Eventide Fission [now named "Physion"] - anything similar?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!
;D

how is fission ? i got NI Transient and SPL transient designer, but it seems fission is just more, will it replace those transient shapers or is it something on its own?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Any of Melda's multiband plugins or MXXX.

The crossover has several choices including tonal/transient, which is how Fission functions
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Of course you can create something similar with a couple of transient shapers in parallel followed by the effects of your choice

Thx. Yeah i can setup 2x transient plus but is it so smooth like this + pitch shifting option?

I read about transgressor too. Hmmmm hatd to decide :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

As an example, I used 2 x Softube Transient Shapers in parallel and stuck a different effect after each of them. I then set one TS with the sustain turned down and one with transient turned down and tweaked the other settings to taste. I couldn't quite get the snappy transient I wanted so followed that particular TS with a gate.

You can use whatever effects you want after the Transient

VariKusBrainZ wrote:As an example, I used 2 x Softube Transient Shapers in parallel and stuck a different effect after each of them. I then set one TS with the sustain turned down and one with transient turned down and tweaked the other settings to taste. I couldn't quite get the snappy transient I wanted so followed that particular TS with a gate.

You can use whatever effects you want after the Transient
Thx alot for the replies!

Yeah i wonder if pitchshifting is also the same as with fission. Hopefully can demo today. Cause i like the idea e.g. having the transient pitched 0 and body -12

When Fission was released, I thought it was no different than a few transient designers and some effects. I've tried different transient designers and routing, but I couldn't get the same results as Fission.

just tried the demo, somehow underwhelmed or im doing something wrong!

i wanted to have the transients to stay at 0 pitch and the lows at -12, but the lows were kinda 1-2 ms later played (sure, i have to normally manually realign a pitched sample) but i cannot move the playback position(speed, so kinda useless i guess?

seems i will wait for another plugin making this concept better.

kiezum wrote:When Fission was released, I thought it was no different than a few transient designers and some effects. I've tried different transient designers and routing, but I couldn't get the same results as Fission.
Fission's transient splitter is different from other transient designers because transient designers mostly just detect the presence of a transient and apply gain, or gain reduction, to the whole signal during the transient. Fission separates the transient and tonal bits into two different signals, even if there is transient and tonal information happening at the same time. A great example is guitar picking - the non-picked strings will stay in the tonal channel and the picking sounds will be in the transient channel. That's why I'm skeptical you can get the same sounds with a transient shaper.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote:
kiezum wrote:When Fission was released, I thought it was no different than a few transient designers and some effects. I've tried different transient designers and routing, but I couldn't get the same results as Fission.
Fission's transient splitter is different from other transient designers because transient designers mostly just detect the presence of a transient and apply gain, or gain reduction, to the whole signal during the transient. Fission separates the transient and tonal bits into two different signals, even if there is transient and tonal information happening at the same time. A great example is guitar picking - the non-picked strings will stay in the tonal channel and the picking sounds will be in the transient channel. That's why I'm skeptical you can get the same sounds with a transient shaper.
Thanks Dan, that's a great example and inspires me to check it out with similar inputs.

that's what i tested it on, e.g. piano etc. but somehow it wasnt so nicely blended and well.

Caine123 wrote:that's what i tested it on, e.g. piano etc. but somehow it wasnt so nicely blended and well.
Piano is a bit tough because the transients aren't so well defined. Did you play with the tuning parameters at all? Specifically the Source Type, Smoothing, and Focus? Those can make a big difference. I usually solo one channel, and tweak these to get good separation, then start applying effects.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

Don't waste money on this.

For me it's the most "transparent" sounding transient designer I own. And I have lots of them.

Return to “Effects”