 and bitwig quite some time now, and found that the selected track in bitwig UI is often out of sync with the push track. Especially when navigating inside groups. Is this a know issue, a feature or user error?

Return to “Controller Scripting”